Awoo.

goku262002

I believe that somehow by the end of Korra's series we will see  her connect again to the other avatars.

I figure that could happen too, but I can see how some would find that an ass-pull since it'll contradict the whole 'change and how to cope with it' the next season implies with it being called 'Book 3: Change.'

At the very least, it means Korra isn't OP anymore. In fact, she's pretty inefficient with the other elements outside of the Avatar state so yea, she's in for some trouble.

To be honest it seems that the writers want to move away from using the other avatars. Look at Book 1. Korra couldn't connect to any other avatar other than Aang. And if I'm correct this season she only connected to Wan.

And to be honest the only avatar I would miss seeing again is Aang and Wan.

What about Iroh.......oh wait.

Actually, Roku was a pretty good avatar as well. And with the character development he had during the Aang series, I would want him to return. Then again, if we get OLD MAN ZUKO, I would not care. Season 2 was so much better than season one just because Iroh showed up. Sorry. I'm an Iroh fanboy. Something about that character was just perfect to me. 

I will bet Episode 1 of Book three they get back together

That sounds nice, but surely we'll get a season's worth of glorious love triangles, spats and whatnot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Wow this thread has been dead for a while. This show must have wowed so many people that they're speechless!

I finally finished Avatar: The Last Airbender

You all know by now how much I fucking love Okami's writing, presentation, and story, right? It's been trumped. Avatar is one of the most well-written, well-paced, well-characterized, well-developed story I've had the pleasure of watching.

But all throughout watching it, one thing kept popping into my mind

"What the fuck does Korra have to do with ANY of this?"

Short answer: It doesn't.

Long answer: Bending isn't something people just automatically know how to do. They have to practice and practice and practice.

Aang started out only knowing airbending, and had to overcome internal obsticles to learn the other 3. Korra started out knowing waterbending, earthbending, and firebending out of nowhere

Korra implies that the Lionturtles are what taught people to use all the elements. Okay, I guess the Flying Bison, Badgermoles, Dragons, and the Moon just suddenly don't exist.

Korra implies Bloodbending is something you have to be born with. It's not? It's something you have to teach yourself how to do just like anyone else. Also the implications of the climax of season 1 is that Bloodbending no longer exists since the last 2 died. "Oh shit we forgot Katara can do that too"

It tries to act like it's a sequel by throwing in elements from ATLA, and executes all of them in ways that make no sense.

Honestly, I'm not sure I even want to watch season 3 anymore. None of the characters are as relatable to as the original cast, and it isn't even on the same level, let alone same scale of quality.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's surprising they're both written by the same people considering how flawed it is to it's predecessor.

Korra doesn't really feel like a sequel, but more like a spin off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a stretch that was a young girl she was mimicking techniques she had seen in action, and even then the stuff she was doing was pretty basic. Aang was a natural at Waterbending, after all.

As for the lion turtle thing, I was confused about that too, but someone reminded me that the lion turtle only handed the humans the power to bend. The techniques were developed through watching the different animals and the moon. You can even see Wan mimicking the Dragon to create a Firebending technique in Beginnings.

The Bloidbending thing was a bit less clear though. It's not just any old Bloodbending. It's superpowered psychic bloodbending, which is still kind of bullshit, but it's based off combustion man and his mind firebending from the original series, which was also really powerful and kind of bullshit.

I don't have an excuse for the SIGNIFICANT drop in the quality of the writing, but the connections to the original make sense for the most part. Still, Legend of Korra was plenty of other reasons.

I think they shot themselves in the foot trying to make everything self contained because now there really isn't an overarching theme like in the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this thread has been dead for a while. This show must have wowed so many people that they're speechless!

I finally finished Avatar: The Last Airbender

You all know by now how much I fucking love Okami's writing, presentation, and story, right? It's been trumped. Avatar is one of the most well-written, well-paced, well-characterized, well-developed story I've had the pleasure of watching.

But all throughout watching it, one thing kept popping into my mind

"What the fuck does Korra have to do with ANY of this?"

Short answer: It doesn't.

Long answer: Bending isn't something people just automatically know how to do. They have to practice and practice and practice.

Aang started out only knowing airbending, and had to overcome internal obsticles to learn the other 3. Korra started out knowing waterbending, earthbending, and firebending out of nowhere

Korra implies that the Lionturtles are what taught people to use all the elements. Okay, I guess the Flying Bison, Badgermoles, Dragons, and the Moon just suddenly don't exist.

Korra implies Bloodbending is something you have to be born with. It's not? It's something you have to teach yourself how to do just like anyone else. Also the implications of the climax of season 1 is that Bloodbending no longer exists since the last 2 died. "Oh shit we forgot Katara can do that too"

It tries to act like it's a sequel by throwing in elements from ATLA, and executes all of them in ways that make no sense.

Honestly, I'm not sure I even want to watch season 3 anymore. None of the characters are as relatable to as the original cast, and it isn't even on the same level, let alone same scale of quality.

I saw this on my phone but thought that writing it on pc would be best. The part you say that the implications was the bloodbending no longer exist. I know its nitpicking but Katara knows how to do it but refuses to use it. so technically it did die until another water bender learns it. and about the lionturtles. I know this was stated in the statuses but the moon,etc taught the people how to use it but the lionturtles gave the people the ablility to use it in the first place.

and about korra knowing the other 3 elements already, since she and aang are the avatar they have the ability to use it they just need to train to obtain it. like how aang started to fire bend before learning water bending and how he caught on quick to the basics of water bending. Korra could have easily know airbending too but like season 1 showed it was tough and hot-headed which is totally opposite of an airbender who is passive and calm.

