Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Before "Bunnie succumbs to the dark side?"

What, are the birds going to stick a chip in her brain that makes her think she's a canary?

• Thumbs Up 1

Better then the generic Sonic/Tails/Knuckles trio we often get for the hundredth time. But it will never beat a Shadow/Big team up. :lol: (I'm actually starting to become more fond of Big for some unknown reason)

That's because Big is awesome!! :lol: Maybe also because current events have been nicer to him (ie; his inclusion in ASR and Jazwares doing a top notch job of his 3inch figure that I can't wait for!) so maybe everyone else is following suit, and the general hate for Big that I never understood is subsiding!

Or better yet, why not throw some of the other characters into Silver's future, provided it isn't anything we would come to expect too obviously from the game canon? Silver's world was really apocalyptic in the games, so why not see a magnificent, bustling metropolis instead?

That actually sounds like a good idea. Here's an idea that occurred to me: in SU have a few issues showing Silver's $h!tH0L3 apocalyptic future, just to get a general idea of why he fights for what he fights, and to get some character depth and development. Then, do what you said - in the main story have some of the main cast dragged into Silver's future, let's say...Sonic, Tails, Rotor, Bunnie and Sally (or whomever you want)....but here's the wild card, when they arrive there it is a futuristic utopia instead, and as the story progresses you discover that it was Silver who brought them here and who isn't going to let them return - you see, on his ongoing quest to discover who betrays the FF he has narrowed it down to this group, but also, as a reprecussion of removing them from their time the effects have had a great change to Silver's time...and he's not about to let the group return back to their time and ruin all he's ever worked for. So essentially we get a plot where a good guy is the bad guy but only due to having good morales...which I find kind of interesting.

Shhh...we're not suppose to talk about that. :unsure:

Howcomes? Because we'll trigger the torrent of rabid Sonic/"blank" fans comments :D Edited by The-Master-Board

So we get to see Silver's future? Cool, but hoping it doesn't be relevant to the M:YL. Though I'm pretty interested in seeing how Bunnie succumbs to the darkside, but probably gonna involve a cop out move like she was pretending to be or something, eh, idk.

So it seems like Archie are mimicking Marvel in the "pull names from a hat and put them together as a team"idea; Sonic, Rotor and...Silver??

I personally always wanted to see Sonic, Shadow, and Blaze with their perspective sidekicks: Tails for Sonic, Rouge for Shadow, and Narine for Blaze. Put them in a situation and see how they would deal with it. Sort of like whose method is better or as a way to evaluate the pairings. Maybe thats just me.

I think the oddest pairing would be Big and Shadow. A crack pairing if there ever was one.

I think the oddest pairing would be Big and Shadow. A crack pairing if there ever was one.

*cue Elephant Love Medley*

Big: We should be loverrrs!

Shadow: ...We can't do that.

Big: We should be loverrrs! And that's a fact!

(...Yeah yeah, I know, I'm horrible.XD)

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

sth212_0.jpg

sth212_1.jpg

sth212_2.jpg

sth212_3.jpg

sth212_4.jpg

sth212_5.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #212 PREVIEWS

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #212

"The Roads We Take": The fallout from the "Iron Dominion" saga continues to settle as our heroes deal with the aftermath and face some tough choices ahead. What secrets will Sonic and Tails find in the seemingly abandoned EggDome? Will Espio finally confront his former teammates, the Chaotix? Will Princess Sally make a final choice of who to set her heart on? The answers to these and other questions await in this intriguing tale!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

PENCILS: Tracy Yardley!

INKS: Terry Austin

Shipping Date: April 21st, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: April 28th, 2010

Newsstands: May 11th, 2010

32-page, 40 lb glossy stock, full color comic

$2.99 US

Man is that cover wonky...

I agree, that cover art is AWKWARD.

I am absolutely loving Sonic and Tails in this, though ♥ Tails putting his hand on Sonic's shoulder and looking all worried, followed by his expression when Sonic ruffles his head-fluff like that is just TOO cute XD I love love LOVE when those two work together (in case you hadn't guessed), and I love how they're introduced together as "Heroes of Mobius" in the opening blurb. Win.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Iron Queen is A FIRIN HER LAZOR.

I am absolutely loving Sonic and Tails in this, though ♥ Tails putting his hand on Sonic's shoulder and looking all worried, followed by his expression when Sonic ruffles his head-fluff like that is just TOO cute XD I love love LOVE when those two work together (in case you hadn't guessed), and I love how they're introduced together as "Heroes of Mobius" in the opening blurb. Win.

