Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

Once a series has gotten a reboot, it never gone back to its old ways.

*Cough*BombermanActZero*Cough*

Oh, and by the way, this game's sales are dropping, fast. It's no longer in the top spot in the UK. If Capcom had sense, they'd realize making a DmC2 would be a bad idea, because this game hasn't even remotely reached their expectations.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, correction. Expect a few (probably a teaspoon full of) franchises, they never go back from a reboot. And for a series of DmC, I don't think they'll ever go back. It's pretty clear that Capcom are tired of the old Dante.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Okay, correction. Expect a few (probably a teaspoon full) of franchises, they never go back from a reboot. And for a series of DmC, I don't think they'll ever go back. It's pretty clear that Capcom are tired of the old Dante.

That remains to be seen. Capcom have been going nuts with getting western studios to handle their franchises (Dead Rising 2, RE: Operation Raccoon City, Lost Planet 3, this game) mainly because they're trying to appeal to western markets better that way. If anything, this game simply exists because they're trying to make more money, and it backfired spectacularly.

Capcom of Japan in a nutshell as of late (and considering the source material of the image, Konami works too):

ShoopDoop.png

Edited by Masaru Daimon

That remains to be seen. Capcom have been going nuts with getting western studios to handle their franchises (Dead Rising 2, RE: Operation Raccoon City, Lost Planet 3, this game) mainly because they're trying to appeal to western markets better that way. If anything, this game simply exists because they're trying to make more money, and it backfired spectacularly.

Yes, but if Capcom liked the old Dante so much, they would have kept him and forced Ninja Theory to use that old Dante design. I just can't see Capcom going back to the old Dante. They are a stubborn company which most of the time, don't listen to fans. They definitely didn't listen about this game.

So as I said, if there is going to be a DmC 2 the new Dante will be used, but probably with DMC3/4 gameplay. Or ditch the entire franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Costume DLC dropped today for PSN and XBLA. I was thinking of getting it though I am not sure. Anyways still waiting on Bloody Palace to come out (and definitely looking forward to Vergil's Downfall next month!) Right now I am working on getting all SSS for all missions and then I will be doing a Hell and Hell playthrough to fully 100% the game. I already got all Keys and Lost Souls + Secret Missions. Wooo man even with all that done I am still having a great time with the game and I love it alot. If they make a DmC 2 that would be pretty sweet!

They rebooted the DmC series. It's done now, they'll never go back to the old Dante. Once a series has gotten a reboot, it never gone back to its old ways.

You only thing you have to hope for is that in DmC 2, the game will play like DMC3/4 with the new Dante.

Prince of Persia 2008

Prince of Perisa: Warrior Within

Mortal Kombat(Mortal Kombat 9 was pretty much a beckoning to the old games)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Turok

Castlevania

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Really? 

I think Vergil said it best.

Edit: Fuck it. I'm just getting started.

Superman Returns

Godzilla 3 times over

Quantum of Solace to Skyfall. Watch those two movies and tell me that they kept it the same!

Edited by turbojet

Really? Sonic 2006 had the similar/same models, music cues and artwork compared to Sonic Adventure? Or any other Sonic game before it? lol?

I can't check and compare the other franchises because I haven't played at least more than 1 of their games, but I'm sure some of the games you mentioned is like what I said above.

> Game's sales completely tank

> Capcom probably going to kill the franchise as a result

> Expected out of ten

The most disappointing part of this for me is the fact that Shitty Not Dante is probably going to replace Dante in guest appearances and promotional art, like in Playstation All Stars. Damn shame, really.

Hmm, I actually experienced the opposite. As in, I didn't notice Dante appearing outside his own franchise, until DmC was announced. And every time, it was the original. The first being him and Trish in Marvel vs Capcom 3, and later, with Virgil in Ultimate. As well as in Project X Zone, alongside Lady.

I later learned he also appeared on the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe and the PSP version of Red Hot Rumble. In Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne, and a cameo in Capcom Fighting Evolution and SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter DS.

The only exception seems to be Playstation All Stars, and I haven't even seen a screenshot of him. Since I have no interest in the game, I might never see him. Most, if not all the characters in the game, just don't appeal to me personally.

Yes, but if Capcom liked the old Dante so much, they would have kept him and forced Ninja Theory to use that old Dante design. I just can't see Capcom going back to the old Dante. They are a stubborn company which most of the time, don't listen to fans. They definitely didn't listen about this game.

So as I said, if there is going to be a DmC 2 the new Dante will be used, but probably with DMC3/4 gameplay. Or ditch the entire franchise.

I'm as pessimistic as the next guy, but I don't like to force that upon others. I don't really want to bring everybody down to my way of thinking. You are right about Capcom, and I remember seeing the article that mentioned making Ninja Theory be more creative with his design. But I'm sure that same article said something revealing about the DMC franchise and it's future. I'm not sure where to find the article I read about this, it was some time ago.

But I'm sure it went something like this: "We aren't asking you to make DMC5, and we don't need you too." Capcom to Ninja Theory.

Hmm, I actually experienced the opposite. As in, I didn't notice Dante appearing outside his own franchise, until DmC was announced. And every time, it was the original. The first being him and Trish in Marvel vs Capcom 3, and later, with Virgil in Ultimate. As well as in Project X Zone, alongside Lady.

I later learned he also appeared on the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe and the PSP version of Red Hot Rumble. In Shin Megami Tensai: Nocturne, and a cameo in Capcom Fighting Evolution and SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter DS.

