Awoo.

We Dare

Badnik Mechanic

I ordered copies of this from both eBitsi and Gameseek a while ago, I think I mentioned before, and eBitsi cancelled my order a few days ago, but Gameseek shipped my order yesterday! Their website even shows that they've got quite a few in stock. If these are UK copies I have no idea until I get mine. But at the time it took them, I bet they aren't.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/NintendoWii4046aqn21/We_Dare

• 2 weeks later...

Consenting Adults Play We Dare

When Lifestyle Meets Real Life.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/we-dare-video-special

Hilarious. I've got to say, I've never played a session that looks like the Ubisoft trailer :lol:

I ordered copies of this from both eBitsi and Gameseek a while ago, I think I mentioned before, and eBitsi cancelled my order a few days ago, but Gameseek shipped my order yesterday! Their website even shows that they've got quite a few in stock. If these are UK copies I have no idea until I get mine. But at the time it took them, I bet they aren't.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/NintendoWii4046aqn21/We_Dare

Did your GameSeek copy get delivered? Was it a UK version?

• 2 weeks later...
Did your GameSeek copy get delivered? Was it a UK version?

Sorry for the late reply! Yeah it got delivered but it was the same as the other version I have unfortunately. <_<

So now I've got 2 copies of this game sitting around. I bet no one else can say that!

Outch... 3/10... thats a bad score... mind you, 3/10 is also the number of times the game has crashed when I've tried to start it up.

• 2 months later...

The game's still causing controversy

Australian Classification Board Revisits We Dare Rating

June 16, 2011

WeDare.jpg

The Australian Classification Board said this week that it will rethink the current PG (Parental Guidance) rating for Ubisoft's We Dare, a game which received heavy criticism earlier this year for its adult content and sexually suggestive mini-games. The review will be carried out on June 17 and will be conducted by the Classification Review Board. The re-review is the result of a formal complaint filed by Federal Minister for Home Affairs Brendan O'Connor. Chances are it will result in a higher rating for the title.

In March the board took some heat from the public over its decision to give the Ubisoft-published adult party game for the Wii a PG rating for "mild sexual references." A number of early media reports blamed the board for inappropriately rating the game, because of the trailer, which showed two couples engaged in some saucy and suggestive situations inspired by the game's mini-games.

In Australia, the Classification Board of Australia rated We Dare PG, ignoring Ubisoft's recommendation that they give the game an M rating. When the publisher says its game needs an "M" rating, it seems wise to heed such advice.

O'Connor tells GameSpot that media reports about the game led him to contact the Classification Board about We Dare:

"I asked the Classification Board to review We Dare following media reports that the game's PG rating may be inappropriate. I believe that this game is unsuitable for children and I look forward to the outcome of the Classification Board's review of its PG rating. I share the concern of many parents that children may be inadvertently playing games that are more suited to adult gamers."

Source: GameSpot by way of Andrew Eisen.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/06/16/australian-classification-board-revisits-we-dare-rating

• 2 years later...

It's been in my collection for 2 years... I have played it for about 5 min and experienced three crashes... I have 0% trophy score on it.

Then last weekend SSMB member Lucky came over, and when I asked if she wanted to play any games, as a bit of a joke she asked 'Can I play We Dare?' Well, as we played Demons Souls, I had my move stick plugged in on charge. And sure enough we played half an hour of We Dare.

What did we think?

.... ... .. ...... ..... This is the most fun I have had with a game in years!

No really! This game was so much fun and I really want to play it again!

First of all, forget that trailer, you know the 'swingers one' like with Tomb Raiders marketting and several other games which marketted their games one way only for the actual message/sense in the game to be better/stronger than the PR. The trailer is bullshit.

There is nothing like that in there at all.

The game is terrible, lets be fair, it's graphically ugly, the minigames are crap, the music is terrible, the annimations are god awful, the move controls don't work, and it's just... really bad.

But wait, you just said you found it fun?

You're right I did! And it is... if you have someone else to play with. And before you think Ohhhh Matron or something. No not like that... let me explain.

As we started, we started to comment on it, and how stupid it was, it was little things at first like 'how is this movement right!?' when I would do something and the game rewards me with hundreds of points. To things like how one of the characters was supposed to look flirty and we noticed he only had one eye brow.

Now, most of the mini games were dancing games, in fact at one point we did this one mini game where we had to dance to 'Dirty Dancing' and I scored barely any points, then the next game was the exact same one and Lucky took the controller, did almost the same things I did yet scored virtually thousands of points. This made us howl with laughter at how random and broke the game was.

So bad it's good has never been more appropriate, in this case it was hillarious, we just couldn't stop laughing at it. It was like, the game knew it was always going to be terrible, so it didn't even try to hide it, it just decided "I'm going to be bad, but I'm going to do it in a funny way,"

Even the 'trivia' in the loading screens, it just became so stupid and random we were both laughing at it. Theres even a Catherine style 'questions' bit where you have to pick an answer which does absolutely nothing other than waste time. And we had a laugh at these too, like "Whats more important, reason or desire" so I yelled out "IN WHAT CONTEXT! Come on game! Like 'I desire chocolate' or 'I want to kill a guy!? Give me something here!?"

Theres nothing really rude at all in this game, I know the 'apple' minigame is in here somewhere, only it never popped up when we played it and there wasn't that spanking one either. Though I think we would have worked around the more 'owww errr' kind of games had they popped up.

It's just annoying that you can't pick what games you want to play and it's over loaded with dancing games.

If you've got someone whose into games and idealy if they're a partner and you fancy having a laugh, good god get this game! It's absolutely terrible and full of issues. But if you have someone to play it with... my god it's hilarious. Don't play it alone as you'll be bored, find someone, idealy someone you're in a relationship and play it, it's not rude or kinky or anything like that notorious trailer made it out to be, but good god it's so funny when you both realise just how stupid it is.

• Thumbs Up 1