Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

In fairness, Bean and Jet are both green birds who look suspiciously similar to the Battle Kukkus. Did they make a racist fuss about Storm or Wave?

Predator Hawk is also refered to as an "armada traitor" by Bean in said same reference. And given this track record if its implied that the bloodline leader of the Babylon Rogues, Jet, is a "member" then Wave and Storm must also be "members." And that's all the birds I'm aware of that are in the story that anyone cares for. So nearly all of them have been placed in the same group simply cause they're birds.

Did some say... Bird?

Well everybody's heard about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word !

[repeat]

Everybody's heard about the bird !

[repeat]

Don't you know about the bird?

Well everybody's heard about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word ! Yeah !

Well everybody's heard, about the bird !

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na

Everybody's heard, about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word ! Yeah!

SURFIN' BIRD!!!!

Yeah everybody's heard, about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word ! Go!!

(Claps)

[Repeat 8 times]

Yeah!!!

Everybody's heard about the bird !

Everybody's heard about ... bird !

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I predict that, if the Battle Kukkus show up, their leader will turn out to be Peter Griffin.XD

It's nice to hear that there will apparently be some smaller stories next year instead of the long, drawn out arcs the comic has had for the past two and a half years or so...I really preferred the more finite story telling style that comic generally had before Endgame. True, it probably won't last, and there will likely be another "epic arc" eventually, but it's nice to be thrown a bone, so to speak.

Is that the sound of BATTLE KUKKUS I hear? :D

That's what I'm hoping for. :P We've had a few hints at them, and we know of some traitors/ex-members, but I'd love to finally delve into the Armada more.

Edited by Megasponge

• Sonic News

You've got to be kidding me...XD

No offense to you but it seems the only development he's given her so far is that she's "hammer happy" in a manner thats a bit more exaggerated than her game counterpart. While she does make a lot more appearances than before, she hasn't had any sufficient character development. The last time Amy had character growth during Ian's run, it was really minor.

If Amy really has grown on him, then I think he would have portrayed Amy a bit more positive than he has. Now that it seems Amy is getting an important role in the next few issues, lets see how much Amy REALLY has grown on him.

I said "spotlight", not "character development". Amy, as a SEGA character, has to remain close to her Sega Sonic persona.

I find that incredibly hard to swallow considering what Sega has been doing between Sonic and Amy in recent games. Sega is cool with SonSal being together and lovey dovey but not SonAmy?.....yeah...okay...

It's not that I don't believe you (I saw where he said this) I just don't believe Ian.

And Ian would lie...why?

Well, technically, SEGA doesn't want Sonic paired with anyone. Not Sally, not Amy, not Mina, not Blaze, not Antoine - nobody. They seem to give us a little bit of leeway as long as the pairings aren't too "serious." It might be one of those things we end up pushing until we're told to dial it back.

Posted Sunday.

I'm half expecting Cream to be revealed as Bunnie's sister, or at least a relative.

Also starting to wonder if we'll wind up seeing Team Rose in the comic next year, heh.

I'm half expecting Cream to be revealed as Bunnie's sister, or at least a relative.

No chance. SEGA would never allow something like that to happen. They're so tight with the comic that one day they're going to sneeze and pop their drawers.

No chance. SEGA would never allow something like that to happen. They're so tight with the comic that one day they're going to sneeze and pop their drawers.

They're not that tight with the comic, considering Dr. Julian Kintobor of the House of Ivo later renamed Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Or his alternate dimensional formerly robotic counterpart in this instance) has a totally different origin story from the Eggman of the games; He's even still got the inexplicable red eyes and everything!

If a character as central as Eggman's backstory can be completely different, Cream's easily could be too.

They're not that tight with the comic, considering Dr. Julian Kintobor of the House of Ivo later renamed Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Or his alternate dimensional formerly robotic counterpart in this instance) has a totally different origin story from the Eggman of the games; He's even still got the inexplicable red eyes and everything!

If a character as central as Eggman's backstory can be completely different, Cream's easily could be too.