I could understand that with earth, but fire? Water's opposing element? How the hell did she learn that without help?

Which is another thing: Let's say she did learn by example like Wraith pointed out. Since when do Firebenders and Earthbenders live in the Southern Water Tribe? And being the Avatar doesn't excuse it. Both Roku and Aang had to be taught the elements.

I could understand that with earth, but fire? Water's opposing element? How the hell did she learn that without help?

Which is another thing: Let's say she did learn by example like Wraith pointed out. Since when do Firebenders and Earthbenders live in the Southern Water Tribe? And being the Avatar doesn't excuse it. Both Roku and Aang had to be taught the elements.

Ravva the spirit holds all of the elements. I assume you havrnt seen season 2. Also those bendets don't live there. Like tenzin was going to do. The masters relocated to the south to train the avatar

The masters relocated to the south to train the avatar

Finally someone brings it up.

This basically, the first episode was Korra passing her Fire Bending exam and graduating to being a master. she was being trained by the white lotus who could easily bring masters from all over to train the avatar.

Really Goomy, I'd go and do some research if I were you allot of the stuff you complained about was already explained about.

I think he was referring to Korra having control of 3 of the elements as a little girl, guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he was referring to Korra having control of 3 of the elements as a little girl, guys.

Goomy asked why thre were earth benders in the south

"It's not a stretch that was a young girl she was mimicking techniques she had seen in action"

I was talking about this. Where would a Southern Water Tribe girl see Earthbenders and Firebenders?

Really Goomy, I'd go and do some research if I were you allot of the stuff you complained about was already explained about.

I marathoned Korra and just recently marathoned ATLA. I'm not sure what more I could possibly do. Should I hold an interview with thwriters? My uncle works at Nickelodeon!

"It's not a stretch that was a young girl she was mimicking techniques she had seen in action"I was talking about this. Where would a Southern Water Tribe girl see Earthbenders and Firebenders?I marathoned Korra and just recently marathoned ATLA. I'm not sure what more I could possibly do. Should I hold an interview with thwriters? My uncle works at Nickelodeon!

Michael Dimartino is married to my cousin. Ill tell him to give u a call.

Being serious now, i would recommend going to avatar wiki. This site helped me understand jinora's purpose in the finale of book 2

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_mwhdarZ4ef1shyazao3_r1_500.png

Book 3 info/rumor dump time.

The Legend of Korra Book 3: Change Facts and Rumor Roundup

Hopefully to curb any misinformation, here is everything we know about Book 3:

Book 3 is called Change. source

Book 3 will be the first 13 episodes of season 2 (season 1 comprised of Book 1 with 12 episodes and Book 2 with 14).

Studio Mir will animate ALL of Book 3 (and 4).

Book 3 begins a “few weeks” after the events of Book 2. source

Metalbending Police chief Lin Beifong and her family will play a large role; "We’ve got great stuff planned for Lin and her family. It’s not right away, so don’t be mad if it doesn’t happen right away. Book 2, for the Lin fans…she’s not very heavily featured in Book 2, BUT, very heavily featured in Book 3" - Bryke during a book signing. source

Thematically, Book 3 is about "Korra dealing with the change of the world in this point in time. At the end of Book 2 she says it’s a new era. And it really is and we’re going to show how Harmonic Convergence and her battle with Unalaq and Vaatu kind of shifted the world a bit." source

Grey DeLisle, who voiced Azula in ATLA and the scorpion spirit in the Korra Book 2 finale, will be voicing a "bad girl" in Book 3. This character will NOT be a firebender (and not necessarily evil or a villain). She will also play a waterbender who is now speculated to be this character. source

The giant vines Vaatu created in Republic City are still there and spirits now roam them!

Some stills

tumblr_mmxkrpAcrh1rptk5lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_myu6y4GDlH1rptk5lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mz7r6cvuPx1rptk5lo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mziven0oFz1rptk5lo1_500.png

tumblr_mzxcagtNfD1rptk5lo1_500.jpg

Book 3 Production Progress

All voice acting has likely been completed.

The first four episodes’ “Take 1 animation” has been completed. 

Post-production is underway. 

Many stills are being posted by Bryan, indicating that Book 3 will be here within a matter of months.
Bryan Konietzko: “The premiere date hasn’t been pinned down, but we are on track to airing Book 3 with

MUCH less of a wait than the unfortunate one there was before Book 2 aired.

For other misc stuff.

Bryan has confirmed the current reigning monarch of the Earth Kingdom is an Earth Queen. Given that Book 3 is supposed to focus on Lin, many people have interpreted this together as an indication that the Earth Kingdom will be featured and this Earth Queen will appear in Book 3. Also they're getting to work on Book 4 as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 episodes, I see. Hopefully, they've finally adapted their pacing skills to such shorter numbers than ATLA, as the last two books certainly said otherwise.

Is that a shot of MOTHERFUCKING BA SING SEI?

Where did that come from?

I think it's just fan made, given that Zuko and iron appear to be in the middle of the shot.

And here we go once again, feels like not too long ago we were talking about Season 2 pre-release talk.

Anyways, hopefully they talk about how Korra is handling all of her past selves including aang being gone for good, honestly I hope her powers are stunted a bit by it too.

So goku, feel like correctly predicting plot points again?rolleyes.gifwink.png

• Thumbs Up 3