Awoo.

Cutscene Reveal

Detective Shadzter

More like 12 years old? But Sonic's never been 12 (or intended to be that young). Do you mean more like when the games were 12 years old? Little confused here.

Edited by speedduelist

*Nods* I do understand and I think Roger's Sonic voice would be spot on if the pitch were lifted just slightly.

I've never been totally happy with the voice/age match for most of the cast. I also don't agree with the actual ages given - particularly Tails. I just can't see him as 8 years old. He doesn't act like an 8-year-old (even being a genius shouldn't change certain aspects of an 8-year-old's general behaviour) and he's never really sounded like one. I'm always more inclined to see him as around 12 or 13, and Kate doesn't make him sound 8 (IMO) either.

Ah well. The ages for all the cast are pretty much stuck, I guess. I'd prefer if the teens sounded more like teens and less like men/women... but it's a minor complaint so long as the acting is good, believable and has character and range to it.

And yeah, Sonic's not supposed to be 19, even if that's technically the age of his franchise.

*Nods* I do understand and I think Roger's Sonic voice would be spot on if the pitch were lifted just slightly.

I've never been totally happy with the voice/age match for most of the cast. I also don't agree with the actual ages given - particularly Tails. I just can't see him as 8 years old. He doesn't act like an 8-year-old (even being a genius shouldn't change certain aspects of an 8-year-old's general behaviour) and he's never really sounded like one. I'm always more inclined to see him as around 12 or 13, and Kate doesn't make him sound 8 (IMO) either.

Ah well. The ages for all the cast are pretty much stuck, I guess. I'd prefer if the teens sounded more like teens and less like men/women... but it's a minor complaint so long as the acting is good, believable and has character and range to it.

And yeah, Sonic's not supposed to be 19, even if that's technically the age of his franchise.

Edited by speedduelist
  • Bad Quality Post 1

regardless of the age. i would like most of the characters to have a specific sound pitch that can truelove fit with them for all eternity. i really don't want sonic to grow up :P

that what i would call Sonic's Cool Character attitude.

I hope Roger Convinces that sonic could be cool voice wise with a Teen Voice...

As expressive and as good Roger's Sonic voice is now, it'll improve over time, I'm sure it's impossible for a guy like Roger to sound like Sonic in his older games, I know it is for me, since my voice is too deep and monotone to even comprehend trying doing a Sonic voice, so I consider there to be like, 10 people in the world that can do a enjoyable Sonic voice?

Wrong. its in my opinion perfect and i have my reason and i stated it in my previous post in this thread,

their is no such fact in life that says they are good or bad. so its all about opinions from person to person tastes, each person is allowed to state their opinions.

This is like the hundredth "it's my opinion" argument thrown at me, and the hundredth time I have to say "I don't give a damn, you're still gonna hear what I have to say."

I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but really, who the hell asked for whether or not it was your opinion? I don't need a reminder, buddy. ;)

and No opinion is a fact, including of what you just said.

Tell me were I said it was fact and I'll give you a cookie. ;)

I mean, I could carry this further if I want, but I'm in a good mood today.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

That Free Riders review pissed me off, because they mention the New VA's but the only ones you can hear clearly are Sonic & Tails, QUIT TEASING US.

Just my two cents here but I've never been able to put a number on Sonic's age just by his voice alone since Griffith took the role. That's one thing he had over Drummond, his voice for Sonic was ageless. Unique? Well no, the guy couldn't act for a sandwich. But I still couldn't put an age on it, just like White's and Burke's voices for Sonic.

What with Sega's new direction, Sonic obviously sounds like he's 17 or 18 years old, by my reckoning, at least.

Edited by Aerosol

Not all 15-year-olds sound like Justin Bieber. Hell, they sound pretty damn close to adult.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not all 15-year-olds sound like Justin Bieber. Hell, they sound pretty damn close to adult.

Edited by Ryusuke
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the contrary, I always heard Griffith's Sonic as a guy in his late 20s/early 30s trying really really hard to sound like and act like a teenager. Smith's Sonic is much more believable and lovable. The only other voice for Sonic I've heard that sounds like it gave him the proper tone for his age while still being rather high-pitched was Martin Burke's Sonic, which sounded more sophisticated as well thanks to his European-centric accent.

Drummond (in SA1) sounded like a early 20s surfer dude that commonly spouted '90s phrases (Jaleel White was just like this except with a high-pitched and nasally voice). Around SA2 Drummond did a pretty good job and sounded like Roger's voice but lighter and more nasally. By Heroes, Battle and Sadv3 Drummond sounded like a bad mix of the worst parts about White and Griffith; making his performance in those games probably the worst of Sonic's voice acting history.

In all honesty? I wanted Sonic to have a deeper voice since the beginning, and it sounds very suiting for him. However, I can't say it's my favorite (even though I'm more than welcome for this voice to stay). Martin Burke and SA2-era Drummond were my personal favorites (specifically Burke's voice).

• Thumbs Up 2

*Feels weird for having a highish-voice while people younger than him have lower voices ._.*

But yeah, I'd say after playing the game I'll get used to the voice. I think what people are getting at with the complaints is that we now have a 3 foot hedgehog with pretty much the voice of a full grown man. I mean, sure, Knux's voice has been deep for years, but this will take some getting used to for some. Though I love the grunts and his "Yeah-heah!" in free riders.

Well I'm mighty late for this.

Tails sounds perfect but enough about that, holy shit Sonic. This is exactly how I always imagined him to sound, laid-back and cool, actually sounding normal for once. Ryan Drummond was great but he always felt like he was forcing with his "cool attitude". Jason Griffith had the same problem every title he was in bar Shadow the Hedgehog and Unleashed, but RCS sounds like he's putting little to no effort in this and he sounds as solid as ever. A voice actor that can do this in pretty much anything he does is perfect, and I'd never imagine that to happen with Sonic. I'm heftily impressed.

Also, the humor might not have been my sort of deal but it was pretty light-hearted which worked really, and for a Sonic game I'd say thats pretty applaudable. Unleashed felt like it tried doing this but fell many steps back, mostly thanks to Chip's obnoxious writing and acting.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm 16 and have a pretty deep voice.

I guess I'm not "cool". :( You crazy kids and your constantly changing styles....

The reason Sonic's voice is what it is now.