Awoo.

We Dare

Badnik Mechanic

I can understand not releasing the game here, what with all our conservative news shows and soccer moms who would probably have a field day with it, but region-locking the videos of it is just stupid. It's probably not even going to stop backlash. We'll still have ways to access them, and they're still going to end up on the news at some point or another.

I don't really care either way since this isn't something I'd buy, but really?

Perhaps developers/publishers should be able to request a higher rating than would normally be given for the product if they're specifically trying to market for an older audience.

A 16+ rating would be ideal for Europe.

Still wouldn't fly in the US though.

51yTtThi9fL._AA1080_.jpg

That guy on the right is just slightly too eager looking for it not to be creepy.

the other everyone else look like they're stoned the fuck out. more like weed dare.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, I just had a thought here.

Is the game automatically going to assume all players are straight, or will you be able to set it up with same-sex couples as well (possibly a moot point since I vaguely remember people mentioning girl-on-girl stuff)?

And don't worry Glenn, I'm not thinking of buying this. :lol:

Not being funny, but I think it's a reasonable assumption to make considering if it wasn't the global population would likely be in rapid decline. :PPP

Put another way, I'm not sure it's really relevant in a title absolutely not meant to be taken seriously.

Or maybe I should just shut up before I put my foot further up my mouth. n_n

Still posting this as evidence that I can be really thick sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, who are their intended audience supposed to be? The only people I see buying this are bored college/university students taking the mickey, or 12 year olds thinking they're grown up/funny buying a game about foreplay =/ You don't need to shell out £20 on a video game version of truth or dare.

I wish Ubisoft would spend some money developing 'good', well thought out games again :mellow:

Wow, a 12+ rated sexy game only released in Europe? Ubisoft, what's going on?! You have games such as Assassin's Creed and Raving Rabbids, and you make THIS? A game for drunk university/college students? I cannot unsee the trailer! >__<

Can't wait to see the reviews for this one!

Wow, a 12+ rated sexy game only released in Europe? Ubisoft, what's going on?! You have games such as Assassin's Creed and Raving Rabbids, and you make THIS? A game for drunk university/college students? I cannot unsee the trailer! >__<

Can't wait to see the reviews for this one!

IGN - 9.0

"We got one of the hot chicks who does the video reviews to play it with us. Good times."

ONM - 1.0

"Nobody would play this with me."

• Thumbs Up 6

And the game won't even be released in the UK now!!!!!

Games publisher Ubisoft says that We Dare, the "sexy" computer game in which players are encouraged to act out a "flirty striptease", will not be released in the UK. We Dare caused controversy with its advertising campaign, which showed images of couples spanking and stripping in front of the game, and when it was awarded a 12+ certificate.

A spokesperson for, Ubisoft, said: "Following the public reaction to the 12+ rating of We Dare, Ubisoft has made the decision not to sell the game in the United Kingdom."

Senior politicians called for the game to be kept off UK shelves over its sexual content. The outcry came in response to We Dare's racy marketing campaign, which described the game as a ‘sexy, quirky, party game that offers a large variety of hilarious, innovative and physical, sometimes kinky, challenges‘. In the advert for the game, characters are seen putting the Nintendo Wii controllers into the back of their trousers and then spanking each other. The game’s advertising tag line is ‘The more friends you invite to party, the spicier the play!"

The UK is the second market from which Ubisoft has withdrawn We Dare. Last week, video games website IGN reported that the publisher had decided not to release the game in the United States. The game is still planned for release in Europe.

Awwwwww alot of British 12 year old kids are upset while the mums are praising the lord that this game isn't being released in the UK at all :P Oh well at least we have We Draw.....I know it's not the same ;_;

But we here in the UK are propper horny buggers! We need this game! Poor Shadz, whats he going to do now?

Edit: lol now theres no way I can get that spanking trophy XD

Edited by Hogfather

But we here in the UK are propper horny buggers! We need this game! Poor Shadz, whats he going to do now?

Edit: lol now theres no way I can get that spanking trophy XD

It won't be hard to import. :lol:

It's still PAL territory, so an EU version will run on UK consoles anyway.

Just told my wife and she's pretty disappointed. :P Looked like it could have been pretty fun with a few drinks.

Oh well, we can always import the Wii version from other EU countries if the game still has an English language option. Also, the PS3 version's multi-region, but I don't have any PS Move controllers yet.

They were moaning about this on some talk show the other day, they didn't like that it's a 12+. They don't seem to understand how age ratings work. It just means a 12 year old COULD play it, that's the basic level of knowledge and understanding needed to play. But that doesn't mean it's APPROPRIATE for a 12 year old. Ratings are there to give an idea, parent/guardians need to be aware of what their kids buy, if you're unsure then ask someone in the shop and it's their job to explain the content of the game to you and help you decide.

Also, if people get pissy over it then it might be re-rated. It's happened before. The most recent one I remember was Rabbids Go Home being re-rated on release from a 7 to 12. PEGI again.

I always find PEGI ratings a bit all over the place. BBFC ratings tend to make sense more.

ANYWAY

I can't watch the video, says it's private T_T

Edited by Mollfie

You know, it just occurred to me... I wonder how many children will be conceived because of this game?

In that sense, I wonder how many potential UK and US babies they've prevented from being born by not releasing the game in those territories? ohmy.gif

think_of_the_children.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone else think that the real reason why Ubisoft cancelled the game in the UK is because ever UK gamer was more or less taking the piss out of it?

• Thumbs Up 2

Public Rage: 1

Companies Who Should Know Better: 674893275489367589