The only exception seems to be Playstation All Stars, and I haven't even seen a screenshot of him. Since I have no interest in the game, I might never see him. Most, if not all the characters in the game, just don't appeal to me personally.

All those games (sans Project X Zone and PSAS) were released or at least in production before DmC was ever announced, there was no "Donte" to replace the original yet.

Really? Sonic 2006 had the similar/same models, music cues and artwork compared to Sonic Adventure? Or any other Sonic game before it? lol?

I can't check and compare the other franchises because I haven't played at least more than 1 of their games, but I'm sure some of the games you mentioned is like what I said above.

SEGA considered it a reboot until they retconned the game out of the canon (Crisis City in Generations doesn't count)

As expected, Yahtzee tore this game to shreds. That guy is not a forgiving reviewer. The only compliment he actually paid the game, the aesthetic, was quickly undermined when he made the point about having levels that consist of nothing but floating islands over an empty void.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

He recommended it. LOL. 

Amusingly sometime today the PC version of this game got patched. I'm not sure entirely what was changed but at the very least they have added some style degradation between the ranks of S-SSS, making SSS much harder to maintain.

There's probably something else, but I can't tell. Maybe the boss AI glitch? I think I might try demon dodge-trinity smash to see if it still makes the grading system shit itself. 

He recommended it. LOL.

The ending implied that because of how easy the game was and how stupid the bosses are, it wasn't an actual recommendation ("Thank Christ I almost thought the boat was sea-worthy").

His review is actually pretty similar to his DMC4 review, only a lot more critical about the game's general attitude and the bosses.

Which means what exactly? The man has established he can't even to the pause combos, so why take him as an authority on this game, or the genre, one way or another?

The middle section talking about the combat implies he had fun with it at the least, though 

• Thumbs Up 1

If it was clearly overstated that him comboing didn't matter because of how easy it was, why shouldn't it matter?

I didn't exactly expect a negative review really. He enjoyed the core elements of Bayonetta and DMC4, no reason he wouldn't enjoy this either.

That review was actually entertaining. If all reviewers tried to be witty and entertaining, like he was, I might actually give a damn what they say. But they don't, so I don't. Anyway, it would take more than that for me to actually care what reviewers say. I got sick of their bitching over Sonic, back when the Gamecube was new. I haven't listened to them since and am happier because of it.

Which means what exactly? The man has established he can't even to the pause combos, so why take him as an authority on this game, or the genre, one way or another?

Are you asking Carbo that? Because he never said the guy should be taken as an authority on anything.

Anyway, I came back here because I wanted to ask something. Has anybody else heard talk of UK gamers buying the game simply because it's from a UK developer?

I read something like that at a random place that wasn't worth remembering. The very idea didn't sit well with me. I would've liked to have met the person who thought of this idea, so I could laugh in there face. Because we (The British) aren't capable of being patriotic. We just don't care. I've observed it in many aspects of our lives. The only time they do seem to care, is when over paid, grown men, start playing with there balls. And most people who watch that stuff seem to be drunk anyway. *shrugs*

Are you asking Carbo that? Because he never said the guy should be taken as an authority on anything.

Anyway, I came back here because I wanted to ask something. Has anybody else heard talk of UK gamers buying the game simply because it's from a UK developer?

I read something like that at a random place that wasn't worth remembering. The very idea didn't sit well with me. I would've liked to have met the person who thought of this idea, so I could laugh in there face. Because we (The British) aren't capable of being patriotic. We just don't care. I've observed it in many aspects of our lives. The only time they do seem to care, is when over paid, grown men, start playing with there balls. And most people who watch that stuff seem to be drunk anyway. *shrugs*

Not in the slightest, DmC was #1 on the UK chart during the first week but that's because it was the only relevant big budget title to be released. Those sales were still far less than the first week sales of any of the previous DMC games and it dropped by over 60% in the second week.

So, going over my funds and found out that buying this meant I can't get Revengeance at launch. And you know what? I'm pretty ok with that because, this game is damn fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, going over my funds and found out that buying this meant I can't get Revengeance at launch. And you know what? I'm pretty ok with that because, this game is damn fun.

I am actually debating getting revegeance or not, you see it actually has nothing to do with the game itself which I thought the demo was freaking kick-ass, just some other games that are coming out in February that I might wanna get too. So I am kinda jaded on my decision. Hm I dunno I might get it. We'll see, Dead Space 3 looks real good and since I enjoyed the last 2.......ahhhhhhhhh! Decisions, decisions! I'll be honest though I don't think I can ever get tired of DmC. It's too kick-ass.

Edited by Urban Flow

Lol Yahtzee. Nobody should take his reviews seriously ever and just watch them as a form of entertainment. He slams so many games and is such a hilariously bitter but witty motherfeifer that honestly I find his opinion easy to disregard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I don't see how this is anything to put into consideration when Yahtzee will probably do the same damn thing to MGR: Revengence, so...

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm going to try and find a cheap copy of this on Friday, I've never had any interest in the DMC series, but controversial games intrigue me. 

Lol Yahtzee. Nobody should take his reviews seriously ever and just watch them as a form of entertainment. He slams so many games and is such a hilariously bitter but witty motherfeifer that honestly I find his opinion easy to disregard.

I suppose that means I should ignore his vague recommendation of the game then, and that him overstating flaws means his opinion shouldn't be taken seriously.