Awoo.

We Dare

Badnik Mechanic

This game will "absolutely not see release in the United States", more game details

Saucy PS3 and Wii party game We Dare will not be available in America, publisher Ubisoft has confirmed.

A spokesperson for the publisher told IGN that the party game, which sees you spanking your chums, snogging the controller and stripping down to your undies, will "absolutely not see release in the United States".

No further explanation was offered, though a glimpse at the rather extraordinary trailer, which has now been region-restricted to Europe on YouTube, might offer a few clues.

Ubisoft is taking an unusual approach with this one. No formal press release has been issued announcing the game's arrival, and so far our interview requests have fallen on deaf ears.

However, an Amazon product description throws up a little more information.

"Use the Wii-mote and PS3 Move controller in unbelievable ways, as you've never imagined before... wave it around to the beat of your favourite tunes, old and new... put it in your pocket and act-out flirtatious actions..." reads the listing.

"Sometimes co-operative hugging helps, and it certainly doesn't hurt.

"And there's more! You can also use your Wii Balance Board for additional gameplay based on pure body mass... are you the lightest one in the group? Perhaps shedding some clothes will even the playing field... it'll definitely make the party more interesting!"

It's probably worth noting at this point that the game has a 12 and over PEGI rating.

35 "fun and flirtatious" mini-games are promised, for up to four players on Wii or two on PlayStation 3.

According to the Amazon listing, you'll be able to pick it up on 11th March.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-25-is-we-dare-too-raunchy-for-america

You know what the funniest thing would be? If the mini-games themselves were actually well-thought out and perfectly executed. On second thoughts, I can't even imagine that happening.

But would that make the game sell? Pffft, hell no.

"And there's more! You can also use your Wii Balance Board for additional gameplay based on pure body mass... are you the lightest one in the group? Perhaps shedding some clothes will even the playing field... it'll definitely make the party more interesting!"

Again... Rated 12.

I think this is the first time I've actually been offended by an age rating.

Rated 12 =/= for 12 year olds.

It just means that within the game, there is nothing that would put people on legal issues if a 12 year old played it. I doubt we'll be seeing little kids all up in GameStop going "Hey mommy! I want the one with the sexy chair on it!"

Most kids are more than likely not even going to notice this. Or buy it and then take it back within five minutes of play.

Still insane but correct rating.

Wow, really? Offended? How?

...this... thing... should not be available to minors.

I hate to repeat myself, but this.

@Velo:

thinkofthechildren.png

More on topic, I really have to wonder why Ubisoft decided that Europe was perverted enough to want to buy this game but America wasn't. I wouldn't be suprised if they decided that it was going toi be 'Europe Only' from the start. Great reputation you're trying to give us, guys. Drunken antics aren't just endemic in the UK, you know.

Edited by Gerkuman

Oh bloody hell, I am acting like Helen Lovejoy.

Thanks We Dare, you made me look like a whiny gossipy bitch.

• Thumbs Up 1

A RAUNCHY game for the Nintendo Wii has outraged parents who say it promotes orgies and lesbian sex to kids as young as 12.

The video trailer promoting We Dare features two couples following on-screen instructions from the console.

Raunchy ... new game We Dare

Raunchy ... new game We Dare

The girls are seen with the Wii remote dangling suggestively between their lips.

They make out lesbian sex is wrong. Why can't they just say "promotes orgies and sex to kids" (even though it's promoting to adults, not kids)? Why does the lesbian part have to come in? Is lesbian sex wrong? I didn't realise two women kissing a Wii Remote meant lesbian sex. Even if they were kissing properly, it wouldn't mean they were having sex. I wouldn't want my daughter having sex that young, but there's no need to make out lesbian sex is a bad thing.

Anyway, this game is obviously intended for adults. As Galaxy Man said, the PEGI rating just means there is nothing in the game itself that is inappropriate/harmful to people aged 12+.

EDIT: Fixed to "As Galaxy Man said".

As Galaxy Man said

Fixed. I like being credited where it's due, but I was too busy raging about the rating like everyone else to see common sense. :P

Nevertheless, the obvious mismatch between the PEGI rating and the marketing for the product highlights a limitation of the rating system: it's not very helpful when you're trying to market to an older audience than the product could be legally sold to.

Perhaps developers/publishers should be able to request a higher rating than would normally be given for the product if they're specifically trying to market for an older audience.

Truth is a video game doesn't make a child do anything (i. e. Grand Theft Auto causes gun violence) if the child KNOWS better. That is on parent's account to teach their children right from wrong. Parents should teach their children about sex in general so parents don't make outlandish statements like "This game promotes lesbian sex and orgies!!!", and because they should just KNOW. Teaching them about it doesn't make them get all happy in the pants and decide to go and fool around with everything out there, inversely it prevents that.

Annnnnd, I'll stop here because this ain't "Chit-Chat". :P But we all know this right?

But still, this game is OBVIOUSLY for adults. Why even make it available to minors? I mean, it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen...

My wife has just said she wants to get the game. I don't know whether to be happy, scared or ashamed :lol:

My wife has just said she wants to get the game. I don't know whether to be happy, scared or ashamed :lol:

TSS review more or less confirmed then.

As I said in the status comments:

Be happy for now. Then you can be scared when playing the game. And then ashamed after playing it.

You should feel glad you have such a fucking awesome wife.

Talk about a no-brainer question! XD

• Thumbs Up 3

Apparently the Daily Mail has joined in the ruckus, as reported by Joystiq.

Article here.

I still wonder why Ubisoft had the sense to refrain Americans from seeing it, but didn't realise that the UK would be pretty much just as bad.