Awoo.

Cutscene Reveal

Detective Shadzter

Sonic sounds significantly older but he also sounds a lot less jumpy and inconsistent. It's almost comparable to the transition from Mikey Kelley to James Arnold Taylor from the first Ratchet and Clank to Going Commando. Not bad at all.

Tails' voice is just.. great. Awesome. So nice to have a good voice actor for him again.

Edited by Chooch

Wow. I am genuinely impressed by this. The voices, the acting, the animation, the writing...better than anything we've seen in the series before. Not to say it's perfect; the "underwear" line is a little cringeworthy, for a few reasons...but still, overall this is miles above what we've been getting.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hm, I hope Sonic can still be a cheeseball like this. Characters in this series are gratingly cheesy (no pun) sometimes, but Sonic always had a nerdy voice despite being cool. If there was anything between Jaleel, Drummond, and Griffith, that was it. It's alright though. Sonic's voice reminds me a bit of Jake the Dog from Adventure Time.

Well, it's official, now when people are imitating Griffith, they're not doing a "Sonic" voice anymore, just a "Griffith voice."

A slightly more in depth reply now that I've listened again (and read the TSS article):

“You’ll notice that the relationship between Sonic and Tails has grown here – Tails is so used to Sonic’s heroics that anything he does almost seems ordinary, while Sonic openly ribs Tails in a way that only best friends can.”

♥♥♥!! I LOVE that. Seeing Sonic and Tails interact so naturally like best friends do, without Tails being awe-struck and with Sonic openly teasing him… aww… so great (: Happy Flyboy is happy.

Voices themselves – I APPROVE! Sonic actually has CHARACTER at last. I’ve felt his previous voices were rather generic and forced, but this time around he actually seems to have a personality and can be a bit of a jerk without being IRRITATING. He kinda rolls Jaleel White’s attitude, the OVA’s douchiness and modern Sonic’s cool charisma into one. Sure, he could do to sound a little younger, but that’s a small complaint. Welcome home, Sonic!

Tails is, of course, SO MUCH BETTER too. His voice register has been lowered slightly and it makes ALL the difference. He sounds like a boy again. I’d still prefer an actual male VA, but I understand the complications and so I’m happy with Kate for now. (On an aside, I never really bought Tails being 8. I think it would make so much more sense if he was around Amy’s age, but ah well).

As for the scene itself, unbearably funny and cute! I didn’t care much for the blatantly cheesy and mildly patronising 4th wall breakage, but that’s a minor gripe. Over all, I am a very happy Flyboy (:

I'm gonna take a moment to BAWW lime the little bitch I am.

I think I liked Jason better. Here, he sounds cool and all, but he sounds a lot like Ratchet, too.

The reason I liked Jason more is he didn't sound like any human I've ever heard. Totally unique. Here, he just sounds like a random teenager. When I hear Jason's voice, I think Sonic the Hedgehog. RCS makes me think Sonic the Human.

Ah, well, I'll get used to it

I'm gonna take a moment to BAWW lime the little bitch I am.

I think I liked Jason better. Here, he sounds cool and all, but he sounds a lot like Ratchet, too.

The reason I liked Jason more is he didn't sound like any human I've ever heard. Totally unique. Here, he just sounds like a random teenager. When I hear Jason's voice, I think Sonic the Hedgehog. RCS makes me think Sonic the Human.

Ah, well, I'll get used to it

I just noticed that Tails' insignia is on his toolbox <3

Something else I noticed was that Tails is pretty calm and doesn't move all too much, while Sonic is in movement the whole time. He's always moving something.

Consider this a very early Christmas present for everybody. Glad you (generally) all seem really pumped for it now.

Told you Tails' voice was rocking. ;)

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic's voice is a bit deep, but definitely better than Griffith's yet it'll take some time to get used to it. Tails voice is fantastic though. Getting back to Sonic for a sec, I really like to see an intense scene with him, just to hear how energetic he will sound since it is an important trait in Sonic.

Roger is good, and nothing wrong with it. Though I would like to hear or to expect something close to DMC's Dante, but eh, not a major complaint.

So you like exclusive?

AAUK did good? *puppy dog eyes*

I've another cutscene coming.... maybe/hopefully but that's for non-community site. Yet to choose which one but it'll be different to this one certainly, show some variety.

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

Consider this a very early Christmas present for everybody. Glad you (generally) all seem really pumped for it now.

Told you Tails' voice was rocking. ;)

I loved everything i saw and heard! Awesome graphics, awesome models! The humour is not that bad actually. Much better than in unleashed anyway.

Tails sounds way too awesome! Sonic sounds much older and i should get used to his new voice, which is also great btw!

You see, that's exactly what I like about this voice. Before all this stuff with Roger Craig Smith, my number one recommendation for a replacement Sonic voice actor was none other than James Arnold Taylor because he has a really good vocal range (much like Smith) and his Ratchet voice reminded me a lot of what I'd like to hear for Sonic.

I think they both sound great. Sonic kind of reminds me of Josh Keaton's Spider-Man for some reason, and Tails reminds me of Cubert Farnsworth from Futurama.

Although I will say that Sonic's voice is a little startling. I think it's the fact that he sounds older or more "extreme" than some other actors, but the voice is attached to a Sonic model that's very marshmallowy and cartoony looking.

• Thumbs Up 2

I find Sonic's new voice appropriate, though It'll take some getting used to since we've gotten used to the griffith VA and all. As for Tail's, well what can I say that already hasn't been said?

Also, forget not, that this cutscene is just a casual conversation.

In fact, I've never heard a "casual conversation" in a Sonic game. Whenever any character spoke, in any cutscene, even if it was intended to be a regular convo, they still sounded a bit OTT.

Also, for those of you who think Sonic's voice sounds too deep to be a teenager, well I'm a teenager, and my voice is MUCH MUCH deeper than this.

Seriously, it sounds natural, if a bit weird, given that all we've heard is a high-pitch OTT voice for the past 12 years.

Tails is perfect. Stay that way forever.

Sonic sounds a bit too "gruff" sometimes. Almost like a rugged man at some points. He needs to be a little lower. I'm sure Chris Redf--err, Smith will get better a he eases into the role.

Nice to see the Unleashed-like tone of the cutscene. Works well.

I like it. Its really different from anything so far, but its not the horror fest I was expecting. Also I practically accepted Tails new voice as soon as he spoke. Hats off to you guys!

Also on the animation front, its awesome! Must somehow get this mentioned in my animation course!

Sonic is going to take a bit of getting used to. Not that the voice is bad, which it is not, but I guess I was expecting a little more Jason with less cheesy lines. I did like Jason's tone, so this puberty Sonic I'll have to grow used to hearing. I like the voice though.

Tails is perfect.

The humor is definitely welcome, but it's certainly light for the kiddies. The good thing this time around is that it's better than average, so Sonic won't ever make your ears bleed like in Heroes.

I always thought so too,I mean don't get me wrong Drummond Griffith were good but:

Drummond tended to make Sonic sound like he was hyped up on caffine, and had ADD

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, my opinion on the voices is the same than a lot of people here - Sonic's voice will take some time to get used to, but Tails's is excellent.

The script was pretty good as well, though I didn't really like the forth-wall-breaking part, but that's not a major issue.