Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Nothing more romantic than Labyrinth Zone. With all the darkness and water, it's a perfect Tunnel of Love.

Boy, Sonic's PINGAS sure is sweet and caring for others, it's really touching (inside).

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Got the issue. The cover story was decent. Those who don't like Sally or her romance life probably won't favor the story though. If it's any sort of consolation, it seems as though she will be picking Khan for now. Also, after seeing Sally pull Khan away at the end of the issue to discuss something, Sonic decides to take Amy out to dinner.

Personally, I preferred the back-up. Nice way to explain how the Iron Pair came into power and took over the clans. Here's a scan from the back-up story: Brides.jpg

And if people want to see Renae's pencils for this issue, she posted this link on Bumbleking.

Also, Amy seems to have been confirmed to play a bigger role in the upcoming arc:

Amy.jpg

Edited by Megasponge
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

While I was expecting Sally to hook up with Ken at the end of 207, I wasn't expecting SonCrotch Sonic to show a possible romantic interest in Amy.

In hindsight, though, I probably should have seen it coming. Amy's been gradually getting more spotlight over the past few years, and, judging by Megasponge's scan and the cover of 210, she's going to get a lot more.

I dunno, it looks like she's just going to be smashing things in this story form the looks of it so far.

Normally I'd agree with you, but..

sonamy1.jpg

sonamy2.jpg

Amy looks like she died and went to heaven.XD

As a fan of Amy and the Sonamy pairing, I don't know whether to be simply glad, mad, or just out right furious. I'm having a bad feeling about this, and I'm not liking where this is going, just based on that scan alone. The fact that Sonic just kind of silently(fake smile is FAKE) agreed to go with Amy after seeing those two walk off kinda makes him look like the douche guy going after the back up chick when the main one is preoccupied. Not really fair to Amy if he's only doing it for reasons relating to Sally's "involvement" with Khan. If he ends up paying more attention to the former the moment that Son Goku ripoff is out of the picture, I pray Amy gets a smidge like her game counterpart and just whack him over the head with her hammer for messing with her emotions (if he does at all)

Secondly, damn Amy, paying for his meal? I don't know whether to take that as a sign of being independent or trying to sweeten him up into noticing you more. If anything, do a dutch treat and take it from there.

Edited by KittyNakajima
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Perhaps Sonic is just thinking, "Hey, free food!"

And I just figured out what bugs me about the way they draw Sonic for this: His eyebrows looks like a pair of mandibles. Then there's the first panel, where Monkey Khan's right eye looks more like a left eye facing the viewer.

Also, Amy's a Smooth Criminal:

smooth-criminal-lean.jpg

Edit: Watch Monkey Khan being the perspective character in the next issue. That would be hilarious.

Edited by Phos

Secondly, damn Amy, paying for his meal? I don't know whether to take that as a sign of being independent or trying to sweeten him up into noticing you more. If anything, do a dutch treat and take it from there.

What's missing from that scan is the full splash with dialog. Sonic says he'll treat her at Uncle Chucks. She says "that sounds great!" and off they go. Y'know he's probably not gonna have to pay a large amount. Seeing as how he's Chuck's nephew.

The fact that Sonic just kind of silently(fake smile is FAKE) agreed to go with Amy after seeing those two walk off kinda makes him look like the douche guy going after the back up chick when the main one is preoccupied.

I agree 100%. It makes Sonic look more like a jerk than he already does. Not giving a hoot about others feelings other then his own. Just like how he ignored Tails' feelings for Fiona. He only seems to do that when his predictable "feelings for Sally" are involved. Jeez when is he finally going to get over this chick? It's annoying and old already. Even when Sonic has new potential love interests, it somehow always reverts back to Sally and Sonic again. I can bet that is exactly whats going to happen in this current situation, whether it's sooner or later.

Edited by Genesis
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Hmm, interesting that Archie seem to finally be giving a Sonic/ Amy pairing a fair chance.

Given how overly anal SEGA are about certain aspects of the comic (insisting for or against the inclusion of certain characters and how they're portrayed), I'm surprised that they didn't force Archie to do this sort of thing much, much sooner.

I do kinda like SonAmy, but don't know what to think and don't like where this is going. Could indicate that Amy might lose interest in Sonic a bit, if he does something to upset her in future issues, or like what others said of Sonic being a jerkish/cheating boyfriend who goes after other women because his girlfriend is attending other business.

Oh how I hate idiotic love triangles and blatant boring romances :( .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Sonic News

Ian finally caved in (or at least, for now). I wonder how much pressure/bad sales it had to take for this to happen.

Uh....none? XD

He's been giving Amy more spotlight for years. Honestly, you can ask him yourself why he's doing it. He has said Amy has really grown on him since he first came on the book.

Hmm, interesting that Archie seem to finally be giving a Sonic/ Amy pairing a fair chance.

Given how overly anal SEGA are about certain aspects of the comic (insisting for or against the inclusion of certain characters and how they're portrayed), I'm surprised that they didn't force Archie to do this sort of thing much, much sooner.

Actually...SEGA's been pretty adament that they DON'T get together, according to Ian. So I don't know what the nature of all this will be. I'm personally not fond of romance in a comic about furry animals, but so far it seems more cute than anything else (unlike the silly love triangles that lead to me dropping the book all those years ago).

