Awoo.

goku262002

You can't be serious.

I don't think I'm that far off the mark in saying that Season 2 was wildly inconsistent with it's quality.

Season 2 didn't have quallity. Korra was a bitch, Mako was an idiot, Bolin was fucking painfully awful to watch, Tenzin's family antics didn't have anything to do with anything, and Asami was just... there.

I don't count Wan since that's what the series should have been to begin with.

These last four episodes don't even compared to the ass of shit that was the rest of this season.

Edited by Goomy
  • Thumbs Up 1

...well I liked it...good, bad, and all. =/

Really, the most heartrending thing of this finale was

The disconnect of the past Avatars.

And really, as much as I didn't like that, I kinda applaud for how bittersweet it was. At the same time, it opens a new path that allows for a growth we REALLY won't know how it would turn out in the future.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welp, time to marathon this shit.

EDIT: Holy shit those were some episodes...I have to process this.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

So crazy thought:

Before the Avatar there were weapons, with elements only used against spirits.

Then comes the Avatar and in addition to weapons, we have elemental combat and war.

Now with things as they are, what are the chances of potential war with spirits? Or even using spirits as WMDs?

Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself.

I haven't seen the finale yet but Wan, Jinora ( sort of ) and Uncle Iroh were the highlights of this season for me.

guys

Why the FUCK did Korra leave the spirit portal open?

Literally every problem in this season is caused by the spirit portals BEING OPEN

The spirits are fucking jackasses who hate humans. How will this end well in anyway

I just don't fucking get it.

OK, so those episodes were pretty awesome. It would have been more exciting had Unalaq been a more interesting villain, but it was still an epic finish to a relatively iffy season.  Although..

..what? Jinora? Oh, so we're not going to address that now?

And lol, treating Asami like shit again. Why is she still a part of the show? At least the annoying brothers served a purpose beyond punching bags at the end.

Plotholing and douchebaggery aside, what happened to 'The Dark Spirit' played by Grey DeLisle?

Was it just that spider/scorpion spirit that dragged Tenzin and co to the Fog of Lost Souls?

Edited by Pawn

Wasn't there supposed to be some "Dark Spirit" with the voice of Azula anyway?

guys

Why the FUCK did Korra leave the spirit portal open?

Literally every problem in this season is caused by the spirit portals BEING OPEN

The spirits are fucking jackasses who hate humans. How will this end well in anyway

I just don't fucking get it.

Technically it was because of Vaatu's influence, without him they can co-exist, which was partially the theme of this season.

So Uhh... Dafuq did I just watch?

I have to say, that was... Something else... I mean, there were some point where I thought I was watching something else, if you showed me the fight between Giant Cthulhu Unalaq and Giant Blue Korra when I first started watching this show, I'd laugh at your face, I'd still watch to figure HOW in the hell that happened, but it's still quite weird for me... And sorry, but am I the only one who felt they were ripping off Pony.MOV? I mean, seriously, Giant battle at the end out of nowhere and then the magical mcguffin(Jinora/That Sword) appears from the sky and thus with that the blue giant manages to destroy the evil spirit of chaos... Im not saying I didn't like it, at least at the end we saw why Unalaq was such big threat, don't get me wrong, but after Amon, I felt like this dude was nothing, at least until this finale, and holy shit was this crazy and epic at the same time... It gave me chills during most of it, and Its good that for once we had no Deus Ex Machina saving the day... Well... Kinda... Sorta... But hey, the only problem I have is that Korra lost her connection for good, so no more older Avatars coming back, including Aang... Just hope that doesn't mean they simply stopped existing.

But at the ending, while some people think that letting the portal oppened was a bad Idea, guys, when the first Avatar closed said portals, it was 10.000 years ago, times changed a lot, during those times spirits were arrogant and there was no avatar to keep peace between both worlds, now there's one, and it does feel like a new age, since Korra is the begining of a new cycle, and with that, just like Avatar Wan, the first of his own cycle closed the portals, she oppened them again, because she belives the time of spirits and humans living in peace has arrived. Overall I liked it, course, sometimes it got REALLY weird, but hey, at the end of the day, it was pretty epic, and it reminded me of Chaotic, so I'd give it some points for that, waiting for the next season, and lets hope this time they remember the things they learned on the last one >:U

Also gotta love how some of the first posts about these last episodes are all about the shipping.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man I feel that Jinora needed to be fleshed out more. It would have made her appearance in Giant Korra and Vaatu's fight a little more believable. I hope that next book Korra tries to see if she can reconnect with Aang or Wan. I mean its starting to look like a common theme between these two books since she has had problems connecting to them. I'll give more thoughts later 

edit: Since the spirit world portal is open I hope next book we see Uncle Iroh come out every once in a while.

Edited by Dreamy Luigi

You can bet on it, since

Vaatu's no longer in the tree and we're in a new cycle.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Wasn't Unalok in his "Dark Avatar state" when he was defeated? If the same rules apply then the Dark Avatar cycle ended before it could even begin.

>The North Pole Moon and Ocean spirits demonstrate that spirits can physically die if they decide to adorn physical forms in the material world.

>When the Avatar enters the Avatar State, it is effectively Raava who takes control of the mortal body. She BECOMES that mortal body.

>When the Avatar is killed while in the Avatar State, the cycle is broken and the Avatar ceases to exist.

It's amazing how such details can swing back in full force and be justified if its given some background.

It also justifies why Raava was able to come back - she was killed while she was extracted from Korra - aka, in her original spirit form. A form that is immortal and can always come back.

Really, had Vaatu and Unalaq decided to not be smug about it, cut corners, and just killed Korra outright, they would have won.

Anyone besides me have this nagging feeling that

Koh the Face Stealer is gonna be showing up in the future?

In the show, not the comics.

I really enjoyed the fact that Korra left the portals open and lost her past lives. Feels like we can get some interesting things going forward with this.

Also, was not expecting a Megazord fight.

All in all, I thought the season was pretty good. Started off kinda weak, but got a lot stronger starting with The Beginnings.

Do we know what Book 3 is called?

Edited by MarcelloF

Lmfao what the fuck was even with Jinora

Like seriously what the hell even was that?

It came right out of nowhere and...went right back into nowhere.

PLOT POINTS, yeah~

It was built up throughout the season and I STILL felt like it came from nowhere.

I still have no idea what she did, and how she did it.