Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Really?

It's a 1.98 out of 6, not 5.

Inverted would be like a 4.02 out of 6, wich is a little more than 2/3 of the total score. If we go to a 1 to 10 scale 2/3 would be around a 6.6(and repeat 6 infinite times), that's why I stated it would be around the 7 mark. (actually I said 70, since I was doing it in an 1 to 100 scale).

I miscalculated as a 96, BUT it is an 8/10. Let me explain

One is the highest it can get, 6 is the lowest. There is no zero.

SINCE there is no zero and it cannot get less than 1, it is actually a 5 Point scale and not a 6 point.

So then you change the variable not to "Out of 6" BUT "Out of 5".

A 1.98 is really just 0.98 away from perfection. At this point we double 0.98 to get 1.96. Subtract 1.96 from 10, and you get 8.04/10.

EDIT: Ninja'd~

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

DERP, then it's a great score, why are we am I complaining for? :lol:

I made the stupid mistake of thinking nobody uses 0 anymore, wich would also prove me wrong anyway so I don't know what I was thinking about.

*still waiting for some lulz from that review*

EDIT: Have you noticed that an interesting amount of the reviews we have are german?

Edited by el gato del eje

DERP, then it's a great score, why are we am I complaining for? :lol:

I made the stupid mistake of thinking nobody uses 0 anymore, wich would also prove me wrong anyway so I don't know what I was thinking about.

*still waiting for some lulz from that review*

EDIT: Have you noticed that an interesting amount of the reviews we have are german?

Man, we really need an update to the first post to incorporate all of these great reviews. Seeing them all in one place would probably bring me to manly tears.

Thanks to someone for explaining this to me:

Actually, in the german schooling system, they don't give A's or B's, etc. They give out number grades, where 1 is equivalent to an A and 6 is equivalent to an F.

That should clear things up.

A 1.98 is really just 0.98 away from perfection. At this point we double 0.98 to get 1.96. Subtract 1.96 from 10, and you get 8.04/10.

For god sakes, please get scans of this!!

Dude, go back a few pages. The scans of the Nintendo Power review were already posted >.>

Dude, go back a few pages. The scans of the Nintendo Power review were already posted >.>

Fuck! i missed it. thanks!

The German magazine Computerbild Spiele gave the game a 1,98. This is going from 1 being the best and 6 being the worst. No scans, sorry, I just got this from Spindash.de forums. Their complaint seems to be, get this, it's too colorful :lol:

It's too colourful? LOLOLOL!! :lol:. That just made my day B)

It's too colourful? LOLOLOL!! :lol:. That just made my day B)

It's not a current gen game without at least one gray deserted city with light beams shining through a large smoke stack.

Sonic bloom~ Sonic bloom~ Sonic bloom~

Sonic bloom~ Sonic bloom~ Sonic bloom~

Graphics keep you running faster~

I wonder if they'll criticise Pokémon Black and White for not being colourful enough? :P

Okay, so an image of the entire internet being LAYZAR'D.

Wait....

Visual map of the entire internet:

600px-Internet_map_1024.jpg

That's alot of lazuurz.

I'll bet the big white spots are Sonic fan sites....or pr0n.

Edited by Infernal Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

That review system of 1 the highest and 6 the lowest is very weird and a pain in the arse for those who want to keep a record on the review percentages of Sonic Colors.

So to make the life of everyone easier, I will try to get an accurate calculation for the review percentage.

So we have a score of 1.98 on a scale where 1 is the highest possible (100%) and 6 is the lowest possible (0%)

To make this easier we will take the score system in reverse, for this example 1 will be the lowest (0%) and 6 the highest (100%)

We have the score 1.98, a score that is 0.98 lower than the maximum score, that is 1.

Now lets calculate what woyld be the score if the review was from 1 to 6:

6 - 0.98 = 5.02

So we get that if the review used 6 as max and 1 as minimum the score would be 5.02.

Now lets use a formula to obtain the percentage of that score compared on the maximum score:

Given Score / Max Possible Score x 100 = Percentage.

So we have:

5.02 / 6 = 0.836 x 100 = 83.6%

So yeah, the score is a very decent 83% not bad at all I say!

(I bet all this that I tried to say makes no sense xD)

Now lets use a formula to obtain the percentage of that score compared on the maximum score:

Given Score / Max Possible Score x 100 = Percentage.

So we have:

5.02 / 6 = 0.836 x 100 = 83.6%

Unfortunately, your calculation is incorrect.

The problem with this formula is that it assumes that the lowest possible score corresponds to 0%. However if you take your previous formula:

Now lets calculate what woyld be the score if the review was from 1 to 6:

6 - 0.98 = 5.02

So we get that if the review used 6 as max and 1 as minimum the score would be 5.02.

Here the minimum is 1 (out of 6), instead of 0.

If you try replacing the score of 1.98 with 6.0 in your calculation, you'll see that the result is not 0%.

We don't necessarily need math to figure this out. Just some simple association

Now, I haven't taken math in some 4 odd years (I got Calc out of the way early), but I think that on a scale like this, a 1.98 would only be .02 over an equivalent of a 4 out of five. The final computation would ring in at a hair above 80%.

Basically,

6 = 0%

5 = 20%

4 = 40%

3 = 60%

2 = 80%

1 = 100%

Yes, it assumes that 6 is 0, but at the same time, the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Visual map of the entire internet:

600px-Internet_map_1024.jpg

That's alot of lazuurz.

I'll bet the big white spots are Sonic fan sites....or pr0n.

It looks like we'll need a lot more photoshop images. First of the green parts being LAYZERED, then the white parts being DURILLOED, then the purple parts being SPAIKUED, then the yellow parts being CEWUBED (Not sure how that one's going to work), then the cyan parts being HOVAAED (Ditto), and finally, the rest being ROKKETOED. That ought to stir up a FRIENZEY.

;)

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 1

I took a quick glimpse at the German Gamepro Magazine, and they pretty much said that this is the best 3d Sonic game yet. All the editors gave the game a perfect 3/3(some sort of quick opinion thing) also. Hell, one Editor said, that according to her tastes, this is the best Sonic game yet.

Edited by ChikaBoing

I took a quick glimpse at the German Gamepro Magazine, and they pretty much said that this is the best 3d Sonic game yet. All the editors gave the game a perfect 3/3(some sort of quick opinion thing) also. Hell, one Editor said, that according to her tastes, this is the best Sonic game yet.

*wipes away a nostalgic tear of joy*

Bravo, SEGA.

Looks the colours do feel so right after all!

:3

Great year to be a Sonic fan.