Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Big the cat makes an appearance..Awesome!+1

Tracey Yardley back on covers...-1

I wonder what the hell Big could have to do with this story, unless he's just in the right place at the right time kind of plot character....saves the day and then is knighted by princess Sally!

Good to see that just like Sonic and SEGA ASR the comics aren't afraid to give characters that are well known for being "hated" amonst the Sonic community some spotlight. Go Big!

But of course. Then again these comics are like the only continuity of Sonic that still have Nack, Bean, Bark, Mighty, Ray, Heavy, and Bomb as characters that still appear.And I think Big love has gone up recently for some reason...

But of course. Then again these comics are like the only continuity of Sonic that still have Nack, Bean, Bark, Mighty, Ray, Heavy, and Bomb as characters that still appear.And I think Big love has gone up recently for some reason...

That is true. The comics are just about the only place I can get official Sonic merchandise of Nack,(and to a lesser extent Bean and Bark) goodness. However.......*Looks to Sonic 4 with hopefull eyes*

I'm hoping they eventually get around to a Nack the weasel arc in Sonic Universe!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, Tracey Yardley officially f'ed up. Just got Sonic Universe #13 and he screwed up Li Moon's tail, who now has a paintbrush tail. Probably wanted to make her a fox to jusitify Tails' boner he was getting(so looks like it in that panel).

Story looked pretty boring with Sally going emo and lots of chatter between the heroes and the spider queen. Which is why I have yet to read it in it's entirety. I'm guessing this is why they didn't push this arc in the main book.

I'm still trying to find a place that I can subscribe to so I can get them shipped over here in the UK for me...no luck though. :(

I still think the comic version of Sonic is some of the best artwork out there, and DEFINITELY the best use of the modern Sonic design. :)

I'm not sure what it is, but something about Lupe's face on that cover looks positively demonic.O_o Maybe it's the size of her mouth.

Just bought / read Sonic Universe 13 today. Quite confounded by the fact that it was entirely a comic of talking.

I do like the great lengths of years-past continuity tie-ins they do, though. Even though I'm a started-after-#200 n00b and have no idea who Uma Arachnis(?) was, it always impresses me that Ian Flynn cares about oldfags and keeps the present tied to the past.

Take a hint plz, Sonic game scriptwriters?

(Also I think Tails lieks Li Moon! ;) )

• Sonic News

Hey, a comic of talking is far better then a comic of nothing but fight scenes like he was doing a few years ago. People started complaining and he's changing it up, thankfully. I really enjoyed it.

Hey, a comic of talking is far better then a comic of nothing but fight scenes like he was doing a few years ago. People started complaining and he's changing it up, thankfully. I really enjoyed it.

...or a comic largely of blank panels, courtesy of everyone's favourite artist, Many Hands? :D

...or a comic largely of blank panels, courtesy of everyone's favourite artist, Many Hands? :D

Say what you will about the guy, but Many Hands makes white work.

...ohgodI'msosorry

I think the thing that bugs me the most about the Dragon Kingdom is that it isn't quite Japan, and it isn't quite China. It's just this "Place of vague Asian-ness." Then again, that does make it inherently weird, in a sense, so maybe it could grow on me.

DrIvoRobotnik.jpg

Hello Snively...

I have never considered myself a huge Eggman fan, but holy hell yes!

sth213.650.jpg

The only reason I would want to read this comic is because Big is in it, and that interests me.

• 2 weeks later...

You can read the preview in the link below, but be warned that the spoilers indside the issue pretty much give away the end results of the current arc:

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comic_sonic.asp

Archie_Sonic_Large.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG FCBD 2010 EDITION

Creative Team: (W) Ian Flynn (A) James Fry, Jim Amash

Publisher: ARCHIE COMICS

"Hide & Seek & DESTROY!": Dr. Eggman has vanished - or has he? As Sonic searches for clues, he stumbles across an old weapon from the bygone days of his childhood. Will Dr. Eggman allow Sonic to be destroyed by this threat from yesteryear? Will Sonic discover the truth behind his old rival's disappearance? All the answers lie in this free issue!

32pgs, FC

FREE!

SU #14 Preview:

sonicuniverse14c.jpg

sonicuniverse141.jpg

sonicuniverse142.jpg

sonicuniverse143.jpg

sonicuniverse144.jpg

sonicuniverse145.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #14

"Journey into the East Part Two: High Price for Rich Nights": Having endured a fierce battle with the Spider Ninjas last issue, Sonic and his friends must now face Bat Ninjas! While ambushes threaten around every corner, the intrepid heroes proceed on their journey to the temple under the firm resolves of Sally and Monkey Khan. Are these deadly skirmishes any match for the political chess games and machinations of war that lurk beneath the surface? The big picture gets even bigger in this issue that ties into this month's SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #211.

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley

Shipping Date: March 10th, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: March 17th, 2010

Newsstands: March 30th, 2010

32-page, full color comic

$2.50 US

Also, it's old, but #210:

sth210_0.jpg

sth210_1.jpg

sth210_2.jpg

sth210_3.jpg

sth210_4.jpg

sth210_5.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #210

"Home Invasion Part One": In the aftermath of the "Iron Dominion" saga, things are bleaker than ever for our heroes, as one after another is "legionized." Amy, Geoffrey St. John, Rotor and the others do their best to be brave in the face of impending doom. But Eggman, the Iron Queen and Snively aren't exactly seeing eye to eye, which may provide hope for our heroes. Not to mention the intrepid team of first-rank heroes waiting for the proper moment to swoop in like the cavalry! Ties into this month's SONIC UNIVERSE #13

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Steven Butler

Shipping Date: February 24th, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: March 3rd, 2010

Newsstands: March 16th, 2010

32-page, full color comic

$2.50 US

Edited by Megasponge

You can read the preview in the link below, but be warned that the spoilers indside the issue pretty much give away the end results of the current arc:

Archie_Sonic_Large.jpg

"Hide & Seek & DESTROY!": Dr. Eggman has vanished - or has he? As Sonic searches for clues, he stumbles across an old weapon from the bygone days of his childhood. Will Dr. Eggman allow Sonic to be destroyed by this threat from yesteryear? Will Sonic discover the truth behind his old rival's disappearance? All the answers lie in this free issue!

