Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Though I never heard about World of Goo 'till now and I don't like the Rock Band series at all so I can't really back up their spots in that list.

I can agree with this.

Rhythm games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero should really be on their own chart, because they aren't exactly "video games". In a sense, they're just slightly more involving Kareoke games. =/

If those games were removed, there is a slight chance Colours may make it in the top ten.

Edited by Scar

No, seriously. Colours has the makings of an 80-85 score really. Check this list of the top 10 Wii games:

1. 97- Mario Galaxy
  2. 97- Mario Galaxy 2
  3. 95- Twilight Princess
  4. 94- World of Goo
  5. 93- SSBB
  6. 92- Rock Band 2
  7. 92- Rock Band 3
  8. 91- Metroid Trilogy
  9. 91- Resident Evil 4
  10. 90- Okami

It can't compete with those games, even if it does look fantastic.

Pretty much, Sonic Colors will be a good game, and it shouldn't bother any of you if it is in a top 10 or not. As long as this game gets good scores than great, welcome home Sonic, you finally have a good 3D game.

Pretty much, Sonic Colors will be a good game, and it shouldn't bother any of you if it is in a top 10 or not. As long as this game gets good scores than great, welcome home Sonic, you finally have a good 3D game.

Yeah, guess you're right ;). Heck, even I got Sonic Unleashed (HD) for Christmas even though it got around a 3.5 and it was ridiculously under-rated (How the hell can it score lower than Sonic 06 again???) :blink: .

And about SiLeNtDo0m saying reviewers hate 3rd party games on the Wii...100% agree with you :lol:

You people put too much emphasis on what other people think. Who gives a shit if its top 10, top 20, top 5, whatever?

Do you enjoy the game? Can you make a logical argument over why the game is good? Then congratulations.

You people put too much emphasis on what other people think. Who gives a shit if its top 10, top 20, top 5, whatever?

Do you enjoy the game? Can you make a logical argument over why the game is good? Then congratulations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got Nintendo Power. Color's 9.0 makes me so very happy inside.

However, I noticed something.

It's got the highest score in the entire magazine.

Even Epic Yarn didn't beat it. Rock Band 3 also got a 9.0, but nothing got a higher score than Colors, and the DS version is the second highest for DS, being beaten only by Super Scribblenauts.

I almost cried, guys. It really makes me happy to know that this game is turning out exactly how I expected in every possible way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even Epic Yarn didn't beat it. Rock Band 3 also got a 9.0, but nothing got a higher score than Colors, and the DS version is the second highest for DS, being beaten only by Super Scribblenauts.

I almost cried, guys. It really makes me happy to know that this game is turning out exactly how I expected in every possible way.

Edited by SuperClassic

Exxxxxcccceeellllllennt. Now all we need is a photoshop of a random nerd image representing the idiot who made that irritating meme in the first place getting LAZER'D by Sonic and we'll finally be vindicated.

Too much?  :P

Something to keep in mind is that, most likely, Sonic Colors' score will be negatively affected by the poor reception of previous games. Imo, the reason Unleashed had lower scores than say, Sonic Heroes, is that people weren't expecting crap from Sonic then.

IMO, if Sonic had a Triple A reputation right now, the scores, even for the same game, would be higher.

The German magazine Computerbild Spiele gave the game a 1,98. This is going from 1 being the best and 6 being the worst. No scans, sorry, I just got this from Spindash.de forums. Their complaint seems to be, get this, it's too colorful :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

The German magazine Computerbild Spiele gave the game a 1,98. This is going from 1 being the best and 6 being the worst. No scans, sorry, I just got this from Spindash.de forums. Their complaint seems to be, get this, it's too colorful :lol:

Well, there goes Colours spot on the top 20. :lol:

[/pretending that he cares]

Maybe there are not scans but isn't there a transcript of the review that you (or some other german speaking user) could translate? It looks like something I would like to read for some lulz.

They must love Shadow the Hedgehog...

EDIT: BTW, if I am not mistaken the score would be like a 68/70 out of 100.

Edited by el gato del eje

A Sonic game being colorful is a bad thing now? :blink:

No, it's a GREAT score. Apparently 1 for them is the BEST, 6 for them is the worst, read what he wrote they scale things with 1 as the best and 6 as the worst, so a 1.98 is good.

Calculating, the review on a 10 scale would be 8.04/10.

So there you go. 8/10.

EDIT: Wait I counted 96, no 98 so a clearer 8/10.

Edited by Dusk the Horror Keeper

No, it's a GREAT score. Apparently 1 for them is the BEST, 6 for them is the worst, read what he wrote they scale things with 1 as the best and 6 as the worst, so a 1.98 is good.

Oh I see. Thanks.

Saying Sonic Colours is too colourful is like saying there's too many soldiers in a Call of Duty game, or any FPS war game for that matter.

Hey MarcelloF, ask whoever posted that to get some scans please?

For god sakes, please get scans of this!!

We care because sonic need this kind of rep. right now. sure we all love the 'hog and will allways play no matter what but we need other people to see that hes not all soniccycle.jpg.

Calculating, the review on a 10 scale would be 8.08/10.

So there you go. 8.1/10.

Really?

It's a 1.98 out of 6, not 5.

Inverted would be like a 4.02 out of 6, wich is a little more than 2/3 of the total score. If we go to a 1 to 10 scale 2/3 would be around a 6.6(and repeat 6 infinite times), that's why I stated it would be around the 7 mark. (actually I said 70, since I was doing it in an 1 to 100 scale).

Really?

It's a 1.98 out of 6, not 5.

Inverted would be like a 4.02 out of 6, wich is a little more than 2/3 of the total score. If we go to a 1 to 10 scale 2/3 would be around a 6.6(and repeat 6 infinite times), that's why I stated it would be around the 7 mark. (actually I said 70, since I was doing it in an 1 to 100 scale).

What you've done is assuming the score goes from 0-6.

It doesn't, 1 is the highest possible score, which means its 4.02 out of 5 (6-1=5), which is around an 8.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Whoops.

Ah! Thanks Scar. Glad I was wrong.

Edited by Blue Blood