Awoo.

goku262002

Concerning the fact that chibi Korra already had the basic Waterbending, Earthbending, and Firebending skills down, I felt like that was due to Aang's presence in the world.

Disappearing for a century while the planet was at war that started out with a bang with the Air Nomad Genocide left the people hoping the Avatar would return. Then ending the war, and then introducing a unification program with the Fire Lord by constructing Republic City, would possibly leave some people a little cautious as to how it would work out.

Aang also maintained a public image with the people that Roku, possibly Kyoshi, and certainly Yangchen didn't. Severing his own connection with his past lives at the end of the The Promise kinda left him no choice. The world was changing, so was he, and so was the people's connection to the Avatar. The Avatar was really a person, not just an icon.

So when Aang finally did pass away, it's not unreasonable to think that people would want to hurriedly find the new Avatar. With a war in recent memory and a unification program still underway (which had the added con of introducing a schism between benders and non-benders) that involved the Avatar on a close level, the people would think that having the identity of the Avatar asap would help before things possibly go south once again.

So, families of the North and South Water Tribes could have access to scrolls and instructions of the other elements for their new children to try out at a new age. That way, they can see who was their next Avatar, and subsequently cut a lot of corners, grief, and worry over who the next one is.

tl;dr: I blame cultural integration.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

A season 3 trailer is leaking about, atm this is all Retro and myself could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJiCf03UWQ

Also, found this interesting:

So The Search: Part 3 has been out for a while, and HQ scans are available for reading online. Like, literally a Google search away.

I'm glad they don't just give the mystery a happy conclusion, it really adds more depth to what happened. But Jesus H. Christ on a stick, Ursa comes in with a close second as most neglectful parent during Zuko and Azula's upbringing by choosing to voluntarily forget about their existence in exchange for starting a new family with her true love. Still, nice to shed some light on how Ozai treated Zuko the way he did not because he wasn't his son (he was), but simply for the sake of spiting Ursa. Also, kudos to Aang referencing Escape from the Spirit World when talking about Koh.

Azula_breaks_in.png

Seriously? Who thought it would be a good idea leaving Sokka to guard against an ambush by Azula?

Anyways, the next series of books is set to start next month.

The_Rift_Part_1_cover.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it okay to talk about the Search without using spoilers yet?

Someone think's they've found a certain someone in that trailer. I spoiled it just in case people want to be surprised.

People are thinking the guy riding that dragon is Zuko based on this screencap.

tumblr_n12tx06El01rf2fvso2_500.jpg

depends, I cross-posted that but if Part 3 came out anywhere near 2 months ago then its best to put it in spoiler tags, if its after 2 months then go nuts. don't think anyone here is paying too much to the comic anyways.

• 3 months later...

So is this gonna be the final season of Korra? Cause I'm kinda sick of these characters. Season 2 was really disappointing IMO. Except for "Beginnings", that was awesome.

So is this gonna be the final season of Korra? Cause I'm kinda sick of these characters. Season 2 was really disappointing IMO. Except for "Beginnings", that was awesome.

There are Season's 3 and 4.

So is this gonna be the final season of Korra? Cause I'm kinda sick of these characters.

Hold your tongue!

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow. Was season 2 really that hated? I thought I enjoyed it, except for the "fuck you Asami" moments, but still enjoyed it. I'm honestly looking forward to the next seasons, hopefully they'll be better.

I'm also looking forward to Season 3 and I like Korra despite her initial hiccups in Season 2, so

put me down on the underdog list

My big problem is how aside from Beginnings, they never truly captured what made the original series so awesome. I know this one is meant to be darker and everything, but the characters for the most part just weren't as charming. That episode where Korra and Mako broke up was horribly written for example. Korra became downright hateable in Season 2. So much bitching at everyone for no real reason. I know she's hot-headed and has trouble leading with the pressure of being the Avatar, but there's a limit, that doesn't excuse breaking Mako's desk even though he did nothing wrong. It's like the writers were trying to make me like Mako by making Korra awful in comparison.

These images perfecly describe it:

tumblr_mu9gy7G16n1saoexeo1_500.png
tumblr_mu9gy7G16n1saoexeo2_500.png

• Thumbs Up 6

We could at least give Season 3 a chance to fix up their hiccups at least. If it doesn't, you don't have to bother with Season 4.

I just love seeing how this series grows, despite its hiccups.

Yeah, I enjoyed Korra despite its issues as well. Really curious to see what stuff is going to go down this season?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh boy. Season 3 pictures incoming.

A8qGYU7.png

MZDmSp9.png

zUTjadK.png

New kid's an Airbender.

KVAHg0N.pngZUKO

4cAozLO.png

5FPilBm.png

f8IVf0S.pngTwins!

gZJxJ1A.png

Mako and Bolin's grandmother.

VYmPBor.png

KWU79bV.png

L9NnMcI.jpg SPARKY-SPARKY BOOM MA'AM.

Of particular notice concerning one of the pictures:

In season 3 we are introduced to Mako and Bolin's grandmother, whom they actually have never seen before.

Their uncle introduces them as "Your grandmother Jin."

tumblr_inline_n6tuxqoAIU1r525wt.png

As in, this Jin.

tumblr_inline_n6tuxknNhB1r525wt.png

It is lovely how all of Avatar world is connected in some way.

• Thumbs Up 8

Nickelodeon's Latin America site leaked a few episodes online yesterday, so it's been a field day for the fanbase and leakers.

Just watched all four of the leaked episodes. Never got acquainted with the spanish dub but it is pretty good. I can pretty much sum up Season 3 so far as better than both past seasons. The characters, the bending, and the plot points are all a big step up. I nearly shed a tear at episode 6, which was definitely the best episode. It's just really, really, good.  Although, since the first two episodes weren't available, the airbending plot point as well the the villain's motivation (i'll keep this vauge due to spoilers) are a bit confusing at the moment. I'll just have to wait it out for when these episodes actually air in full, but I wouldn't say it was a bad deterrent.

I was definitely pleasantly surprised. I actually can't wait to watch Avatar again.

...I think we might know who Toph's husband was.

tumblr_n6u5mzvwoa1r1wdggo2_1280.jpg

THIS is Toph's other daughter. Lin's sister.

and...

tumblr_n6u5mzvwoa1r1wdggo1_400.jpg

Is it just me or...?

...I think we might know who Toph's husband was.

tumblr_n6u5mzvwoa1r1wdggo2_1280.jpg

THIS is Toph's other daughter. Lin's sister.

and...

tumblr_n6u5mzvwoa1r1wdggo1_400.jpg

Is it just me or...?

Oh my god SHUT UP, PLEASE SHUT UP

FUCK EVERYTHING

FUCK

STAY AWAY FROM TOPH!

Ohhkay, im calm now

• Thumbs Up 1

Her hair kinda looks like that character that was recently introduced in the comics actually.

Oh my god SHUT UP, PLEASE SHUT UP

FUCK EVERYTHING

FUCK

STAY AWAY FROM TOPH!

Ohhkay, im calm now

I'm not seeing a problem here

• Thumbs Up 3