Awoo.

We Dare

Badnik Mechanic

Looks like there's no way to get UK copies anymore. The final 3 retailers aren't taking orders and 2 of them have oddly changed their release dates, instead of outright removing the game.

GameSeek has upped the price of both versions and now says the game is out March 18th 2011:

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/NintendoWii4046aqn21/We_Dare

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/PS312n7cav1jqv/We_Dare

CDWow now says the game is out May 20th 2011:

http://www.cdwow.com/games/we-dare-wii/dp/20975353#bc=576b

http://www.cdwow.com/games/we-dare-playstation-3/dp/20975351#bc=fbda

365games is still out of stock of the Wii version and is still only taking pre-orders for the PS3 version despite todays release date being there:

http://www.365games.co.uk/wii-games/we-dare

http://www.365games.co.uk/ps3-games/playstation-move-we-dare

So, yeah, me, Hogfather and Swiss have super rare UK copies of the craziest and kinkiest game to be released ever :lol:

That sounds slightly awkward, Shadz. :lol:

I'm still definitely not opening it. x)

EDIT: I'm just thinking, us 3 must be some of the only people in the UK to have bought this...thing. Is that good or bad?

That's good, because we haz rare sex game :P

Oh I don't believe this...

lol according to PS3 trophies.org.

Someone who has the Spanish version is saying that you cannot get the platinum trophy for the game unless you have 2 move sticks... lol reasoon being is that one trophy needs 2 move sticks in order to unlock...

Looks like I'll be stuck at 97%.... grrr

Buy them and eBay them to make a tidy profit? :D

That sucks you can't get the Platinum Trophy without buying another Move controller, Hogfather.

We have it at our store, only a few of each platform.

On the shelf for sale, or do you just mean in the store room ready to send back to Ubisoft?

Shadzter, Hogfather, I hope you're using condoms Wii Remote jackets with this game (does the PS Move even have an equivalent?).

That said, with the nature of the game, the former might not be too inappropriate a recommendation after all... :lol:

Shadzter, Hogfather, I hope you're using condoms Wii Remote jackets with this game (does the PS Move even have an equivalent?).

That said, with the nature of the game, the former might not be too inappropriate a recommendation after all... :lol:

It does. They're made by 4Gamers and officially licensed. They come in red, blue and charcoal flavours :lol:

350865ps_500h.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/PlayStation-3/Controllers-and-Accessories/PlayStation-Move-Controller-Navigation-Silicone-Jackets-Wrist-Strap-Double-Pack-Red/~r350865/?s=playstation+move+jackets

http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/PlayStation-3/Controllers-and-Accessories/PlayStation-Move-Controller-Navigation-Silicone-Jackets-Wrist-Strap-Double-Pack-Blue/~r350864/?s=playstation+move+jackets

http://www.game.co.uk/Accessories/PlayStation-3/Controllers-and-Accessories/PlayStation-Move-Controller-Navigation-Silicone-Jackets-Wrist-Strap-Double-Pack-Charcoal/~r350863/?s=playstation+move+jackets

My wife's going to play the game after work tomorrow, so I'll let you know what she thinks of it and if we come across some more funny mini games :P

'Flavours', indeed?

Do they make ribbed and glow-in-the-dark versions, too? :lol:

Also, I'm sure it's been said before, but I sincerely hope none of the mini-games require any kind of insertion of the Wii Remote/ Move controller. D: D:

• Thumbs Up 2

farmhousemedia3000 has posted up some gameplay footage and first impressions of the Wii version on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0mhevGvlSg&feature=feedu

He plays it on 2 player, but he's actually playing by himself. Anyone who can't tell, he's faking the womans voice :P

Unfortunately, he doesn't try out any of the risque games he's talking about though. The 'Adventurous' category doesn't really contain any of those.

I still find it quite crazy at how fast this has all happened.

A month ago, nobody even knew the game existed, and now it's out already? Well... out/banned. Whatever. :lol:

Im I the only person who's suprised that it hasn't been called "Wii Dare" on the Wii version? :o :o :o

• Thumbs Up 1

I ordered a copy of this game for the Wii from CoolShop on Thursday and was despatched the same day, and got it this morning.

The case looks the same as Shadzter's one from what I can tell (and it has the parental discretion sticker on it) but the colour on the bottom of the spine is a light green, compared to the dark green of the all the UK games I have. What colour is on yours Shadzter?

I just have a funny feeling, because CoolShop is Danish, the copy might just be from another English country which would mean it isn't a rare UK copy, which would be a bit annoying as that's one reason I wanted to buy it!

I did order a copy from Gameseek too as a back-up, but I have no idea if they're ever going to send that!

