Awoo.

PS Vita

Patticus

Actually, Sony's commercials are focusing heavily on the whole "Play at home, and continue on the go" setup the Vita has. Having Call of Duty on the Vita may increase sales because people are willing to have their COD experience anywhere they go.

that's the first I ever heard of that. Given, I'm open to having my BF3 experience on the "go" I never heard anyone say that or imply that personally.

I've heard people wanting their fighting games on the go, but never FPS's.

Yeah, I haven't heard of it actually. And I don't think that an Apple Iphone/touch app really applies to this. Plus that version looks really dumbed down and the player looks like he's having trouble just shooting the enemy properly. If I were to play anything of the sort myself, it will be to extend my time on the crapper, but that's just me.

If I were to play an handheld version of any FPS, such as BF3 for example, I would want it to be on par with the console version or personally I wouldn't bother with it, seeing how I couldn't translate what I did on the portable device to the console version.

Edited by LunarEdge

Yay Blazblue just arrived today, only for that reason I decided to make a comparison shoot for those who doesn't bother to search for other (more professional) sources.

post-194-0-30957000-1330454180_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-26368500-1330454243_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I haven't heard of it actually. And I don't think that an Apple Iphone/touch app really applies to this. Plus that version looks really dumbed down and the player looks like he's having trouble just shooting the enemy properly. If I were to play anything of the sort myself, it will be to extend my time on the crapper, but that's just me.

If I were to play an handheld version of any FPS, such as BF3 for example, I would want it to be on par with the console version or personally I wouldn't bother with it, seeing how I couldn't translate what I did on the portable device to the console version.

Which is where the Vita comes in if you see where we're coming from. It takes that kind of game and makes it better. If people liked that, they'd find a similar game on the Vita much more appealing simply because it would be close to that of a console experience.

Just gonna say, I hope people aren't stupid enough to play their Vitas on the bus and train like the ads suggest. You're gon' get robbed. That's my beef with this whole "bring home with you on the go". It isn't exactly a safe idea.

Just gonna say, I hope people aren't stupid enough to play their Vitas on the bus and train like the ads suggest. You're gon' get robbed. That's my beef with this whole "bring home with you on the go". It isn't exactly a safe idea.

Depends on where you are.

Round where I am, everyone and their mother (I'm not kidding) has some kind of Android/DS?PSP/iOS/other devices. There really hasn't been many thefts. Plus, public transport is so crowded, that stealing it while you're playing would essentially mean you getting caught by members of the public, or by the CCTV cameras in the busses and trains.

• Thumbs Up 1

I live in Boston, a heavily populated area. No one gives a shit if you are robbed. I was robbed, and the only reason I got back what was stolen (a DS) was due to chasing the fucker down and causing a ruckus that alerted a transit police officer.

I live in Boston, a heavily populated area. No one gives a shit if you are robbed. I was robbed, and the only reason I got back what was stolen (a DS) was due to chasing the fucker down and causing a ruckus that alerted a transit police officer.

Needs moar CCTV.

Seriously, we have CCTV cameras everywhere, covering every possible angle on busses. On a train....well, there ain't a whole lot of room for you to run away. Least in London...rather the part of London that I live in.

Security issues aside.

Which is where the Vita comes in if you see where we're coming from. It takes that kind of game and makes it better. If people liked that, they'd find a similar game on the Vita much more appealing simply because it would be close to that of a console experience.

I see where you're coming from, just comparing the portable experience the vita can deliver to that of an iphone app isn't the best thing to do in my opinion is all.

That's why when I'm usually playing the latest handheld device in a bad/populated area I usually have a wrist strap on that's connected to said device. I would imagine you were playing on a bus? Or was it the Subway? At least you got it back, what the guy do run up and snatch it out your hand? Although I will admit, I usually don't whip out expensive tech when riding a subway whenever I visit NY an d if I do, it's usually my ipod classic and I'm usually putting it right back in my pocket.

I completely forgot about this

"We are delighted to announce Virtua Tennis 4 and confirm the development of four further titles for the NGP, illustrating our strong support and excitement for the new platform,” said Mike Hayes, CEO of SEGA Europe and SEGA of America. “Our line-up features all new adventures for some of our most loved SEGA IP, in addition to extremely innovative and purpose built new IP – all taking full advantage of the unique gameplay opportunities provided by the NGP.”"