I wasn't expecting anything particularly exciting when I went to look at the preview pages(I read your description first), but I was pleasantly surprised to see more than Sonic and Tails just giving each other thumbs up and making wisecracks. If the characters can continue to show actual, genuine love and concern for each other like this, instead of the sort of shallow things I'd expect from a Youtube poop, then I certainly don't mind if Tails gradually grows to be Sonic's main companion(Even if I do still have a soft spot for Sally.:) )

It truly is disappointing, considering what he is actually capable of doing in his other works. His Sonic stuff has always been pretty bad and I just don't see why he doesn't seem to be able to pull off the same detail here.

Edited by Illuminous_Orb

Looks like Eggman's back in business. Nice to see Eggman being evil in the preview for the issue.

I feel alittle bad for Snively.

Wow Tails's ears are backwards o..O

Anyway, I wonder if he will some how backstab Eggman again and release Iron Queen again? O..o

Yeah, it is pretty weird. Though thankfully Eggman is back at the helm of evil doing for now.

Aren't Tails's ears backward in the first panel here?

Nah, they're just swivelled back.

Nah, they're just swivelled back.

Apparently his ears are as flexible as Cream's.:D

I'm more curious to see what has become of Lien-Da. She's still alive, but I wonder what is in store for her.

Maybe she goes the way of Dimitri?

sth212_5.jpg

Yes, I think I sense a new level of playfulness from the doctor here, more akin to the games...

Now give Snively a purple nurple.

• Thumbs Up 1

so i heard theres a F.C.B.D. Comic coming soon? any info. about it?

Btw, F.C.B.D. is Free Comic Book Day if anyone couldn't have guessed.

so i heard theres a F.C.B.D. Comic coming soon? any info. about it?

Btw, F.C.B.D. is Free Comic Book Day if anyone couldn't have guessed.

Archie_Sonic_Large.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG FCBD 2010 EDITION

Creative Team: (W) Ian Flynn (A) James Fry, Jim Amash

Publisher: ARCHIE COMICS

"Hide & Seek & DESTROY!": Dr. Eggman has vanished - or has he? As Sonic searches for clues, he stumbles across an old weapon from the bygone days of his childhood. Will Dr. Eggman allow Sonic to be destroyed by this threat from yesteryear? Will Sonic discover the truth behind his old rival's disappearance? All the answers lie in this free issue!

32pgs, FC

FREE!

Click here for the preview, and click here to look for a location that's participating in it, as well as other comics to look for.

Click here for the preview, and click here to look for a location that's participating in it, as well as other comics to look for.

Wow, that IS a threat from his childhood. Oh man. July 1993!

IT'S KRUDZU TIEM

Seconded.

Millionthed.

It is just terrible, the IQ looks like she's in a shouting match with herself, Sonic looks like he's running in the special olympics...straight into a wall, and Espio; well besides being drawn in the way I hate, HATE, HATE! the most (ie: with his horn higher up than it should be, not connecting the eyebrows and skin-like mouth bits) he just looks crappily drawn too. The only thing that looks remotely decent is Eggman in the background...but if you look a bit harder you'll see his jaw is massive and mishapen. Terrible all round.

I really hate the way Yardley draws the bottom of Sonic's shoes =\

I just hate the way Yardley draws.

I really regret taking a many, many years hiatus from the comics and missing all those issues with great covers (circa #65 - #130, sure the stories may not have been all that special, but the artwork was simply AMAZING! When I compare that to the stuff like what we're getting/going to be getting/FCBD's cover it makes me sad

Millionthed.

It is just terrible, the IQ looks like she's in a shouting match with herself, Sonic looks like he's running in the special olympics...straight into a wall, and Espio; well besides being drawn in the way I hate, HATE, HATE! the most (ie: with his horn higher up than it should be, not connecting the eyebrows and skin-like mouth bits) he just looks crappily drawn too. The only thing that looks remotely decent is Eggman in the background...but if you look a bit harder you'll see his jaw is massive and mishapen. Terrible all round.

Don't you think you're being a little too picky on the character poses and artwork? I can understand criticism for the sake of the art, but calling out the poses like the IQ and Sonic and on Eggman's massive jaw seem a little too much to pick at.

I love great detail of things to be right, but forgive me when I say that I feel as though you're grabing straws in order to make criticism. Some things may be off, but I give it a pass on the overall image. Then again, so long as the image actually looks decent, anythings a pass for me. :lol:

EDIT: On second thought, it does look awkward when I look at the cover a secong time. I had it visuallized completely different after glimpsing it the first time. :blink:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Despite having not read the main Archie series since #164, I decided to grab a copy of the Free Comic Book Day issue off of eBay, since it was going for 99p (basically free, but postage costs).

This'll be my first Sonic comic since the Sonic X series ended.