Just had a play on the game with my wife and got to play most of the games, including many of the interactive ones, such as the apple eating one and the flying one. Like in the trailer, the apple eating one has you put the remote between your faces and one of you presses the A button 3 times and the person on the other side presses the B button 3 times. The flying one, like in the trailer has your partner tuck the controller in their back pocket (or if they lack one, down their trousers/dress, but game says back pocket) then they lie down on your lap and you hold them either side and swing them left and right to steer them through the hoops. Not mentioned in the game's instructions is that you can spank them (like in the trailer) to perform a boost :lol:

There's also a game where you ride a bull, where you hold the controller against your chest and lean forward and back to stay on the bull until the time is up. Another game sees your avatars caught cheating. The game starts where some guy arrives home, a commotion starts in the apartment and your avatars run out and start to climb down the building. You put the controller in your back pocket and crouch up and down to climb down. When you see the angry guy open a window, then you have to keep still while your avatars hide in the leaves. Rinse and repeat until you make it down. If you're caught, then the angry guy throws something at you and you fall to the floor.

About half of the 40 games seem to be dancing games and so things get very repetitive, boring and physically draining, especially if you set up a 60 minute game, rather than a 45 or 30 minute one. Ubisoft may as well have called this Just Dance & Dare.

There are a couple of games that use the balance board, including the stripping game shown in the trailer, which the instruction manual says has you weigh yourself and then you have to step off and lose as much weight as possible and then get back on the board. We've not tried the balance board games ourselves, but we're playing again tomorrow when we're having some drinks, so I'll let you know how we get on with those and if the whole game is more fun with booze :lol:

So far, the game seems fun, but gets pretty repetitive and dull when too many dance games pop up, but once you learn the titles of each game in every category, you can can avoid those in your 3 game options every round if you wish.

I ordered a copy of this game for the Wii from CoolShop on Thursday and was despatched the same day, and got it this morning.

The case looks the same as Shadzter's one from what I can tell (and it has the parental discretion sticker on it) but the colour on the bottom of the spine is a light green, compared to the dark green of the all the UK games I have. What colour is on yours Shadzter?

I just have a funny feeling, because CoolShop is Danish, the copy might just be from another English country which would mean it isn't a rare UK copy, which would be a bit annoying as that's one reason I wanted to buy it!

I did order a copy from Gameseek too as a back-up, but I have no idea if they're ever going to send that!

I doubt anyone will really buy this, except drunk students.

Do not let ignorance lead you, my friend. A nice number of individuals will invest into this game, more then you would think.

The green triangle on mine does look a bit darker, but after having a look through my DS games and my other Wii games (all UK copies), some of those have darker green triangles than others, so don't worry about it not being a UK copy. Also, it seems the UK and Australian versions are the only English speaking versions. The back cover of the PS3 version says the game and manual are in English only and while the Wii version back cover doesn't say that, the same is true in the game and the manual, so I expect other EU copies are restricted to their individual languages, too.

The thing is, my Wii version does say "GAME AND MANUAL IN ENGLISH" on the back, where on your copy from what I can see (your photos aren't the best of quality, no offense of course) in it's place on yours, it has the "askaboutgames.com" web address, which my other Ubisoft game I'm looking at right now (Rabbids Go Home) also has, and that is a UK copy, because it has the dark green triange on the side. I have a feeling that the copy that Hogfather got, also from Coolshop, is also a copy from another English country, and not actually a UK copy. So I'm guessing that the UK and Australia can't be the only English copies. It also could mean that Coolshop might actually get more stock in, which is good if people in the UK still want copies, even if it isn't the UK copy.

Also, I suspect from what I've seen in the past, all of the discs for this game in the EU will be identical (which is why there are various age ratings on the disc from a photo I've seen) so it should contain all the languages available (which, on the Wii, you have to change through the settings). Even if the faces of the disc look different in other countries, which as the title changes they might need to, the data should still be the same. The manuals and the case will obviously be in whatever language they need to be, although I've seen/got games that are for distribution in all of Europe, although a UK version does exist, for example Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust; my copy is for Xbox 360 (yes, I'm sad enough to own that).

EDIT: Just tried Rabbids Go Home with my Wii set to German, and the game did change to German, so my assumption seems to be right.

Just to note, I haven't opened my copy yet because I've still got GameSeek's copy on order (if they actually have any) also also ordered a copy from eBitsi (if they actually have any either, but it does say in stock on their site). If I do get the other copies, I'm not keeping them by the way! I'll either return them or sell them if I can't do that.

Can I ask about some things it would be nice to know from your copy of the game that I can't see on your photos? First, what address is underneath where it says "www.wedaregame.com" on yours? On mine it's an address in France, while on Rabbids Go Home, it's a UK address. Second, what do the two codes say to the right of the Dolby Pro Logic II logo? On mine, the second one down reads "RVL-SLVP-SCN" while the one on Rabbids Go Home reads "RVL-RGWP-UKV" (notice the end refers to the UK on Rabbids Go Home).