32pgs, FC

FREE!

Apparently Robotnik is showing some traits paralleling his gaming counterpart with his demeanor and attitude after snapping out of the brink of insanity.

"Not that he wasn't pretty to begin with! Ha!"

Says the unnaturally cobalt cyclops hedgehog. I hope Eggman goes El Gran Gordo on you and smashes you in the face with a folding chair in the next panel, if you know what ails ya'. :P

The only reason I would want to read this comic is because Big is in it, and that interests me.

Same. Nothing about this story's arc is appealing to me in the slightest, bad covers, bad storylines - but Big does interest me, the comics definitely need more Big.

Archie_Sonic_Large.jpg

32pgs, FC

FREE!

Ew. That has got to be the most plain/boring/crappy Free Comic Book Day cover to date. Really hating the cover artwork we've been getting lately.

I do like the inside of the FCBD comic though, nice flowing style, and I smirked pretty hard at that SU panel with Tails blowdrying a wet Sonic. (:S sexual inneundo) Whoever pencils Amy and the rest in #210 is pretty good too.

Apparently Robotnik is showing some traits paralleling his gaming counterpart with his demeanor and attitude after snapping out of the brink of insanity.

Oh man I hope not, the comic's incarnation of Robotnik was the last credible one I enjoyed, if they are bringing him even more inline with the games version after he reclaims his marbles then that's lame.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Meh, I know I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I'm actually glad the Iron Queen lasted as long as she has. I thought she would screw up the good impression I had of her when she usurped the title as head of the EE, but she's actually kept pretty stable.

I'd love to see Eggman return as much as the next person, but Regina actually makes a good replacement villain for the heroes to focus on while Eggman is putting his head back together. In a sense, she's more dangerous the Eggman since she can actually control every simple thing that runs on such advance technology, straight down to the nanites in New Mobotropolis and all without too much effort.

I honestly don't want to see her disposed of too easily or killed off at all. I'd atleast hope she ends up regressed as Eggman's sub-boss with the Eggman himself back incharge. But honestly, I was a bit doubtful how Eggman's replacement would be, but I'm actually enjoying how they've kept the story going with the new villainess.

Here's hoping she stays and appears in the future once she loses...who knows?

Wierd laugh is still wierd tho, but I guess that's one of her trademarks.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Oh man I hope not, the comic's incarnation of Robotnik was the last credible one I enjoyed, if they are bringing him even more inline with the games version after he reclaims his marbles then that's lame.

How so? How is that considered lame?

If I recall, Robotnik is an incredible villain still to this date.

Ask Ian had this:

Question #50 wrote:

Is Eggman's current bout of insanity in the comics part of a larger plan to bring his personality closer to the one he has in the Sega games, where Eggman isn't so much a cruel dictator as much as he is an childish instigator?

Yes and no. It is meant to pull him a little more in line with the childish goofiness of his SegaSonic counterpart, but I'm not going to water him down completely to that level. SegaSonic-Eggman seems to be on a slippery slope towards becoming Sonic's King Bowser - a threat only to get the plot moving, and then very soft around the edges. ArchieSonic-Eggman is still going to have his dark edge. I don't think I could stomach him otherwise.

So, he's going to be a player for both fields.

How so? How is that considered lame?

If I recall, Robotnik is an incredible villain still to this date.

Ask Ian had this:

Question #50 wrote:

Is Eggman's current bout of insanity in the comics part of a larger plan to bring his personality closer to the one he has in the Sega games, where Eggman isn't so much a cruel dictator as much as he is an childish instigator?

Yes and no. It is meant to pull him a little more in line with the childish goofiness of his SegaSonic counterpart, but I'm not going to water him down completely to that level. SegaSonic-Eggman seems to be on a slippery slope towards becoming Sonic's King Bowser - a threat only to get the plot moving, and then very soft around the edges. ArchieSonic-Eggman is still going to have his dark edge. I don't think I could stomach him otherwise.

So, he's going to be a player for both fields.

A tyrant who's goofy is far less interesting than a somewhat goof that at the flip of a hat can show a much more calculative and sharply dark edge to his actions.

A tyrant who's goofy is far less interesting than a somewhat goof that at the flip of a hat can show a much more calculative and sharply dark edge to his actions.

Edge isn't everything. Characterization is.

Yeah, which is something Eggman has really lacked over time. Eggman needs to be that dark and edgy villain while still giving him that somewhat goofy edge. Think of Heath Ledger's interpretation of the Joker, except minus psychopathic murder, and more of a dictator with a warped sense of self-importance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not going to say much about the following cover except this: Flyboy will be happy.

http://img265.imageshack.us/i/su17650.jpg/

Lol. I love how when people see Tails stuff they instantly think of me ♥

But yeah! Alright! I mean, I already mentioned a while back the interview where they said Tails may be getting a mini-series in Universe this year (the article was near the end of last year), so... it's not a huge surprise. But yay anyway! ^^ Just... gotta hope it isn't lame. And I hope Sonic is in it ;_; 'Cause Sonic and Tails interaction is my FAVOURITE. (But I'm betting Tails will be off on his own again like last time, blech, oh well.)