Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

He's looking at Sally leaving with Khan like a kid whose candy has been stolen, then accepted an invitation from another girl. How clearer can it be?

Edited by redmenace

Actually, the question was if they ever got married, and the guy said that he hardly saw that happening because the theme (and the character development) does not fit in a platform game. People just extrapolate and say the guy doesn't want them together to suit their own view on the point.

I remember that Naka was also pleased with what Sonic X turned out, because they had a lot of imput and bcause it deepened upon some obscure themes that didn't have the opportunity to be deepened in the games. Sonic liked Amy there, quite a lot. Naka has no problems with them together whatsoever.

I called on Sonic having a pannel looking like a moron at Sally and Khan. I didn't thought it would be three and then rebounding at Amy. Lol Archie, always the same romantic crap, over and over again.

Oh, okay, Naka didn't have a problem with them being a couple, just with them tying the knot in a platform game...that clears a lot up, thanks redmenace.^^

Because having a conversation over chili dogs equals oh my god exploitational rebound.

Perhaps they are each discussing their desire to find a suitable Nerb-ish partner.^_~

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

Sonic feels the need to be loved in the comics, sure things have gotten better between him and Sally since the earth shattering "Slap", but you can still cut their tension with a fork and knife.

I don't know why, but I was happy to see Sonic finally accept an invite from Amy.. its the least he can do to thank her for all the hard work she's been put through (and apparently more so in up coming issues)

It looks like an incredibly obvious and classic 'hmph!' rebound scenario. I can't see it turning serious (or, if it does, ending well) ^^;

sonamy1.jpg

sonamy2.jpg

At first I was confused. Then I was confused and awed. Now because of some of these posts, I'm confused, awed, and disturbed.

If by the end of this, Amy is heartbroken, I will have the biggest rage moment ever and go into a coma.

Sonic and Amy? Together? Where's Chris Hansen when you need him!

I was about to go into how there's only a 3 year age gap between those two but then I remembered that convoluted plot device Archie monkey wrenched in there to explain Amy's "mature" appearance since Sonic Adventure. *facepalm*

Sonic: "Officer, I swear I didn't know she was 8!!! She looked 18! Honest!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

To be honest, only people that have been with the comic for years would even remember the Ring of Acorn plot. I expect them not to be childish and understand how convulted it was and just dismiss the whole 8 year old in a 12 year old body to begin with. It's interesting how these people are so anal about canon when it fits their view and then be quite loose otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Eggman is being treated sympathetically by the hero, and now implications of a Sonic/Amy relationship are being made.

Archie's gradual metamorphasis into Sega continues, it seems. What's next, animals in robots instead of animals becoming robots? Hijinks and shenanigans!

Of course, while I prefer to see Sonic with absolutely nobody, as I think romance just doesn't fit his character, I do find Amy to be a quirkier and more entertaining character than Sally- And being the fan of the Japanese continuities that I am, any extra resemblance to the games is something I won't object to.

That said, I'm with everyone else and suspect that this is a temporary subplot, because status quo is god. Meh.

Eggman is being treated sympathetically by the hero, and now implications of a Sonic/Amy relationship are being made.

Archie's gradual metamorphasis into Sega continues, it seems. What's next, animals in robots instead of animals becoming robots? Hijinks and shenanigans!

Too late. Gamma matched his game counterpart when a little birdie popped out after he was destroyed in Sonic Universe #3.

Too late. Gamma matched his game counterpart when a little birdie popped out after he was destroyed in Sonic Universe #3.

Well, snap. Archie's recent attempts to be closer to the game source material are impressing me, actually.

If Eggman ends up without an empire to rule over when this is all over, he'll be forced out of his traditional overlord role and into a role of a supervillain trying to take over the planet, ala his game counterpart. That'd certainly be something interesting to see, and I partially suspect Eggman's removal from power could be to set up this very scenario.

On the subject of the comic growing closer to the game canon...I'm still wondering how Cream will be introduced, as she apparently is no longer off-limits now that the Sonic X comic has ended.

Of course, while I prefer to see Sonic with absolutely nobody, as I think romance just doesn't fit his character

You'll be happy to know that by SEGA mandate, this will ultimately be the status quo.

I gotta say, smartest thing they've done in a long time.

Of course, they're still in the negative, due to making Eggman Nega and SU/OVA references off limits (for now), but still.

Edited by Aquaslash

Of course, they're still in the negative, due to making Eggman Nega and SU/OVA references off limits (for now), but still.

ch_knuckles.jpg200px-Knuckles_%28MXYL%29.JPG

HAT!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ian dropped some tentative teasers concerning both the comics for 2010:

Howdy folks! Tis the season to be giving, and I just got the editorial go-ahead to drop some tasty next year tidbits!

