Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Lol. I love how when people see Tails stuff they instantly think of me ♥

Well you do grace Tails more than you do Sonic himself, so that's kind of expected...:lol:

Well you do grace Tails more than you do Sonic himself, so that's kind of expected...:lol:

I'm just gonna go put a tag in my sig that declares that I love Sonic best of all and that using Tails as my ID is just my way of feeling closer to Sonic ):

O THAT SOUNDED KIND OF STALKERISH DIDN'T IT? >_>;;

I do like Tails (: But I LOVE Sonic. Still! Bring on the Tails arc! Can't wait! (New images for avatars/sigs, yay!)

Here are both the new covers:

sth214.650.jpg

su17.650.jpg

Solicits should be coming out within the next few days. Even without them, things are looking awesome. Looks like the BattleBird Armada will finally be making their debut in the comic. =D

Wait, SU is more expensive then STH?

Damn well should be with Tails on the cover! *Nod*

Epic, that pic of Tails is perfect for me to make a new genki!Tails icon from. Haha, it's kinda sad... I mostly only read the comics now to find icon material XD;

Wait, SU is more expensive then STH?

I thought it was the same price as STH, last I checked.

Damn well should be with Tails on the cover! *Nod*

Contradicting your sig, I see. ;)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Gotta stand up for my homeboy fox (; A single awesome fawks on the cover is worth more than a mish-mash of characters that I don't really care about besides Sawnik.

But yeah, according to those images, StH is $2.50 and SU is $2.99.

Do we actually know who those two oddballs on the bottom left and top right of the #214 cover are?

And why is Big fishing in the Black Emerald?!

Bottom left is the Cat Queen, introduced during the Sonic Adventure adaptation for some reason. Upper right is Lupe, some wolf lady from SatAM.

I spy an island on Tails' Sonic Universe cover...

...Cocoa Island? Now that would certainly be an interesting adaptation! Perhaps they'll finally get to a Tails' Sky Patrol arc as well, if this does turn out to be based upon Tails Adventures. I would certainly like to see the Battle Kukkus get a revival, so this is pretty neat.

I'm not too familiar with the Archie Comics series - do they plan on making arcs based upon Sonic World Adventure or the Sonic Riders and Sonic Rivals series? Sonic Rush Adventure is the only game-to-comic adaptation that I recall seeing recently. I heard they had some difficulties with acquiring the rights to use Nega, and that was holding them back from using him in SRA/Rivals arcs.

Edited by HunterTSF

I'm not too familiar with the Archie Comics series - do they plan on making arcs based upon Sonic World Adventure or the Sonic Riders and Sonic Rivals series? Sonic Rush Adventure is the only game-to-comic adaptation that I recall seeing recently.

Ian Flynn said he'd like to do more straight-up adaptations, but there's a whole legal mish-mash of game-to-comic media Archie / Sega media rights and it's all incredibly tangled. :/

Big fishing for a black emerald? Huh. Does the hook act like a magnet for some reason since I don't see it piercing the emerald, but oh well.

Can't wait for the Tails series to see what that's all about. Though still hoping for a Scourge series and probably cover the Anti-FF's history.

Heck yes! I've been on a real Suppression Squad kick lately, particularly interested in Scourge and Miles (since they're the Moebius versions of my favourites Sonic and Tails, naturally). I'd LOVE to see more of them. I wanna see what Miles is planning to do now that he has all the power in everything but name, and what Scourge will do when he gets back XD;; I'd LOVE to see them return. Scourge... unf. (I still love you more, Sawnik ♥).

Gotta stand up for my homeboy fox (;

Sonic isn't a fawks, jack off! :lol:

A single awesome hedgehog on the cover is worth more than a mish-mash of characters that I don't really care about besides Sawnik.

Lemme fix that for ya. :D

In any news, I'm actually very surprised at how Archie manages to keep this comic series going and adding in fresh material to keep things moving along. Random thought, I know, but the way they transition to really new things so smoothly is something I really have to give props for. People don't like all these characters in the comics, but honestly the comics is the one place where they should have all these characters. And they don't even mash them in one plot...least not all the time.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Riders and Unleashed both had little stories which were really just ads for the games. Sega (presumably of America) doesn't want them to use Eggman Nega, so they can't do much about a Rivals arc.

However, they DO want them to use the Werehog, so we may see a proper Unleashed arc in time.

Riders and Unleashed both had little stories which were really just ads for the games. Sega (presumably of America) doesn't want them to use Eggman Nega, so they can't do much about a Rivals arc.

