Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Almost done now. They say the multiplayer is rubbish, so I'm guessing that's what is holding it back from a Gold Award.

Almost done now. They say the multiplayer is rubbish, so I'm guessing that's what is holding it back from a Gold Award.

WHAT!!! The Sonic Simulator looks really fun they must of been shit at playing at it then *sigh* I have high hopes for that mode anyway it does look awesome.

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1

That I could agree with. It looks like it would get pretty chaotic, (Though not much more chaotic than NSMBWii got with 4 players).

Yeah, I don't understand how they can rank to minigame collections (M&S 1 and 2) higher than this.

That I could agree with. It looks like it would get pretty chaotic, (Though not much more chaotic than NSMBWii got with 4 players).

Yeah, I don't understand how they can rank to minigame collections (M&S 1 and 2) higher than this.

They generally bloat scores for casual games and seem to rank them on a completely different rating scale.

Eh, 86% in itself isn't too bad, but considering they gave Black Knight and Unleashed scores in the high 70s, it does seem a bit low in comparison.

Okay, true, we can't exactly judge it fairly until we've played it ourselves, but surely Colours has to be more than just 'a bit better' than Black Knight or Wii Unleashed? Again, as people have said, ONM tend to be more generous with Sonic games than other reviewers.

Edited by Mahzes

Done scanning. Just uploading them now.

@Dusk: There's 2 pages on Resident Evil: Revelations and 2 pages on Resident Evil: The Mercenaries. Will scan those up for you too :)

Done scanning. Just uploading them now.

@Dusk: There's 2 pages on Resident Evil: Revelations and 2 pages on Resident Evil: The Mercenaries. Will scan those up for you too :)

Thanks a ton for all of this Shadzter, excited to see all of this even if nothing too much new (as I don't know the contents yet, but it should be an interesting read at the least).

I have handily compiled ONM's hierarchy of Sonic games, based on all the review scores I can remember:

75% - Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing (Wii)

78% - Sonic and the Black Knight

79% - Sonic Unleashed (Wii)

81% - Sonic and the Secret Rings

85% - Sonic Colours (DS)

86% - Sonic Colours (Wii)

89% - SEGA Superstars Tennis (Wii)

90% - SEGA Superstars Tennis (DS)

90% - Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Wii/DS) / Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games (Wii/DS)

90%+ - Sonic Rush / Sonic Rush Adventure (I think they got 92%-ish?)

90%+ - Sonic 1/2/3 (can't remember exact scores, 92-93% I think mainly)

Edited by Doctor MK

They gave Secret Rings 81% too, didn't they?

EDIT: Ninja'd. D:

Edited by Mahzes

They gave Secret Rings 81% too, didn't they?

EDIT: Ninja'd. D:

Yeah, I'm editing in other scores as I remember them :lol:

I have handily compiled ONM's hierarchy of Sonic games, based on all the review scores I can remember:

76% - Sonic Unleashed (Wii)

76% - Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing (Wii)

78% - Sonic and the Black Knight

81% - Sonic and the Secret Rings

85% - Sonic Colours (DS)

86% - Sonic Colours (Wii)

90% - Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Wii/DS) / Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games (Wii/DS)

90%+ - Sonic Rush / Sonic Rush Adventure (I think they got 92%-ish?)

90%+ - Sonic 1/2/3 (can't remember exact scores, 92-93% I think mainly)

1) Actually Sonic Unleashed got 79% and Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing got 75%

2) You forgot SEGA Superstars Tennis (which got 89% on the Wii and 90% on the DS)

3) 86% for Colours?! Is this true? If so, ONM I hate you...

Reason why I'm angry is due to the way ONM rate the games. NGamer giving it 86% means much more than ONM giving it 86%.

It definately deserves more than 7% more than Unleashed. In fact, here is a quote from the ONM Unleashed review:

We'd go so far as to say that the normal Sonic levels in Sonic Unleashed are the best 3D Sonic levels we've ever played in a game. Had the game been comprised solely of this type of level then it'd be well into Gold Award territory

The Colours gameplay is undeniably better than the Wii Unleashed day time stage gameplay. So surely it deserves a higher score?

• Thumbs Up 1

1) Actually Sonic Unleashed got 79% and Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing got 75%

2) You forgot SEGA Superstars Tennis (which got 89% on the Wii and 90% on the DS)

3) 86% for Colours?! Is this true? If so, ONM I hate you...

1) Well, I knew it was 70-something% :P

2) Indeed I did

3) Yup, true

Here's the Wii review, as promised. Thanks for the patience guys. We had PC troubles a few weeks or so back and had to reboot the computer to factory fresh status and I'd forgotten that we hadn't re-installed the Printer/Scanner combo yet.

xlb7n6.jpg

xc94sw.jpg

o2zhh.jpg

16picj.jpg

Damn, TinyPic is so slow at uploading stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's the Wii review, as promised. Thanks for the patience guys. We had PC troubles a few weeks or so back and had to reboot the computer to factory fresh status and I'd forgotten that we hadn't re-installed the Printer/Scanner combo yet.

<insert review here>

Damn, TinyPic is so slow at uploading stuff.

Thanks a bunch Shadzter (reading). Take your time of course, and maybe Imageshack or Photobucket would work better?

Thanks a bunch Shadzter (reading). Take your time of course, and maybe Imageshack or Photobucket would work better?

You and everyone else here are welcome :) Tried Imageshack, but it wouldn't let me post the scans directly.

DS review:

3322ngh.jpg

29gkcno.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

They say it won't top Sonic Adventure, but it's placed higher than it on their scale of quality? :P

Thanks for the scans Shadzter!

• Thumbs Up 1

They say it won't top Sonic Adventure, but it's placed higher than it on their scale of quality? :P

Thanks for the scans Shadzter!

No probs :)

I think they must be referring to the Dreamcast version. That's DX on their scale thingy, which most reviewers hated compared to the Dreamcast version, though why wouldn't they just put the Dreamcast version on their scale? :huh:

That 'Classic >>> Bobbins' column is contradictory. They say that Colours isn't as good as SA1, yet place it higher on that scale.

EDIT: Ninja'd AGAIN. I'm really failing at Naruto today... :lol:

Edited by Mahzes

You and everyone else here are welcome :) Tried Imageshack, but it wouldn't let me post the scans directly.

DS review:

3322ngh.jpg

29gkcno.jpg

I think they must be referring to the Dreamcast version. That's DX on their scale thingy, which most reviewers hated compared to the Dreamcast version, though why wouldn't they just put the Dreamcast version on their scale? :huh:

They place Sonic 3 and Knuckles at the top of the list of Quality.

Then they say that the change of pace and slower platforming is jarring and unecessary.

Did they actually play Sonic 3 and Knuckles?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm glad they gave it a good score but I have a problem with them complaining about platforming. Sonic's not a racing game and that was Unleashed's biggest problems outside of the Werehog.

Edited by BD3

ONM must be either :

- didn't play the classics

- likes Sonic adventure 1/2/Unleashed/Rush more than the classics

because slow platforming (Not exactly too slow) was always their in Sonic 3&K.

their were separate parts for speed and slow platforming, non of the 3d sonic games managed to apply this rule (until now). good things it was applied in sonic colors but unfortunately, those who didn't play the classics or played only adventure/or prefers adventure more than the classics might not Welcome this concept to return in sonic colors. and I am pretty sure free-roaming hub worlds weren't in the classics, that explains why ONM stated it as a negative as well as slow platforming, because they either Love the adventure series too much or they didn't play the classics or dislikes the classics.

No thing wrong Either way, its their opinion.

I disagree with their opinion thought.