Awoo.

Release Dates and Release Editions Speculation

Blue Blood

Why? What happened?

Oh nothing. I didn't expect that. That's all! Tomorrow i go to the bank to load the money for my CE :D

Oh nothing. I didn't expect that. That's all! Tomorrow i go to the bank to load the money for my CE :D

My card is already loaded :D Bring it on!

Does Amazon take out the cash AND ship your product on the same day?

They get money and ship right after that.

They get money and ship right after that.

Oh alright, I thought that they'll take out the money tomorrow and ship it the day after (like what GAME does). Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, and maybe forgetfulness, but was there any particular reason why the USA got Generations on the 1st, while Europe has to wait until the 4th?

Just out of curiosity, and maybe forgetfulness, but was there any particular reason why the USA got Generations on the 1st, while Europe has to wait until the 4th?

• Thumbs Up 1

In America, games are release on Tuesdays. In Europe, it's Fridays. That's the only reason.

In America, games are release on Tuesdays. In Europe, it's Fridays. That's the only reason.

You're kinda wrong, it's the UK that gets its games on Fridays. The rest of Europe can get games early as Wednesday. But they tend to break the release date anyway.

My promo copy of Sonic Generations PS3 has just arrived in the post :D Big thanks to Dreadknux and SEGA.

206ybv7.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Come on Amazon take my money and dispatch already!

Yeah, I'm the same - they aren't even preparing for dispatch - it is early yeah, but it usually changes to that a good bit before it actually dispatches ;/

Guys just an update to those with Priority Import orders. Our orders will be dispatched today for sure. Fro reported that Amzon send him e-mail reporting problem with his pre-paid card which means they are taking payments right now! (at least for import orders) I'm not surprised those orders are send earlier because they need ti deliver them on relase date. So its really soon guys :D

I've just phoned up Amazon about this and from the Email I've just gotten... things don't look good for dispatch today:

I’ve checked your order # xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and we’re still waiting for the following item(s) to be delivered to us by our supplier Sonic Generations - Collector's Edition (PS3) .

We still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: 4 Nov 2011 .

Is that to say that Amazon doesn't even have ANY of them yet? blink.png

Edited by CobraRoll

Doesn't look amazing does it. My other half says Amazon only ship up until 3pm but I've no idea where she got that from, it might be nonsense

I'm going to choose to focus on the second part of that message from amazon, not the first. Still expecting a 4th Nov delivery is positive.

What postage option did you go for CobraRoll?

Edited by Supersonikku

I've just phoned up Amazon about this and from the Email I've just gotten... things don't look good for dispatch today:

(Amazon quote)

Is that to say that Amazon doesn't even have ANY of them yet? blink.png

Nah, that's gotta be bullshit.

Blackbell has already received his early from Amazon due to an administrative error. Amazon have got them, whoever said that must be misinformed.

Edited by ENVY

In this case, I'm under Expedited delivery (fastest option available). Something about the response seems very automated and 'customer service 101' though.

Nah, that's gotta be bullshit.

Blackbell has already received his early from Amazon due to an administrative error. Amazon have got them, whoever said that must be misinformed.

just noticed Amazon has forums for it's products including one for Generations. There's a topic for the release date on there and among concerns similar to the ones here now, someone posted at midday saying their status has changed to "dispatching soon". So this should mean our order status' should gradually update as our copies are shipping out across the country today. Guess that email Cobraroll got was rubbish, or worst case scenario, they have the 360 editions but not the PS3 editions. Not sure what version Blackbell received, but I really can't imagine this being the case.

Fingers crossed!

• Thumbs Up 1

just noticed Amazon has forums for it's products including one for Generations. There's a topic for the release date on there and among concerns similar to the ones here now, someone posted at midday saying their status has changed to "dispatching soon". So this should mean our order status' should gradually update as our copies are shipping out across the country today. Guess that email Cobraroll got was rubbish, or worst case scenario, they have the 360 editions but not the PS3 editions. Not sure what version Blackbell received, but I really can't imagine this being the case.

Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed!

• Thumbs Up 1