Note: If you don't believe or want proof of anything I'm saying, just go to www.bumbleking.com and ask Ian yourself. I'm not spending hours searching through the pages upon pages of questions when you can spend two minutes signing up and asking him yourself.

I wouldn't say that yet. Considering it seems obvious Sonic just hung out with Amy due to his "insecure" feelings about Sally/Khan. Using Amy to make himself feel better about the situation. I wouldn't be shocked if most SonAmy fans, who read the comic (or not)would be insulted by this "gesture of a possibly".

Could indicate that Amy might lose interest in Sonic a bit, if he does something to upset her in future issues, or like what others said of Sonic being a jerkish/cheating boyfriend who goes after other women because his girlfriend is attending other business.

I do believe if they really do go through with this pairing (SonAmy), I highly doubt it's going to be portrayed in a positive light, where fans could like the possibility. Rather I see the pairing being used to give more reason why Sonic/Sally should end up together. If I'm wrong about this, I would gladly eat my words. Which I doubt I'm going to do, considering Archie's track record with this sort of thing.

Oh how I hate idiotic love triangles and blatant boring romances :( .

Love triangles most of the time are entertaining and quiet unpredictable IMO. Pairings only become blatant, boring romances usually when a certain pairing is being over exposed.

EDIT:

He's been giving Amy more spotlight for years. Honestly, you can ask him yourself why he's doing it. He has said Amy has really grown on him since he first came on the book.

You've got to be kidding me...XD

No offense to you but it seems the only development he's given her so far is that she's "hammer happy" in a manner thats a bit more exaggerated than her game counterpart. While she does make a lot more appearances than before, she hasn't had any sufficient character development. The last time Amy had character growth during Ian's run, it was really minor.

If Amy really has grown on him, then I think he would have portrayed Amy a bit more positive than he has. Now that it seems Amy is getting an important role in the next few issues, lets see how much Amy REALLY has grown on him.

Actually...SEGA's been pretty adament that they DON'T get together, according to Ian.

I find that incredibly hard to swallow considering what Sega has been doing between Sonic and Amy in recent games. Sega is cool with SonSal being together and lovey dovey but not SonAmy?.....yeah...okay...

It's not that I don't believe you (I saw where he said this) I just don't believe Ian.

Edited by Genesis
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

^ I definitely agree on that last note. Sega have been largely pushing Sonic and Amy a lot closer together in quite a number of recent games, even if it hasn't been "over-the-top." Sonic shows a lot more interest in Amy in Sonic '06 (bring up Elise all you want, but Sonic never showed anything more than friendship towards her), they're much closer in Unleashed and you can even get Sonic to agree to go on a date with Amy, and in Black Knight Sonic already HAD agreed to go on a date with Amy, and apparently planned on going through with it, but got dragged into the Arthurian Legends before he could go meet up with her.

Plus, although done by Bioware, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood puts them MUCH closer, if you play your cards right. You can even get them to start an official relationship. Again, not technically Sega, but Sega had to give the go-ahead in the first place, anyway, and they've been pushing further recently.

Hmm... this could turn out quite interesting. I don't see Khan remaining such a central character for a while longer, as I'm figuring once the Iron Dominion is pushed out that he'll return home, but whatever the case, I'm interested how this will work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I could be wrong, but I get the general impression that the "Sonic and Amy must never get together" was a Yuji Naka thing. His departure could be why, as UltimaHedgie pointed out, we've been getting more hints of SonAmy in recent games.

In the ad, where is the image of Amy from and who drew it? I really like it, but I can't remember where it was from

In the ad, where is the image of Amy from and who drew it? I really like it, but I can't remember where it was from

It looks awfully familiar, and if i'm not mistaken it is a screen-grab of either 189 or 190. Both issues done by Tracy Yardley! I need to grab my back issue in order to make sure.

On that note, I'm not sure where the Sonic one is from, but that is definitely also Yardley!'s.

Edited by Emerl

sonamy1.jpg

Wow. Check out Sonic's stare on the second panel. It looks like if his brain suddenly caught on fire or something XD

so the whole Son/amy thing can be anything. My biggest guess is the not-so-happy one (at least for amy) specially after some of the relationships in the comics so far. Still, I still like Amy will show more...

I could be wrong, but I get the general impression that the "Sonic and Amy must never get together" was a Yuji Naka thing. His departure could be why, as UltimaHedgie pointed out, we've been getting more hints of SonAmy in recent games.

Actually, the question was if they ever got married, and the guy said that he hardly saw that happening because the theme (and the character development) does not fit in a platform game. People just extrapolate and say the guy doesn't want them together to suit their own view on the point.

Sega.com: We get a whole lot of letters on this one: Do you think Sonic and Amy Rose will ever get married?

Yuji Naka: There will be hardly be any chance, I bet. Amy will continue to pursue Sonic all the time, but Sonic will not ever get married. I think so, because I cannot picture the image of Sonic that he is married and has his children! Also, I feel it is a more Amy's style to always chase Sonic.

I remember that Naka was also pleased with what Sonic X turned out, because they had a lot of imput and bcause it deepened upon some obscure themes that didn't have the opportunity to be deepened in the games. Sonic liked Amy there, quite a lot. Naka has no problems with them together whatsoever.

I called on Sonic having a pannel looking like a moron at Sally and Khan. I didn't thought it would be three and then rebounding at Amy. Lol Archie, always the same romantic crap, over and over again.

Edited by redmenace
  • Thumbs Up 1