Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

I'll be wearing my Sonic shirt the day it arrives in college. Just for celebratory reasons. People be admirin' my swag...

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd have to check and see if my Sonic t-shirt is at uni or not.

Because I plan to bring a LOT more than just a t-shirt. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

I've ordered with first class delivery from Amazon UK and it says:

Dispatch Estimate: 1 Nov 2011 - 2 Nov 2011

Delivery Estimate: 3 Nov 2011 - 4 Nov 2011

How do you view a dispatch estimate on Amazon UK?

All I see is delivery estimate: 4 Nov 2011

I've ordered with first class delivery from Amazon UK and it says:

Hope it's sent out tomorrow and I get it Thursday. I'm working when the postman comes on Friday.

Yeah, mine just says "Delivery estimate: 4th Nov 2011" without any dispatch estimate.

Honestly, when I've pre-ordered games from Amazon before I've never had them come before release. Usually comes bang on the day in my experience. Though admittedly I mostly shop from GAME, shopto and occasionally Zavvi(If it's much cheaper there) now for pre-orders, so they might have changed.

I think I know why mine and Fro's dispatch estimate is 3rd Nov. I see almost every plane that lands on Warsaw airport from place where I live in. And thursday is day of DHL and other courrier companies. This may be the reason since Amazon sends those via DHL. I think I will just go pick it up at their office at Cargo Terminal if they wont deliver it on Friday (which I doubt since I live just 15 Km from airport so Friday seems reasonable)

PS I DO see my dispatch estimate. Its above delivery estimate.

Edited by HUNTER297

Nah, mine doesn't have that yet. Just "Not yet dispatched" and the delivery estimate. I hope they ain't dragging their feet or anything. But then I am an extreme pessimist. I'm just concerned about it not coming at all or things missing from it or *gulp*, the statue ending up broken or something.

I have heard good things about Amazon though. So I'm slightly less pessimistic than usual.

Collector's Edition Unboxing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZe6yWd3g2o

I'm not gonna spoil my self watching it. Just came across it watching a unboxing of the regular edition.

Edited by Michael Myers

Amazon is usually very good in me and my wife's experiences, especially with DVD's, Blu-ray's and CD's. We've often had those arrive on Friday's and Saturday's, rather than on their Monday release days. I've not pre-ordered a game with them before, though. But I expect they're just as good with those. I usually use HMV, Zavvi or the supermarkets for my games.

I've preordered games from Amazon UK plenty in the past. They are pretty good and mostly you will get the preordered game on the exact day of release. I haven't ever recevied a game from them a day early like GAME usually do but their service is great.

Edited by BlueEagle21

Collector's Edition Unboxing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZe6yWd3g2o

I'm not gonna spoil my self watching it. Just came across it watching a unboxing of the regular edition.

Why is it never the bloody UK!!

Screw you Amazon! Why can't you fuck up like the rest of the world?!?!?!??!?!

smile.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh fucking hell! I wanted to post the first unboxing vid... ... .. *shakes fist*

Also, theres some dude on my friends list who isn't a journalist, nor does he live in the US, yet he's had the PS3 version since Sunday morning!

HOLY FLAMING STATUES BATMAN!

holycollectors.jpg

You can do that with the statue!? Suddenly I want this even more!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3