Awoo.

Sonic Colours Review topic

Shaddix Leto Croft

Post arrived. No sign of the mag. I shoulda known- if it's not here early, it's here late. Always.However, my SNES Classic Controller for the Wii arrived, so it's not been a total waste. Imagine playing Sonic 4 with THAT! Oh, the irony...

So, it's the issue with reviews of both versions of Colours AND Sonic 4 and they put Link on the cover?

Oh, up yours ONM. D:

• Thumbs Up 3

So, it's the issue with reviews of both versions of Colours AND Sonic 4 and they put Link on the cover?

Oh, up yours ONM. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, up yours ONM. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Does it really matter what takes cover priority? Why is there this pointless argument?

All that matters is that the review is in the next upcoming issue. End of story.

• Thumbs Up 3

As speedfreak said, previewed games always take priority. I've only ever known Sonic be on the cover when his game/s are being previewed. Also, as has already been said, Zelda is a Nintendo owned IP and this is a Nintendo mag.

Oh, up yours ONM. D:

..are you really that baffled that one of Nintendo's staple franchises got the cover page over a 3rd party game?

• Thumbs Up 2

Got the new NP in the mail today. Even though I knew the score was 9.0, I was still somehow a bit shocked. It's just so damn surprising to see a Sonic game with a phenomenal review score these days. As for the DS version, the only complaint seemed to be that it's REALLY SHORT. Rush fans not bothered by that will probably love it.

Got the new NP in the mail today. Even though I knew the score was 9.0, I was still somehow a bit shocked. It's just so damn surprising to see a Sonic game with a phenomenal review score these days.

Actually, Nintendo Power is well-known for giving Sonic games 8 and 9 scores.

Got the new NP in the mail today. Even though I knew the score was 9.0, I was still somehow a bit shocked. It's just so damn surprising to see a Sonic game with a phenomenal review score these days. As for the DS version, the only complaint seemed to be that it's REALLY SHORT. Rush fans not bothered by that will probably love it.

So uh, is there any new Zelda info? Its been months since anything was released. xP

Good to hear such praise, however.

Sadly, no. I guess we're going to have to wait for ONM for that. There was a nice cover story for Donkey Kong Country Returns, though.

Also, PC, this would fit if it weren't for Colors Wii being reviewed by someone who didn't work for NP during those reviews (in fact, NP doesn't even belong to Nintendo anymore). Hell, he went on the record saying Unleashed was garbage and Secret Rings was just ok.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

ONM give the Wii version 86% and the DS verison 85%. Will have scans up soon. There's an Iizuka interview too.

I've only ever known Sonic be on the cover when his game/s are being previewed.

This is hilarious when you realize most Sonic games are only exciting during the preview hype, and when the reviews come out it's depressing and not cover material. :o

Edited by Dabnikz

ONM give the Wii version 86% and the DS verison 85%. Will have scans up soon. There's an Iizuka interview too.

Yay! While you tackle that first, can you say if there was new Zelda and/or Resident Evil news though? >3>

Edited by Dusk the Wisp Keeper

While 86% is a good score, I'm going to have a little rant because I feel it should have been a lot more from them, seeing how they tend to over-rate everything.

They gave both Mario & Sonic games 90%, they gave Wii Play 91%, they gave frickin' MySims 94%.... so while 86% is probably a perfectly reasonable score for Colours, in comparison to ONM's other review scores it looks a bit... well, not as stellar as it probably should be.

EDIT: Oh, and it also means it's worse than Sonic 4 (88%) in ONM's eyes. CONTROVERSY GET!

Edited by Doctor MK

Woop good score pretty awesome I've updated the OP with the score too =) I should be getting my copy of ONM later on today but when can you scan the mag Shadz ?I can't wait to read it and I have to wait until Dinner to get my copy lol.

Edited by Shaddix

What I find more funny is that they rate Sonic 4 higher at 88% :lol:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=20481

Will scan that full review up too.

@Dusk: Nothing really new in terms of screens of Zelda 3DS and Zelda Wii. Haven't had chance to read those articles yet, let alone the Sonic Colours ones :lol: Will scan the Zelda stuff up for ya :)

Scanner is installed again now, scans will be up in the next 10 mins or so.

Scanner is installed again now, scans will be up in the next 10 mins or so.

Woop woop!

They better have a bloody good reason for not giving it 90%+.

I'm more interested in the content of the review than the score itself, but thanks Shadzter! I hate to ask too much since this is out of kindness but since I live nowhere close to Europe if there's a page or two on Resident Evil Revelations could you maybe scan that too? >3>

Woop woop!

They better have a bloody good reason for not giving it 90%+.

They say the Wii version won't top the classics or Sonic Adventure. Yes, they think Sonic Adventure is better than this game.

They say the Wii version won't top the classics or Sonic Adventure. Yes, they think Sonic Adventure is better than this game.

Hopefully they're not referring to the XBLA/PSN port by that remark :P

Nostalgia Goggles get.

Seriously, SA1 was a good game, but I doubt it could hold a candle to Colours.

• Thumbs Up 2