Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

It's amazing. Even Final Fantasy XIII didn't have so much fanhate like DmC. The user reviews on Metacritic are massacre. Every blog/forum I visited, only like 3 people like DmC vs. like 100.

Casualised, dumbed down, dubstep filled garbage. The prime example of how something so great such as the DMC series can fall to a cliché piece of crap just to pander to a younger and dumber audience. It would have been better if they let the series die at the fourth installment.
Ninja Theory has turned into the cancer of the games industry. Throughout development they have continued to insult the fans to the extent of even mocking the fans in the game with the "wig cutscene" then continued to not be able to keep their mouths shut , especially tameem who is a complete douche.
clunky controls, dubstep garbage, poor graphics you'll see in a ps2 game, bad camera, slow 30fps, no lock on. Donte's the worst character in the face of video game history. Crapcom, die. Just die. should have listened to what everyone said about this crap game. Worst game since E.T. p.s - **** THE CRITICS. 10/10 MY ASS.
Do not listen to the critics when they say its a 10/10 game. this is a very boring game with noting to remember it by but how bad it is. Critics think they speak for everyone when they rate a game, but really they speak only from the ignorance from them selves when they try promote a game to be what it is not, and this game is teenage junk.
if you buy this you should check your doctor ASAP. your IQ went negative ! the devil won't cry but you will, when you see you money wasted on a piece of **** that is what it is!
Couple that with the fact that if you hid the name of the game and characters from me, I’d have NO clue I was playing the newest entry in the Devil May Cry series. Not the foggiest. What the heck where they thinking? Vergil shoots a pregnant woman for pete's sake!

Btw, the last quote alone is enough for me not to go near this game.

^

As somebody that's not a huge fan of the game, some i.e. most of those quotes are fucking stupid I'm sorry.  Yes the game has problems. Yes I personally feel that the game as a whole hasn't done anything really beneficial for the DMC series, but I don't think it's as terribad as these people are making it out to be.  Honestly, it's really a case of if this was a completely different IP with the same setting but different names for all the characters then it wouldn't be receiving nearly the backlash it currently is.  People at worst would think it's a mediocre action game.

As I said before, people really need to calm down about this game.  Have a break, have a KitKat

• Thumbs Up 2

I think what pissed them off to the extent of silly bashing was the wig cutscene in the game. XP

I think what pissed them off to the extent of silly bashing was the wig cutscene in the game. XP

oh goodness here we go again.

EDIT: Suffice to say, comrade, we've been over quite a few reasons why people don't like the game in this thread, even if some are blown out of proportion. The wig elicited more facepalms and confusion than it did outright rage.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

I apologize, but I feel I need to mention something about this bit.

When you say something as a fact, the best way to get that point across, is to either quote of provide a link (or both) to the information that shows this. However, reviews cannot possibly be considered factual. Because if they were, then all reviews would be the same. A review has always been and forever will be, an opinion.

That being said, I'm not really sure what the term "solid game play" implies. I've never heard of runny game play, or liquid game play. Who decides what's solid and what ain't?

I'm not talking about things from an opinion based perspective, the gameplay IS Solid, the only thing that isn't solid is stage design for Dante's model.

what do I mean by it's solid? Dante does everything you command him to, tight movement control, each time you chain an attack it's precise and straight to the point, you don't get punished because of the controls (except in platforming) you get punished for reaction time on your part, and not delay on the game, perhaps the only thing that I feel could be improved is the clunky Jump Dante has got going on, very... edgy and clunky, also falling too fast, they should of worked on it more considering the sheer amount of platforming the game expects you to do, things like Angel Wings can be unresponsive if you don't pull off the button combination just right, but there is no random falling through the stage because of clipping issues, the lock-on to hook points for the scythe and whip are precise and haven't failed me at all, the dodge roll is incredibly precise for last second dodges to evade an enemy.

The game is really polished in terms of solid gameplay, so yes it is solid, it just lacks in a lot of other areas which people have already stated.

Am I really the only person still laughing at the people who continue to bash DmC? It's so pathetic that it is hilarious. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Not really, it's more upsetting than anything that this game has caused a huge split in the fan base.

However the ones trolling review sites and spouting un-true bullshit around the net about the game are the pathetic ones making the legit upset fans look like a bunch of butthurt fan boys which is just fuelling the fire more.

• Thumbs Up 6

The bigger surprise is, is that I never expected anyone to be so childish over a game like this to begin with it really just makes me wonder about people these days to the point where I have to question, does it really matter if this game sucks when you have X amount of others before it that are far superior, but as for an opinion on this game that's not too biased (I've played DMC3/4) but this is only the demo mind you, its pretty fun but its probably falls into that play it for a week then trade it for a new JRPG or something category for me cause even with the full game I can't really see myself enjoying it that much.

