Awoo.

Sonic Generations: New Screenshots and Arts [Archive]

Woun

307378_10150343410287418_23050342417_7982929_2075173700_n.jpg

That hedgehog's carrying a car!

You and I thought of the same thing around the same time in different topics. XD

But Silver's fight looks interesting. Technically not like the original, but to be honest I kind of prefer this to "TAKE THIS!"

I like it. I've never had a problem with chase bosses, and these rival battles seem like they'll at least try to be a little different.

WHAT? Why are we fighting him in Crisis City now? It originally took place in Castle Town. Sure it's similar to Spagonia, but with the water and greyer architecture is could have looked very different. Still loving the fact that it's a race now though.

As hilarious as it would've been to fight Silver outside a bunch of restaurants again, it was probably the right move to put him somewhere else. I mean, aside from Soleanna looking a lot like Spagonia, it might also be a bit of a letdown for people unfamiliar with the series' history playing through the rival battles to go from a futuristic city to a space station to, uh, Venice. Also, this isn't a surprise, is it? I'm pretty sure we got at least one gigantic hint that they'd move somebody's battle, and since Metal and Shadow stayed the same...

That said, it's kind of a pity that the fight is going to be in a stage that's already a level. I'd have loved to see it moved to Aquatic Base or something, to match with Silver's high-tech look.

This looks better then the original to be honest (I never liked the Sonic vs Silver fight in 06 anyway).

I admit it does, I just wish they could've though of something else. Ahh well.

I admit it does, I just wish they could've though of something else. Ahh well.

I would have preferred the boss fight to be in Radical Train. sad.png

So what will the music be to this battle? Can't be Crisis City again.

That covered road looks so similar to the covered road in act 1 of Skyscaper Scamper in HD Unleashed.

empirecity.png

Alongside those spherical objects with ladders on the sides of them (Water storage containers?), this makes me inclined to think that Crisis City is future Empire City or something blink.png

I made a topic wondering what Crisis City was, but I'm pretty sure we came to the conclusion it was the New City of Soleanna (now with more tornados and cars being carried by them).

I would have preferred the boss fight to be in Radical Train. sad.png

So what will the music be to this battle? Can't be Crisis City again.

No the train boss fight is reserved for Nack the Weasel and Sunset Park! :P (still hoping) lol.

While I absolutely love Silver and am gonna hate all the idiots who automatcially follow the herd with "game is shit now" comments, I do have to voice my disappointment at the stage choice.

Crisis City again? Seriously!?

Why fight Silver there when we could have the boss fight in some other place. Sure the streets of Soleanna might've been a bit boring (and with Rooftop Run a bit of repetition, not that Sonic Team seems worried with stage trope repetition *looks at level list*) but couldn't they have reworked the Silver fight into say Kingdom Valley or Radical Train or just some other level that is NOT Crisis City and a level we already get to play? Hell, set it in .....White Acropolis? was that the name of it? And then you'd semi have quashed some arguments about not having a snow trope represented.

"IT'S NO USE!"

302677_10150343410432418_23050342417_7982931_1244659639_n.jpg

"No, really, it is."

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 6

That covered road looks so similar to the covered road in act 1 of Skyscaper Scamper in HD Unleashed.

empirecity.png

Alongside those spherical objects with ladders on the sides of them (Water storage containers?), this makes me inclined to think that Crisis City is future Empire City or something blink.png

Wow, that's unbelievable! Well spotted!

Sonic-Generations-PC-Screenshots-2.jpg

You have the choice to use the Elemental Shields ANYTIME YOU WANT by pressing Y (Triangle for PS3)!!!

ohmy.png

Also, this game looks gorgeous, I never knew such crisp graphics can be achieved on 6 year old hardware (or maybe it's the PC version but the person is using a 360 controller, if that's the case then I'm a sad panda). Well done Sonic Team, but it BETTER look this good on my TV, m'kay! smile.png

Edited by KrazyBean14

24193SonicBlueBlur202011-10-032016-34-08-08-1.jpg

You have the choice to use the Elemental Shields ANYTIME YOU WANT by pressing Y (Triangle for PS3)!!!

ohmy.png

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

You have the choice to use the Elemental Shields ANYTIME YOU WANT by pressing Y (Triangle for PS3)

ohmy.png

Also, this game looks gorgeous, I never knew such crisp graphics can be achieved on 6 year old hardware (or maybe it's the PC version but the person is using a 360 controller, if that's the case then I'm a sad panda). Well done Sonic Team, but it BETTER look this good on my TV, m'kay! smile.png

EDIT: Double post...

It's definitely the PC version there. The console one doesn't support such high res.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, now I have a pretty good guess as to how you unlock Super Sonic. You get all 7 Chaos Emeralds (duh) to unlock the "Chaos Emeralds" upgrade in the shop (but it'll most likely be the most expensive item to purchase) and buy it to unlock Super Sonic. Then you equip it to either Sonic through the skill customization menu, go to a stage, collect 50 Rings, and press Y/Triangle to transform.

So I'm on the Facebook page, I see the screens, and man, I'm really excited to see how what they're doing with Silver will play... And then I see this comment on the stretchy animation still. The fact so many have "liked" it astounds me even further than the shortsightedness of the initial comment. Christ, people will moan about anything won't they?

SilverWTF.jpg

There is no desk left. My head obliterated it.

• Thumbs Up 9