Awoo.

DmC: a new Devil May Cry

CrownSlayers Shadow

So wait. People petition this....but not Duke Nukem Forever? And people wonder why I continue to laugh at the trolls and butthurt fans.

I've been watching this entire debacle from afar, and I have to ask: How exactly is a mediocre game attempting to modernize its franchise with genre trends that were current throughout its ridiculous development time significantly equatable to a good one that's completely rebooting itself and doesn't care about dissenting opinion in that regard?

It seems like DmC has put itself in an interesting position. The blatant flippancy from the developer towards the fanbase, controversial redesigns and shocking story points, yet the better-than-expected gameplay has created a unique miasma of contradictions and high-running emotions that it's difficult to compare it to any other game and claim hypocrisy in that regard.

And I thought Sonic fans had a stupid moment when a faction of the fandom decided to buy Sonic 1 in protest of Sonic 4. Looks like the anti-DmC fans managed to do the impossible top the Sonic fandom as one of the most broken bases known, and in record time.

Personally, if this was a petition about getting rid of the entire DMC/DmC series, I would have signed it. :mellow:

• Thumbs Up 1

And then there was that one time when some idiot asked the President of the United States to pull the game from shelves.

screen-shot-2013-01-22-at-63343-am.png

This is just embarassing. If you don't like something, criticize it. Don't support it. Don't go making up stupid shit.

People have been abusing the petition thing since the past election. There have been petitions to get Obama to bring his "real" birth certificate, remove Jerry Jones from his ownership of the Cowboys, asking Kanye West and Kim Kardashian to be deported, and,my favorite, getting rid of BET.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you a fan of this genre? What would you say your favourite action game is? smile.png

and re: the petition. It'd be a lot easier to take it seriously if more than 8 people had signed it. Pretty dumb regardless tho.

honestly, its kind of saddening that anybody signed this petition at all.

Man the voice in this game is awesome. Talking about the voice that controls limbo AKA the voice that screams the styles/ranks during combat and at the end of the mission tally up. It's so awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Forbes weighs in on the "entitled" defense.

In addition, the first comment under said article:

I haven’t played the newest DmC, nor am I a fan of the series. What I do find strange about all of this is the insistence that fans of the old games lose nothing because the franchise took a new direction. They absolutely lose something–new games that occupied a niche they adored.

They have the old games still, that’s true. But it’s ridiculous to say that those old games will be enough. If old games that were to our taste were enough, then we would never have to buy new games. The industry should just pack their bags and we can all play the handful of games we liked! It’s a ridiculous notion because one can only play the same games for so long before they need a new installment (or something entirely new). If that wasn’t true, we wouldn’t have so many installments per popular franchise.

By many accounts, the new DmC is pretty good. I believe them, it’s probably a good game. But the fans of the old DMC absolutely have a right to mourn the loss of their favorite franchise–because the games they adored are the last of their kind, and something unfamiliar has replaced it. They’re sad not because the new DmC is different, they’re sad because it means there will be no more old-style DMC games.

It’s really not enough that the new game is good, it’s just not the same for the fans of the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

A right we may have, that still doesn't excuse the neg-reping of the user reviews or the stupid ass petition to vocalize their dislike along with other lame attempts to demonize this game.

The moral for people hating the game?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Man the voice in this game is awesome. Talking about the voice that controls limbo AKA the voice that screams the styles/ranks during combat and at the end of the mission tally up. It's so awesome.

"COME CLOSER"....

"KILL DANTE...!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I just beat the game on Son Of Sparda, moving onto Dante Must Die! Man this time around its even crazier. Enemies attack twice as quick then last playthrough and shit gets real haha xD. Loving it.

I thought Son of Sparda got pretty real when it's spawning gat damn Dream Runners and Ghost Rages in the second mission.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought Son of Sparda got pretty real when it's spawning gat damn Dream Runners and Ghost Rages in the second mission.

If there is one enemy I do really hate its that bitch who can create a shield in the shape of a sphere. Though one cool thing about it, is that I use the demon chain to use one of the 3 or 4 swords she spawns against her and it breaks her concentration also disabling the other swords. Gives me a good time to kick her ass. Really neat how they allow you to do that.

Edited by Urban Flow

If there is one enemy I do really hate its that bitch who can create a shield in the shape of a sphere. Though one cool thing about it, is that I use the demon chain to use those one of the 3 or 4 swords she spawns  against her and it breaks her concentration also disabling the other swords. Gives me a good time to kick her ass. Really neat how they allow you to do that.

I had no idea you could do that, devil bringer style. I used to just parry them with prop/shredder

• Thumbs Up 1

I had no idea you could do that, devil bringer style. I used to just parry them with prop/shredder

Yeah its cool how you can parry pretty much any projectile in this game. I also like the inclusion of the air dodging and being able to dodge without actually moving to another side. You pretty much double-tap either of the evade buttons in mid-air and he does a back flip dodge which cancels any projectiles trying to hit you from a still position. This really useful when you are knee-deep in a combo and don't wanna break complete momentum by either having to move right or left; while those pesky flying demon babies try to shoot ya down.

Edited by Urban Flow

It should be noted that Witches are vulnerable to Round Trip too. It tears through their shield and stuns them.

Definitely, I use this technique alot. Also, I love the upgrade to the prop shredder. It just so sick; Continuously rotating the scythe grants more damage too I usually like finishing off enemies with that move.

Edited by Urban Flow

I still think, as blasphemous as it may be to say, that the reason DmC Is not doing as well as DMC4 is because the fourth kind of poisoned the well when it comes to this series.