I'm not talking about things from an opinion based perspective, the gameplay IS Solid, the only thing that isn't solid is stage design for Dante's model.

what do I mean by it's solid? Dante does everything you command him to, tight movement control, each time you chain an attack it's precise and straight to the point, you don't get punished because of the controls (except in platforming) you get punished for reaction time on your part, and not delay on the game, perhaps the only thing that I feel could be improved is the clunky Jump Dante has got going on, very... edgy and clunky, also falling too fast, they should of worked on it more considering the sheer amount of platforming the game expects you to do, things like Angel Wings can be unresponsive if you don't pull off the button combination just right, but there is no random falling through the stage because of clipping issues, the lock-on to hook points for the scythe and whip are precise and haven't failed me at all, the dodge roll is incredibly precise for last second dodges to evade an enemy.

The game is really polished in terms of solid gameplay, so yes it is solid, it just lacks in a lot of other areas which people have already stated.

I thought the gameplay was clumsy and not at all interesting. Everything about it was incredibly dull, so no, I wouldn't say it counts as "solid" from my perspective.

Am I really the only person still laughing at the people who continue to bash DmC? It's so pathetic that it is hilarious. 

I thought we were done with this shit.

• Thumbs Up 5

lol this thread.

I've never played any DmC games nor do I know anything about it other than the Egoraptor short. I might try it just to see what I think of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't visit the thread for a couple of days and it explodes for a few pages. Glad to see everything's calmed down a bit now, though. I'm also glad to see the game made the #1 spot in the UK chart. Hope this success continues and spreads to the rest of the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

Define "bashing," 'cause I don't know about you, but I find "having the gall to dislike a game for any given reason" too loose a definition for the term.

• Thumbs Up 5

And then there was that one time when some idiot asked the President of the United States to pull the game from shelves.

screen-shot-2013-01-22-at-63343-am.png

This is just embarassing. If you don't like something, criticize it. Don't support it. Don't go making up stupid shit.

Wow man. This is indeed embarrassing but also hilarious at the same time. It's just a bad look for people who want the original DMC back.

Edited by Urban Flow

SIGNATURES NEEDED BEFORE FEBRUARY 19TH: 100,000

TOTAL SIGNATURES: 8

This isn't making the American Demographic look any better with shit like this passing as legit petitions lol.

And then there was that one time when some idiot asked the President of the United States to pull the game from shelves.

This is just embarassing. If you don't like something, criticize it. Don't support it. Don't go making up stupid shit.

... Not even a facepalm can sum up how I feel... a facedesk seems more appropriate right now.

*facedesk*

Geezus, I'm pretty neutral to this entire thing, and I still think this is saddest thing I've seen yet.  Some people just really like being pissy and angry over the littlest of things don't they?

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

I thought the gameplay was clumsy and not at all interesting. Everything about it was incredibly dull, so no, I wouldn't say it counts as "solid" from my perspective.

Are you a fan of this genre? What would you say your favourite action game is? :)

and re: the petition. It'd be a lot easier to take it seriously if more than 8 people had signed it. Pretty dumb regardless tho.

I'm not gonna lie. I was kinda expecting that petition to be about that whole abortion thing I've been hearing about....the actual thing I read though....1st world problem x 10000. This makes America look like a joke.

Are you a fan of this genre? What would you say your favourite action game is? smile.png

Though I've never beaten DMC3 or 4, I had a ton of fun playing them with all the time I had. In fact, I'd go so far as to call Angelo Credo my favorite boss from any game; that fight was really something else.

I loved what I played of the Metal Gear Rising demo, though the lack of lock-on was irksome (or maybe I didn't find the button?). I did, however, see in trailers and gameplay that the lock-on is indeed there, so I was either doing something wrong or it's unlocked later. 

I don't know if Muramasa counts, but if so, that game was absolutely amazing.

I won't say that I'm a master of the genre or anything, but I've played enough to know that I really love the genre when I see it done right.

I'm not gonna lie. I was kinda expecting that petition to be about that whole abortion thing I've been hearing about....the actual thing I read though....1st world problem x 10000. This makes America look like a joke.

The thing is basically the Anti-Christ, so I don't know why people are blowing it so out of goddamn proportion. Though the real issue is that apparently some have been saying the scene is played for laughs. It most certainly is not.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I was expecting a "Buy Sonic 1 on release instead" like of petition...but this surpases it by miles XD.

I think that "Fanboys May Cry" would have been a better title for the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

So wait. People petition this....but not Duke Nukem Forever? And people wonder why I continue to laugh at the trolls and butthurt fans.

You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure those online presidential petitions never existed through its entire development period, and even the time until 3DRealms / Gearbox stopped supporting it. Even if they did, it's not terribly surprising - DNF is not so much offensive as it is bland and mediocre, and even less worth stirring up a fuss over.

It didn't have pregnant ladies getting sniped in the cunt either, though the "You're fucked" line in the Aliens ripoff chapter admittedly comes close.