Awoo.

Cutscene Reveal

Detective Shadzter

Sonic's talking speech voice sounds very very different to his in-level grunts or is it just me? The in-level grunts sound very Jason-esque and way higher pitched than his voice in that cutscene.

That aside, I REALLY like it. I too think Sonic sounds way older than 15 here but that isn't necersarily a bad thing. Tails voice is PERFECT. It's exactly how I always envisioned his voice to be and is not at all girlish or hints that he is being voiced by a woman doing a boy's voice which is a testament to Kate's talent. If you ask me, their voices do a perfect job of empathising the huge age difference between them but the acting just makes me coo with delight over their familiarity and brotherlyness <3

Love how frenetic Sonic is compared to Tails. Love how Yacker's body language is so alike to Sonic's i.e facepalm, shrugging. That little guy is full of personality and he's sooo cute!

Sonic is going to take some getting used to. Mainly cause of 17 years of voice actors doing a "nausely" Sonic. Roger's interpretation just sounds a little too deep for someone that's supposed to be 15. It's also one of the more mellow scenes so hopefully the voice will fit better in a more intense scene.

Bigger problem with the scene as a whole is definitely the lip sync. The syncing was obviously done to correspond with the Japanese lines, but still though it's a little unforgivable. I hope the other scenes are synced up better.

Never again did I think I'd see a Sonic VA on the same Tier as Jaleel White (AKA God Tier). This is amazing! Flawless acting from them both. Tails sounds similar to Palant's voice but better. It's like he FINALLY got rid of that blasted laryngitis. Sonic's voice is a lot deeper than I expected, in fact, it's pretty much that "sidekick" voice spot on. That's actually the voice tone I'd have given Manic were he to be used again. (pretty "surfer dude" ish). It'll take some getting used to, but I approve.

Writing is heaps better than what we've had before. Now I wanna get the game to find out what happens next, blast you all.

Also I bet there are consoles in those places he's going to check out

wooooah

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 3

Haters gonna hate.

And c'mon people, I'm offended that you think Sonic's voice is too deep for a 15 year old.

My voice was deeper than that when I was 15. Goddamn it.

Edited by Ferno

You know...yea. I don't like Sonic's new voice either. Sure the emotion and everything is all there, but the tone is way off save for a couple of lines ("Who are you and what is happening to your people") come to mind. It's not just the games; every single voice for Sonic EVER has been higher pitched. It almost sounds like....placeholder work?

I can only hope so, even this late into development.

Without criticizing the voices or the acting at all, Roger Craig Smith's portrayal of Sonic is something I'm really going to have to get used to. I mean, it's probably good and all, but right now I'm having a bit of trouble enjoying it. Maybe once I play the full game, I'll like it more. Tails' voice on the other hand... well...

OMG SO ADORABLE JUST THE SORT OF VOICE I'D EXPECT TO HEAR FROM TAILS NOW THAT HIS SA1 AND SA2 VOICE IS GONE!!!! AWWW, I LOVE IT <3<3<3<3

(But really, am I the only one who thinks it sounds pretty much the same as Amy Palant except a lot less raspy?)

Also, the cutscene is great. It captures very nicely an appropriate blend between the comedic story of Sonic Riders and the adventurous feeling of the Adventure series and Unleashed. Good job, Sega! I'm very much looking forward to this <3

Edited by Akito

I'm a little guilty of wanting Roger to use the voice he used in the "See me- Sonic" ad, but I guess if he did it like that, then there would've really been no reason to replace J. Griff to begin with.

I quite enjoy the new voices, though I never really cared for that in the first place.

Why is it the game I had the least amount of faith in turns out to look like it's going to be one of the best Sonic games ever, all round? -_- I'm already running out of money as it is and another must buy game is going to kill me! XD

So the general opinion seems to be...

Sonic: He sound awesome, and the acting is top-notch. He's very different and will take some getting use to, but it's definitely a great new voice he's got.