SEGA was much more loose those days. They've been tight since sales went up with the comic and it actually became successful. Since then, they've put in more restrictions and what have you. Besides, that idea is not Flynn's style. They might come from the same place were rabbits are the populace, but I think that's all they're going to share.

I know you weren't implying this, but now I'm imagining Cream with non-nonsensical red on black eyes.XD

Matt Herms (Colorist and Penciller for the comic) found this over on Archie's twitter:

SonicFCBD10.650.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG - FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2010

"Hide & Seek & DESTROY!": Dr. Eggman has vanished--or has he? As Sonic searches for clues, he stumbles across an old weapon from the bygone days of his childhood. Will Dr. Eggman allow Sonic to be destroyed by this threat from yesteryear? Will Sonic discover the truth behind his old rival's disappearance? All the answers lie in this free issue!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

PENCILS: James Fry

INKS: Jim Amash

At Comic Shops May 1st 2010

All new, 32-page, full color comic

FREE

Edited by Megasponge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Herms (Colorist and Penciller for the comic) found this over on Archie's twitter:

SonicFCBD10.650.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about! A Robotnik-centric Free Comic Day book. I'm expecting lots of relationship undertones in this one like #205.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I just bet this "old weapon" is the original model Eggmobile. Or... Sigh, "Egg-O-Matic" as it's called in Archie. Bonus points if it comes with the original wrecking ball.

Then again, I'm probably wrong, and it's probably something I've totally forgotten about altogether.

I just bet this "old weapon" is the original model Eggmobile. Or... Sigh, "Egg-O-Matic" as it's called in Archie. Bonus points if it comes with the original wrecking ball.

Then again, I'm probably wrong, and it's probably something I've totally forgotten about altogether.

That wasn't really from his childhood, though... was it?

Being an Archie n00b, I don't know if there were any story arcs dealing with the adventures of kiddie Sonic. But if there were, I'd wager it's from then.

That wasn't really from his childhood, though... was it?

Being an Archie n00b, I don't know if there were any story arcs dealing with the adventures of kiddie Sonic. But if there were, I'd wager it's from then.

There's been a weird retcon recently that suggests the early issues were indeed from Sonic's childhood.

Sonic cites facing Scratch and Grounder (Who in Archie canon debuted in issue 2) "when he was a kid", so the oldschool Badniks, Eggmobile, etc. would all fit from this era.

Yes, even though he was clearly originally intended to be a teenager in the original scripts, the current retroactive continuity would suggest he was a child back then. Go figure.

There's been a weird retcon recently that suggests the early issues were indeed from Sonic's childhood.

Sonic cites facing Scratch and Grounder (Who in Archie canon debuted in issue 2) "when he was a kid", so the oldschool Badniks, Eggmobile, etc. would all fit from this era.

Yes, even though he was clearly originally intended to be a teenager in the original scripts, the current retroactive continuity would suggest he was a child back then. Go figure.

I suddenly find myself tempted to attribute Sally's change from pink-black --> ochre-brown as "growing out of her larval stage". ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, what a crappy FCBD cover. No Spaz??

A weapon from Sonic's childhodd eh? Could that be the ultimate annhihilator, or was Sonic not considered a "child" then?

• Bad Quality Post 2

Spaz hasn't drawn a good cover in years.

Anything he does is still better than the concept kiddie art of Tracey Yardley. At least Spaz's covers look like professional comic book artwork, like other well drawn comics out there.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 6

Anything he does is still better than the concept kiddie art of Tracey Yardley. At least Spaz's covers look like professional comic book artwork, like other well drawn comics out there.

Meh. I happen to like "kiddie" art. It gives the comic a goofy, whimsical feel.

But I suppose to those who think the comic should be serious business, that style clashes with one's expectations, so I can understand that I suppose. Still, Yardley's personally my favorite artist for the comic at this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spaz hasn't drawn a good cover in years.

What he said

Plus I love Yardley's stuff. Now if only they could get Peppers to do a cover :o