Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

INTRODUCING THE NEW MODEL OF THE PS V....WAIT IT'S A CHINESE FAKE

droid-x360-1.jpg

Wow barely a year out and fakes are already flying around China and that name really sucks I mean really ? Droid X360!? XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Vita casing for tablet hardware, running Android OS, plays N64 and below ROMs (preinstalled, totally legit guys) and it's named X360.

Now Chintendo will have to step their game up with the ViiU launch this Fall to stay competitive. They should buy timed exclusivity on the fan-favorite brazilian coop ARPG series, Monster Huenter.

• Thumbs Up 6

Is it sad that that thing will probably have better emulation on Sony games then the Vita?

Is it sad that that thing will probably have better emulation on Sony games then the Vita?

How do you figure that one?

How do you figure that one?

Well it's already doing PS1 games, so it will probably do PSP games as well, though I don't know how well the PSP games run compared to the originals on the PSP, PS1 support we'll have to wait and see. Though if Sony did PS2 emulation (I know unlikely) they'd blow this cheap knock-off and others out of the park in terms of emulation.

Speaking of which, nearing August and still no news about PS1 classics on Vita. I hope we hear something this week, there's supposedly a major update this month, but nobody knows if they're adding the support in that update. Probably though.

I just want some Crash and MGS on my Vita.

• 3 weeks later...

double post

It begins

Sony engineers working on PS Vita "cost reduction" for post-2012 Price Cuts

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer at Gamescom this week that the price of Vita will not drop this year. Instead, it hopes prospective buyers will find new bundles, such as the LittleBigPlanet Vita bundle announced during Sony's Gamescom press conference earlier this week, good enough value to convince them to take the plunge.

"People like cheap or free," he said. "Of course, cost reduction is one area our engineering team is working on. But we just launched the platform earlier this year. It takes time to do so.

"At a certain point in the future we would like to address the pricing issue for some of the people who are waiting. But this year we are trying to add value by creating different types of bundles. We announced we will provide LittleBigPlanet PS Vita bundle pack. That's affordable for people who are looking for a good deal."

So, no price cut this year? "No," Yoshida replied. "It's too early."

Another criticism Vita has endured is that there are not enough games available for it. Yoshida said Sony had noticed this perception, and the addition of new games and content was now its number one priority.

"The reaction to the hardware platform itself has been very strong," he said. "We are very pleased with the response we got. It's up to our expectations in terms of what we were hoping for in bringing PS Vita to the market.

"But the actual sales of PS Vita, obviously we would like to see more uptake. We see lots of feedback from consumers saying they would like to see more content, they would like to see their favourite franchises coming to the PS Vita.

"From our perspective, we were very pleased to launch with many titles. Many people said we had the strongest launch line-up for a PlayStation platform. But it's amazing how much more people want and how much content they consume.

"We designed PS Vita as a medium you can spend hours immersed into playing games. That means any amount of content can be potentially consumed pretty quickly. Also, we feel the expectations of people have changed since the launch of smartphone gaming. There is so much available in terms of variety and numbers.

"So we have to continue to work on bringing more content from big titles people are looking for in terms of franchises, to very small, snack-sized, intuitive casual games on the digital distribution side."

I'll enjoy those 10 free PS1 games and 10 free PSP games next year.

You know, I would happily buy a Vita at it's current cost if I didn't have to jump through a million DRM-related hoops just to use the fucking thing. Lowering the cost... isn't going to change my opinion on that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more than happy with my current PSP; at least for now, i don't need the Vita.

The only game that so far raised my attention was Gravity Rush, but i need more to be convinced.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more than happy with my current PSP; at least for now, i don't need the Vita.

The only game that so far raised my attention was Gravity Rush, but i need more to be convinced.

I honestly just want a Vita... but nothing game-wise on it catches my interest, so I'm currently in no hurry

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, since this piece of shit sells like shit, the only game for this piece of shit I'm interested in probably won't get localized.

Shit.

Well, since this piece of shit sells like shit, the only game for this piece of shit I'm interested in probably won't get localized.

Shit.

Inb4ProjectDivawon'tgetlocalized

Sony engineers working on PS Vita "cost reduction" for post-2012 Price Cuts

SHOCKING NEWS: Electronics hardware to get cost-effective internal and/or external revisions plus price cuts as time passes.

Truly a novel and unprecedented practice in the business.

You know, I would happily buy a Vita at it's current cost if I didn't have to jump through a million DRM-related hoops just to use the fucking thing. Lowering the cost... isn't going to change my opinion on that.

DRM wut? Elaborate on this.

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh? What DRM? I've had one since launch and I've not had to go through any DRM.

I take it you've never connected yours to a computer, then?

Nope. Not really got any need to myself. What happens? Why does it cause DRM problems?

I did, several times. You install a program for the system to interact with and copy files around, what's the problem?

The only complaint I have is that you cannot properly sort file browsing yet, but that's a hassle, not a DRM block.

Nope. Not really got any need to myself. What happens? Why does it cause DRM problems?

You install a program for the system to interact with and copy files around

That'd be it right there. I'm not going to spend $200+ on a handheld and have it tell me that I can't even copy music to it without running it through Sony's software because they are a bunch of paranoid assholes.

TO be fair, the PSVita allows you to download games and use them on 5 others devices if you're using the same account. I don't even think Steam does this and it is cool having friends that are willing to let you play games they already bought.

Hopefully they'll give bonuses for people who payed full price for it before the cut.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're looking at doing this post-2012, not within about six months of the system's launch like Nintendo did.

That'd be it right there. I'm not going to spend $200+ on a handheld and have it tell me that I can't even copy music to it without running it through Sony's software because they are a bunch of paranoid assholes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Thumbs Up 1

This, uh... feels like the dumbest reason I've heard in a while. So you gotta install an iTunes driver equivalent and copy the mp3s with the console, big deal.
Edited by Gilda
  • Thumbs Up 1