Tails: <3

Sonics voice is really nice, all I need is to get used to it! Tails on the other hand, also has a very nice voice, I hardly got to hear his voice and finally, today I hear the full taste on it! What do I say on the 2 tailed foxes voice? I say its spot on! Now I didn't hate past voicers, I liked them! But I'm just saying these voices are better then expected to be honest.

So who got the MJ references? (Sonic's shoes originally being based off of MJ's, and doin' the moonwalk.)

I didn't even catch it until a Youtuber in the comments pointed it out. XD

So the general opinion seems to be...

Sonic: He sound awesome, and the acting is top-notch. He's very different and will take some getting use to, but it's definitely a great new voice he's got.

Tails: <3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Dude. That was... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWesome!

Roger does a mean Sonic. (Heh heh...innuendo.) While I didn't mind neither of the actors in the past. I feel that he nails it on the trench coat! He does sound like his balls dropped, which works for him. It sort of help him seem like he has more personality this go around. not to mention that Sonic's a smooth criminal! *winkMichaelJackson/segachatterwink*

Kate does a mean Tails as well. (Heh Heh... cougar innuendo.) Way better than the preivous VA's, whom I can't remember their names. Tails sounds as mature as he is. Also it seems like he won't glue his lips to Sonic's ass most of the time, which I approve! (Because I love how he stepped up in the Adventure series.)

The only gripe I have is that the voice sync seems a little off at times. But it's nothing big. Also... I can't big the idea of Sonic punching boulders out of my head... (What?! That's not a complaint! I just can't get that image out of my head!)

Thank for sharing this. Now sit down, shut up and take my money, Sega! I will NOT take "No!" for an answer! *GRUNT!*

Anyone else notice that the voices sound a lot like the voices in the voice reels that people guessed would be the voices they would use for the characters? Tails was the "Play hard, play tough, but most importantly you're playing to save my life" and Sonic was the "Me? I'm just a sidekick. Remember?" but deeper.

oh and I paused at the perfect time:

EvilTails.png

Edited by YoshiUnity: Ace Professor
  • Thumbs Up 2

And this is a problem for me. You would think it'd be the main character of the game and the entire franchise that they'd make sure was voiced absolutely perfectly, not his sidekick.

And this is a problem for me. You would think it'd be the main character of the game and the entire franchise that they'd make sure was voiced absolutely perfectly, not his sidekick.

Sonic sounds very... deep... But I really like his acting.

Tails' voice is just great! Excellent!

This is much better than that 4kids crap!

• Thumbs Up 3

That's too bad. They can't always get things right first time around, plus this is a massive change. Just gotta give it time I think.

Edited by Aerosol
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Sonic: Oh, just went shopping, got something to eat, and trashed a giant killer robot.

Tails: Oh, really? They have shopping here?

I love this game. XD

• Thumbs Up 4

I despised ol' Griff. at first, but hey, he grew on me over time, even becoming a favorite. The same can happen with this guy too.

But an opinion's an opinion I guess, and I'm respecting yours.

Uhhh Okay. I'm really gonna have to get use to Sonic's new voice. I mean it's nice and all but wow, talk about a huge Age difference. He sounds like he's in his late teens early 20's. Now tails on the other hand....ABOUT DAMN TIME! It only took sega, 10 years to get it right? Tails' voice finally fits him.

This is bad. Sonic has a good voice, Tails sounds like a boy, and the dialog is very natural and mildly funny, and it feels INSANELY out of place to me.

Still, I liked it all. Yacker copying Sonic was kinda funny, as were the mistakes the translator made. Like I said, the dialog also flowed very naturally, which I don't remember happening since the first Sonic Adventure, if that. Still, while excellent, Sonic's new voice makes him sound like Spider-Man... but now that I think about it, it DOES sound kinda like Jason Griffith, without those vocal fluctuations people mock him for.