Awoo.

Gameplay Trailer for Sonic Generations

ChikaBoing

That's the real problem of making your game around SPEEDSPEEDSPEED and YOUGOTBOOSTPOWER; you have to resort to things like this or bottomless pits from nowhere like Sonic Rush to create some kind of difficulty on the player, since all the enemies are completely non-threating and the level layout itself is so simple and linear.

Here's an idea, get over it. It's a rock. Remember to jump over it next time. Life goes on.

Its the new debate! Rocks: grey or purple?

baaaaawwwwwww purple rocks!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Truth be told it looked like either some purple slime puddle or a graphical glitch to me when I first saw it.

I think what we've gotta remember though is that this footage so far is pretty low quality, seeing as it really should be seen in HD.

green eyes, purple rocks... >.> <.<

Yellow flowers *runs*

• Thumbs Up 4

Here's an idea, get over it. It's a rock. Remember to jump over it next time. Life goes on.

*standing ovation* That's the best thing I've heard all day!

• Thumbs Up 4

*standing ovation* That's the best thing I've heard all day!

I know, I've already written it down. :V

• Thumbs Up 7

"I'm gonna post a snarky response because I don't have any real argument here!"

The fuck?

Its a giant block of purple in an otherwise green environment. How can you NOT see it?

That's the real problem of making your game around SPEEDSPEEDSPEED and YOUGOTBOOSTPOWER; you have to resort to things like this or bottomless pits from nowhere like Sonic Rush to create some kind of difficulty on the player, since all the enemies are completely non-threating and the level layout itself is so simple and linear.

This isn't cheap bro. This a platform, you have to jump over. This is a platformer.

Are you seggesting replacing it with a higher wall that you have to jump higher to get past (like most other platforms). Are you saying that Generations shouldn't have any platforming, for it breaks up the flow seeing as you have the boost and you absolutely MUST use it all the time without thinking about where you are, and where your going?

Just because a game has a feature doesn't mean you're obligated to use it constantly.

I looked at the video and I saw no bottomless pits. Well at least not any "Cheap" ones.

Also, all 3D Sonic levels have been linear, because there is only one place you can actually go. Later levels in Unleashed (and undoubtedly this game as well), will have much more complex layouts.

Go and have a look at various runthroughs of Jungle Joyride, Scyscraper Scamper, and Eggmanland (all HD versions btw) and you'll realise just how complex some of the levels are.

There, I said it, that's all I got to say about this ludicrous "debate". Don't like it?

Nah, I'm.. pretty ok with this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, you're reading it right folks. We're actually arguing about purple shit. This is actually happening. Seriously. I am not kidding. Purple shit's in my Sonic Generations, fucking up my shit. Really. I'm dead serious.

....COME ON. This isn't game breaking, it's the same deal as when Unleashed had those ledges Sonic had to do a mini-jump over by tapping the A/X button at the prompt, or else he'd stumble, or something, possibly affecting your perfect speed run or something "terrible" like that. Sonic Colors had the same thing in its final level, but without the button prompt. And given how a majority of Modern Sonic's gameplay is reaction-based, I really don't see a problem with it. And as some members pointed out, stuff like that's been around since the Genesis games.

There, I said it, that's all I got to say about this ludicrous "debate". Don't like it?

I LOL

Got to be the best thing I read in a while...I laughed sir...I really did.

Okay... we're talking about purple rocks now? :huh:

Anyway has that alternate pathway grind rail

been mentioned yet?

been mentioned yet?

Dude, purple shit is very important. Gotta understand that, bro.

And... I think I saw what you meant. It sorta looks more like a tree of some kind instead of a rail, though.

Interesting observation anyway, dude!

been mentioned yet?

Yeah, I spotted that too! :D

@ 1:58 did you REALLY see that big purple thing and immediately know to jump over it your first time watching the video? You're going down a slope and then less than a second later you just tripped over yourself.

Edited by BlueBlurAustria

Rocks? ...Really...?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I spotted that too! :D

There looks like there is a spring on a palm tree that allows you to access that rail. Not sure though.

Rocks? ...Really...?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Has anyone...done the... huh?

• Thumbs Up 4

Rocks? ...Really...?

271.jpg

I tried to understand it. But I failed.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rocks? ...Really...?

Man, When I read this, I think of Mush Mouth from Fat Albert. Thank you, sir or madam. Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

I, Attitude "DQ" Adjustment, love…rocks!

That's right. I love rocks. I love short ones. I love long ones. I love light ones. I love dark ones. I love smooth ones. Hell, I'll even polish rough ones. [/DX-impersonates-the-McMahons reference]

Seriously, green rocks, purple rocks, gray rocks, red rocks, molten rocks, "Ivan-Ooze" rocks, "Queen" rocks, "wrong-I-am-your-father" rocks. Who gives a damn?!

Edited by Attitude Adjustment
  • Thumbs Up 2

I, Attitude "DQ" Adjustment, love…rocks!

That's right. I love rocks. I love short ones. I love long ones. I love light ones. I love dark ones. I love smooth ones. Hell, I'll even polish rough ones. [/DX-impersonates-the-McMahons reference]

Seriously, green rocks, purple rocks, gray rocks, red rocks, molten rocks, "Ivan-Ooze" rocks, "Queen" rocks, "wrong-I-am-your-father" rocks. Who gives a damn?!

Ladies love..... MY rocks. ;) Do you love.... MY rocks?

....I hope so, 'cause I drew them all by myself :D

385_My_Rocks.jpg

My rocks are awesome.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 4

rocky.jpeg

Do I need to sock you guys in the face?

(the original translation read: boo eyb meeb do shok byew guz inba feysh?)

• Thumbs Up 1