Yeah, I said I was going to wait until the "Iron Dominion Saga" was finished, but by then a lot of what I want to reveal would already be out in solicits, so what the heck.

BE ADVISED!!! None of this is set in stone. Most of it is just planned, and not much is written. At any point SEGA may veto a story idea or we may have to shuffle things around for some reason. So take all this with a grain of salt. Here's hoping everything goes according to plan.

And now, on with the merciless teasing!

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

- the "Iron Dominion Saga" will be ending in 2010 with a cross-over in Sonic Universe.

- it will also mark the end of the "epic dramas" for a while. We just had "Enerjak: Reborn," "A Bold, New Moebius" and now "Iron Dominion." It's time for us to do some smaller stories.

- I had so much fun bringing back the Downunda Freedom Fighters in "Echoes of the Past" that I decided to bring back another old FF group. And then another. And then another!

- I also figured it was about time to bring back an old major villain. Only fair, right?

- While we're bringing back folks, we'll be seeing some SegaSonic guest stars return to the book - Silver and Big!

- And a final note: it's about time Bunnie had some solid backstory, don't you think?

SONIC UNIVERSE

- three arcs for the year, just like this one.

- "Journey to the East" will be part of the finale to "Iron Dominion." It will NOT be required reading for the arc. You can enjoy it on its own, and you can enjoy STH by itself. Together, though, you'll get the fullest story.

- It's about time we spent some time with a good ol' Tails, don'cha think? Let him do something cool. A "Tails Adventure," if you will.

- There are characters and subplots we're introducing this year / very beginning of 2010 that will come to fruition in the next end-of-year Knuckles arc. See? I'm planning way in advance.

And that's it! Happy Holidays, and enjoy your tantalization!

- It's about time we spent some time with a good ol' Tails, don'cha think? Let him do something cool. A "Tails Adventure," if you will.

Is that the sound of BATTLE KUKKUS I hear? :D

Is that the sound of BATTLE KUKKUS I hear? :D

I'd pay for that! In fact that's about the only thing from the games that I'd like in the comics at the moment. Really hating the way Archie seems to be slowly transitioning their Sonic into the game Sonic; what with Eggman being lame and now no longer a villian, but rather a charity case, and the whole Sonic/Amy thing.

Also, :o shock horror! [/sarcasm] I would never have thought that they would crossover the main series and end the Iron Dominion arc in Sonic Universe! gee full of surpises there.

On the up side; hopefully that old villain will be Nack the weasel! But I have bets on it being Mamoth Mogul, and the return of Big and Silver..yes please, Cream...not so much. (glad they haven't annouced her, though she enevitably will)

As soon as this Iron dominion pisses off, and SU concentrates on something other than cheap "You don't have to read, but won't get the full story if you don't" or lame M:XXYL arcs, then the comic may get interesting again.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

They kept referencing that damn battle bird armada so many times now that it's about time they got to putting them in the story.

But really though that just got under my skin the racist undertones of those previous references. You're a bird, that must mean you're part of the battle bird armada. BS. Bean makes sense somewhat, maybe Jet but I'd rather not have him get his own sidestory just to weave that backstory.

Are the bird armada from the Tailes game? forgotten which one, i know that the SKY PATROL game had the Witch/freaky ass bunny carrot one/Bearanger and Foklewulf,

What about BLAZE & MARIE be nice to explore more of they're world with the coconut crew

woo hoo SILVER & BIG are coming back

Can we have Mephillis now please!

G.U.N are up to something from the Team Dark SU arc

Its only been nearly a year since Moguls last appearence, so it must be someone longer ago

I assume Espio's story will be solved by the end of the IRON DOMINION arc

Would love to see the SANDBLAST villians come back especially Jack rabbit, this story could really be like a Wrath Of Khan style of revenge as tbh Sonic and co really left them alone to fend for themselves and now instead of actually wanting to kidnap him and have him as a saviour Jack Rabbit could've gone crackers and want all out revenge.

But really though that just got under my skin the racist undertones of those previous references. You're a bird, that must mean you're part of the battle bird armada. BS. Bean makes sense somewhat, maybe Jet but I'd rather not have him get his own sidestory just to weave that backstory.

In fairness, Bean and Jet are both green birds who look suspiciously similar to the Battle Kukkus. Did they make a racist fuss about Storm or Wave?

Are the bird armada from the Tailes game? forgotten which one, i know that the SKY PATROL game had the Witch/freaky ass bunny carrot one/Bearanger and Foklewulf,

The Battle Kukkus are from the other one, conveniently called "Tails Adventures".

What about BLAZE & MARIE be nice to explore more of they're world with the coconut crew

>:/

• Thumbs Up 1