This was a good while ago I do believe. We know of two: Virtua Tennis and Super Monkey Ball, so that leaves three, one of which is a new IP. More searching found this - http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sega-building-unique-vita-game-at-new-studio/03201

Sonic, Phantasy Star and ???

Gravity Rush Storms to North America June 12th, Europe June 13th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/29/gravity-rush-floats-to-ps-vita-on-june-12th/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/29/gravity-rush-coming-to-ps-vita-as-both-download-and-game-card-on-13th-june/

So June is probably the month I will get my hands on the Vita. SO can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gravity Rush Storms to North America June 12th, Europe June 13th.

http://blog.us.plays...a-on-june-12th/

http://blog.eu.plays...d-on-13th-june/

So June is probably the month I will get my hands on the Vita. SO can't wait.

They delayed it moar, damn those bastards how dare they. Oh wait it goes retail,... then nevermindz.

It's gonna be interesting to see whether the sells boost or not that day. But right now I would really need those FPS freeks on the Vita the control sticks are a bit to low for my taste(mainly for blazblue atm). But I do LUV the D-Pad, WHY can't other consoles just follow this standard, the original DS had a really good D-Pad, but no they just had to ditch that one, whyyy nintendo why. Oh well I ditched them back XD. Problem solved.

Not sure if I should get the Official Vita travel case or the 4Gamers one. The screen on the Vita is so great that I'm looking for a case that will protect it well and not get any white dots inside the screen like with every other handheld I have.

Tried out a demo of Gravity Rush in a store today that had a Vita on display. Game itself was relatively interesting but I have a feeling I need to sit down with it and invest some more time, not just pick it up out of the water, which in of it's own fuels my impression that I'd probably like it a lot more as a PS3 title. Also, the loading times were fucking abysmal.

The console is comfortable to hold but I really don't like how Sony designed the buttons on the Vita. Nintendo may have a worse understanding of controller ergonomics but for all of the Vita's massive size, the quality and flexibility of this thing is pretty fucking weaksauce. My massive hands have an easier time holding a Classic Controller.

So basically so far pretty much everything I came to expect from the thing was true. I'm on the fence of getting this thing anytime soon since I only want two games for it right now, those being Persona 4 and Gravity Rush.

• Thumbs Up 1

i must say, the OS is... surprisingly great? While not a fan of the M&M touch interface, the features it offers are fantastic. Normally, up to 6 apps can be open at the same time, using the PS button to switch between them. This means you can have the music player on for integrated custom sountracks (in fact it will give you playlist controls ingame to accommodate), the picture viewer, persistent party voice chat, that near stalking thingy, the video player, etc. And online play is still free, who'd have guessed!

Pressing the PS button + Start for screencaps is a neat little thingy (most useful for media sites, walkthrough makers and the LP sector), though the images look worse in a monitor because of the pixel density disparity. Automatic resizing or bullshotting might come in handy here.

Bodes really well for the PS4, IMO.

Oh, also. The d-pad is amazing. That fucking d-pad is a fucking SEGA quality d-pad. It's mushy, it's clicky, it's responsive. They've joined the four zones of the DualShock design and given it a few refinements. I wouldn't go as far as claiming it is better than the Saturn's without scientific evidence but damn. I hope it transfers over to future Sony controllers.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Rivals 1 and 2 are now available to download at £7.99 each.

Yes

edit: damn, won't embed. It's a trailer for Persona 4 : The golden

You can fight with motorcycles and the cross dressing outfits

Edited by Jetronic

Yes

edit: damn, won't embed. It's a trailer for Persona 4 : The golden

You can fight with motorcycles and the cross dressing outfits

You know, I should have expected this from Atlus but...it looks no better than the PS2 version (as in visual wise).

You know, I should have expected this from Atlus but...it looks no better than the PS2 version (as in visual wise).

The lighting is better

......That's really about it. Then again, the PS2 game looked good enough on it's own.

• 2 months later...

Still waiting patiently for Gravity Rush and P4 Golden, which is coming soon (yessssss)

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm actually kinda waiting for a Vita Slim model, where alot of the bugs are worked out and it's more comfortable.