Sorry if I've gone on too much about all this, I'm just pretty curious about this game and the copies that seem to exist!

Also something I noticed on the French cover, the fluffy handcuffs have been replaced by a yellow toy duck! There is also a purple toy duck on other copies too underneath the chair, while there isn't on this one. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is? Also notice the bit about cupid at the top, which I've also seen on another version of the cover too (I think it was the Spanish version).

http://i56.tinypic.com/34i3i2b.jpg

Edited by zoton2

Hmm... interesting. The pics were taken on my DSi, sorry. Here's some pics taken on my mobile phone camera for GoNintendo the other day, which are better quality than my DSi, though still not great. I'll try to take some pics with my wife's digital camera tomorrow if you need them.

24yqomh.jpg

2evfc6h.jpg

23tehl.jpg

The address underneath the web address on my copy is a UK address

Ubisoft,

Chertsey Gate East,

London Street,

Chertsey,

Surrey,

United Kingdom,

KT16 8AP

The codes next to the Dolby Pro Logic II logo are

RVL P SLVP

RVL-SLVP-UKV

So, yeah, it looks like the CoolShop copies aren't actually UK copies :( They say they're a Danish retailer, but based in the UK, so I though they would sell UK copies, but I guess they must import Danish versions, and that's why they sell their games a bit cheaper than most. Damn >_<

Damn, I've just checked mine and it's also a French address. I knew this was a bad idea. :lol:

I'll keep it sealed anyway, I might just try and sell it now and make a tenner profit or something...

The CoolShop copies aren't (now rare) UK copies?

Wow am I ever glad that I didn't end up buying from them. Or at all, for that matter.

Hmm... just had a look at my copy (PS3) and it looks like it might be a Danish version... Ah buggery I was hoping to market it as a UK copy... well not that it'll make much difference anyway for re-sale at a later date.

The only difference I can identify between a UK Ubisoft game and a Continental Ubisoft game is the address on the back, however the only other Ubisoft game I have is Hawx and thats going back a number of years.

But in terms of having the game for the sake of resale, it would be an insanely picky bitty collector who wouldn't want the game due to a postal address on the back. Fact is, we've got games in the UK that, lol we really shouldn't have, and a lot of UK people, especially the trophy hunters WILL want them.

Put it like this, if everything is in English, it has the UK Pegi logos and the only difference we can see is that address, nobody will really care.

Edited by Hogfather

Sorry for ruining this for everyone! :lol:

I felt like I was right. Still, trying to find a copy just like the ones from Coolshop is probably still difficult right now, so I'd say they're are still worth something, especially as you could flog them as UK copies and I doubt many people would know the difference! From lots of internet searching, someone says (on Gamecube games, but I doubt it's different on the Wii) that light green triangled games can have codes DOL-XXXX-SCN or sometimes DOL-XXXX-SWE. That may indicate this could be a Swedish copy? Sweden seems to be a Nordic country, and apparently Nordic countries use English games too.

Still, I'll wait and see if any other copies of mine arrive and if not, I'll just keep my one and use that. I see people still have PS3 versions listed on eBay while all of the Wii versions have gone ("ended by the seller because the item is no longer available" on all of the Wii versions) so they might still have UK copies on there. Also, as there aren't any Wii copies on eBay, if you wanted to sell your Coolshop copy, you'd probably still get a good price for it.

I'd keep it if I were you, but if you don't want it anymore then I think Coolshop accept returns if you want to get a refund. They don't seem to charge you for sending it back either.

I've noticed something else about the case. When they had to put that sticker on it (which seems to have been done pretty late; it's a literal sticker on the cellophane) the promotional art with the sticker says "Parental guidance advised" while the actual one says "Parental discretion advised". Curiously, I wonder if all countries are using that sticker, or if it's just English speaking ones?

EDIT: I definately think the Coolshop copies are Swedish now, as from random searching I found this on Wikipedia for Stadium Events on the NES: "the Swedish release can be identified by its SCN-coded yellow manual and SCN code on the cartridge back-label"

That makes me wonder if We Dare's manual in the Coolshop copies is any different from the UK ones. I would look but I don't want to unseal mine yet! Also, that makes me wonder about the disc as well, but I'll assume it's the same.

EDIT2: Something else that shows you I've got too much time on my hands is that I noticed the barcode is different on my copy than it is on the UK one.

Edited by zoton2

There are 2 UK sellers on Amazon attempting to cash in on the PS3 version. Both are selling new copies at about double the normal price at £39.49, but GameForce wants £1.99 for delivery, while zb_games wants £2.03. It's unclear whether or not they're UK copies though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B004QRM2SG/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1300145515&sr=8-1&condition=new