Awoo.

Cutscene Reveal

Detective Shadzter

But one thing still gets me: why would he translate into binary? And how could he even read it that fast? Even Hex would be more convenient if you could understand it as English.

Because translating directly into binary was all he could do at such short notice? And he can read it so fast cause he's super smart. What gets me is the fact that Yacker can understand English. Okay, it doesn't get me at all but I thought it was a little odd.

As expected Sonic sounds superb, just got to get used to the new voice after a decade of montone mess and inconsistency issues.

Tails sounding like Jimmy? Yep I'm cool wit that. As for the whole binary thing...people tend to forget that Tails IQ is similar if not on par with Eggman.

I'm digging it, baby. I was getting tired of that Griffith voice, and I like this new, deeper tone Sonic has. And all the acting sounds really natural, even if the tone doesn't stray about Saturday morning cartoon. And yeah, Tails is great too. My favorite bit(besides the moonwalk of course) at the end when Sonic lays down his plan and the heroic music tunes up. Felt it was a good way to end the scene.

Oh, and those models look REALLY good. The lyp syncing is off, but the models themselves animate really well and have that Super Mario Galaxy sheen to them.

Edited by jeremycarrier

The writing is great and the voices are fantastic. It'll take some time to get used to RCS as Sonic but he does a great job with it and he seems to really GET the character of Sonic the Hedgehog and it really shows in this clip.

Its one cutscene mate, I'm pretty sure they get better.

Also this is cutscene 4 and not the opening cutscene. ;D -shot-

I can't tell what you're trying to say. Sonic is brimming with character in this scene. The moonwalking, they way he talks and his general manner. The directing and script (and acting skill too most likely) has helped that character be portrayed so much better that in the past. When Drummond and Griffith did good they really did good, but this whole new package is hitting the target from every angle. Except lip syncing. I hope it's better elsewhere.

What Aerosol (is that some kind of spray? :V) is saying is that the opening of 06 made it look like Sonic was going to be filled with character, and then the rest of the game turned out to be a tragic disappointment.

It may be because my eyes have not been trained in noticing these things but the lip syncing didn't look off to me. Looked pretty normal actually.

Edited by Torcano

I don't see why everyone's complaining about the lip synch, when games like 06 and Sonic Adventure 2 had absolutely awful lip syncing, yet no one complained about it there.

Are you guys all bipolar or something? :lol:

The scenes are so funny to watch in the original Sonic Adventure because of how awful they are. Sonic's eyes are constantly moving and his spines go all straight sometimes. Don't even get me started on the erratic movement of his mouth. :lol:

WATCH_OUT_YOUR_GONNA_CRASH_AHH_by_X2010.png

Yes, I know this is DX.

I loved it at the time, but you have to admit it looks really funny now.

So yeah, Sonic Colors scenes are looking pretty fantastic IMO.

Yeah, after playing through Sonic Adventure on PS3 I was quickly reminded how bad the lip synching and cutscene animations are :lol:

I can't tell what you're trying to say. Sonic is brimming with character in this scene. The moonwalking, they way he talks and his general manner. The directing and script (and acting skill too most likely) has helped that character be portrayed so much better that in the past. When Drummond and Griffith did good they really did good, but this whole new package is hitting the target from every angle. Except lip syncing. I hope it's better elsewhere.

Oh my holy jelly nipple christmas.

The character in this scene reminds me of the character in the cutscene I'm referring to. Holy hell.

EDIT: Thank you, Aquaslash.

Edited by Aerosol

Sonic Adventure 2 lipsync was HORRIBLE.

Animations were too slow for the speed of the voices.

This game is awesome :rolleyes:

So I looked up Roger Craig Smith because his voice sounds so damn familiar. I looked at his previous roles...FF13...background voices...hmmm

So I looked up Roger Craig Smith because his voice sounds so damn familiar. I looked at his previous roles...FF13...background voices...hmmm

He's also done alot of Animes.

To be honest, I really don't understand all the complaints about lip-syncing. Sure, it's not as good as Unleashed's, but it's definitely not bad either. It's easily better than the lip-syncing in most (if not all) of the other games.

Mmm, Yummy :D

Admit it, it was horrible. When you finish City Escape on the cutscene of the robot Sonic mouth is always "o" like