Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

Rocks? ...Really...?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Yes I have been in to and also go even to more use like no and decide go do and runnin.

• Thumbs Up 2

jk86xe.jpg

start so waiting wanna heavens me challenge this somebody high keep a is highest will new all bran the of I in have going is fly for only me the the can fly believe I to for be I will me a so got I for myself reach everything higher gotta

Okay, I'm done now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Looks like 'Purple rocks' is gonna be another meme on this forum. :lol:

It's time to rock and roll!

At least I make myself laugh. ;_;

• Thumbs Up 3

start so waiting wanna heavens me challenge this somebody high keep a is highest will new all bran the of I in have going is fly for only me the the can fly believe I to for be I will me a so got I for myself reach everything higher gotta

Yes.

Looks like 'Purple rocks' is gonna be another meme on this forum. laugh.gif

Hahahano.jpeg

Forced memes are probably worse than cancer.

or, ya know, some kind of metaphorical equivalent.

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Forced memes are probably worse than cancer.

or, ya know, some kind of metaphorical equivalent.

Well, 99% of all memes are forced.
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nyan Cat is the other 1%.

If Nyan Cat is part of the other 1%, I think

deserves a whole new term.

The hypermeme - The result of careful nuclear fusion of two different yet perfectly compatible memes. In terms of human productivity, the results may be catastrophic.

Silly Dissident, memes never become good enough to surpass that of a empty meme.

Ehhh at least it's something new.

sorta

Yep! ^_^ They still say "Sega!" too.

Personally I think they should have used a different color palette for the Grind Rails, looks kinda out of place.

Originally posted on Sonic Retro a while ago, but I think it might fit in here just as well:

Now, I know I don`t post here much, I've become really more of a active reader than a active poster. But there is something, something I don't know if someone here had pointed that out yet. But Upon watching the Trailers and Gameplay footage, I noticed this little similarity.

Classic Sonic's Gameplay looks like it uses the Physics and Handling of Sonic from Sonic Colours! maybe thats what Ilzuka meant with "uses a different Physics Engine"? This thought struck my mind when I played a few stages of Colours again and came across the Spindash of the Spike Whisp. I saw in one of the Gameplay footages for Generations at least once that, when the Spindash is used, Sonic stops on the spot, he instantly loses all his momentum, he makes the spindash and off he goes. Just like in Sonic Colours with the Spike Whisp.

Now I will not lean myself out of the window here, it could aswell just be a similarity. But I cannot deny getting a Colours vibe from Classic Sonics gameplay. Which is not a bad thing in my book.

For example, in Sonic Colours, when you jump on a Badnik and hold the Jump Button, you actually can bounce pretty high just like in the oldy's (from one enemy to the next, then the next and so on). So, there really seems to be truth in the idea of "Sonic Colours being a beta test for something bigger". I dunno who said that, but it seems that he/she was correct.

Now I could be talking trash here, but I thought, write it down, maybe its something interesting afterall. =/

If its really trash though, just ignore it.

Additionally, I wanna say this again, I could be wrong, I´m sure we'll know more in regards to this when Sonic Boom and E3 come along.

But what are your thoughts guys, do you think this could be the case at all that Colours is kind of a "testing the waters" kind of deal in regards to Generations?

Edited by Tobibrocki

But what are your thoughts guys, do you think this could be the case at all that Colours is kind of a "testing the waters" kind of deal in regards to Generations?
Edited by Black Spy

Originally posted on Sonic Retro a while ago, but I think it might fit in here just as well:

Additionally, I wanna say this again, I could be wrong, I´m sure we'll know more in regards to this when Sonic Boom and E3 come along.

IMO, I think most Wii Sonic games are a test for something bigger. Examples:

Sonic and the Secret Rings was an upgrade to Sonic 06's Mach Speed sections, and you can also say that Sonic's gameplay in Secret rings was implemented and upgraded in Sonic Unleashed (the 3D sections).

Sonic Colours was obviously, an upgrade to Sonic Unleashed...also, with a different Physics Engine in play (I think it's called Nvidia Physx). This Physics Engine felt really tight to me and it really felt akin to the classics in the 2D sections...this is a high possibility that Colours was practice for Sonic Generations (hence, why there were a crapton of 2D sections).

So I think that quote is spot-on if you ask me.

Edited by KrazyBean14

IMO, I think most Wii Sonic games are a test for something bigger. Examples:

Sonic and the Secret Rings was an upgrade to Sonic 06's Mach Speed sections, and you can also say that Sonic's gameplay in Secret rings was implemented and upgraded in Sonic Unleashed (the 3D sections).

Sonic Colours was obviously, an upgrade to Sonic Unleashed...also, with a different Physics Engine in play (I think it's called Nvidia Physx). This Physics Engine felt really tight to me and it really felt akin to the classics in the 2D sections...this is a high possibility that Colours was practice for Sonic Generations.

So I think that quote is spot-on if you ask me.

And Sonic and the Black Knight would be...

A test to see if people still hated other characters?

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1