However, they DO want them to use the Werehog, so we may see a proper Unleashed arc in time.

That seems incredibly random. I mean: Why would they win by denying eggman nega? yet easly give away the werehog?

That seems incredibly random. I mean: Why would they win by denying eggman nega? yet easly give away the werehog?

Didn't I read somewhere that Flynn said Sega have "plans" for Nega so they don't want Archie to use them in case it pre-empts their own stories?

Although I might have just imagined that. It wouldn't be the first time.

An Unleashed arc? Sounds very interesting for a Sonic Universe saga, and though wondering if the FFs would be involved since there is some comedic material for FF meeting up with Werehog for the first time, but eh.

I think the Werehog has had his time in the sun (er, moon, whatever). He served his purpose in Unleashed, and with Dark Gaia gone, there's no reason to bring him back that wouldn't cheapen his character.

Not that his character was particularly likable anyway.

I think the Werehog has had his time in the sun (er, moon, whatever). He served his purpose in Unleashed, and with Dark Gaia gone, there's no reason to bring him back that wouldn't cheapen his character.

So? This isn't about what happened in the video games, this is on a comic adaptation of a video game.

Unleashed has already done the Werehog, but the comics barely did so themselves. So technically he hasn't really been introduced in the comics except for that one time it was used to advertise the game. And frankly, Dark Gaia hasn't even been introduced in the comics yet, so he isn't "gone" per se.

Not that his character was particularly likable anyway.

It was the same character as regular Sonic, but in a werehog's body. They're two different forms, not two different characters.

I just read Sonic Universe #14.

Holy crap, Fiona's back! x.x Iiiinteresting. It was also kind of amusing how badly Tails blew up when the Yagyu lord called him a 'mere child'. Even after Sonic took him outside he was still ranting and raving over all the stuff he'd done and people he's fought ^^; Ahahaha. It's okay, li'l guy, you're getting your very own 4-issue arc once this is over.

I swear, though, if Fiona somehow manages to bleed her presence into Tails' arc after showing up here, I will personally murder the bitch myself :3

(Yes, I do have rage issues concerning Fiona (: My passion is showing.)

(Yes, I do have rage issues concerning Fiona (: My passion is showing.)

Perhaps I can mitigate your rage with the new details for this:

su17_650.jpg

"Trouble in Paradise Part One": Tails takes the spotlight in this brand new adventure! The twin-tailed fox treats his friends Bunnie and Antoine to a long over-due honeymoon on the remote and idyllic Cocoa Island... but not remote enough to keep a brand new villainous force from spoiling the party! Who are these foul fowl? What do they want? And more importantly, will our heroes survive their first encounter with the fine-feathered fiends?!

HERE COME THE DRUMS :D

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen

Didn't I read somewhere that Flynn said Sega have "plans" for Nega so they don't want Archie to use them in case it pre-empts their own stories?

Although I might have just imagined that. It wouldn't be the first time.

I don't believe he said that, from what I recall Sega wouldn't tell him why Archie couldn't use Nega, but Ian assumes it's because they either have plans for him and/or they want to clear up a few things about him.

Now for some previews:

sth214.650.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #214

Written by Ian Flynn, art by Steve Butler.

"Reigning Cats and Dogs Part Two": Sonic, Sally and Big find themselves in the middle of all-out WAR! It's mass hysteria as the clash of the Cats and Wolves begins, but what new threat could be pulling their strings? Get ready for old friends, new faces and much, much more in the cataclysmic conclusion of "Reigning Cats and Dogs"!

32 pages, $2.99, in stores on June 30.

sth211_0.jpg

sth211_1.jpg

sth211_2.jpg

sth211_3.jpg

sth211_4.jpg

sth211_5.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #211

"Home Invasion Part Two": Iron Nicole reveals a secret that the Iron Queen never saw coming... and now all bets are off as the duel to end them all begins! But that's just the half of it, as friends, foes and perhaps a bystander or two enter the fray with freedom hanging in the balance! Don't miss this thrill-packed issue filled with one great Sonicverse character after another including Monkey Khan, Tails, the Iron King, Espio, Snively Robotnik, Geoffrey, Lien-Da, Amy, Antoine and more! Don't miss the explosive action!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Steven Butler

Shipping Date: March 24th, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: March 31st, 2010

Newsstands: April 13th, 2010

32-page, full color comic

$2.50 US

Edited by Megasponge

Perhaps I can mitigate your rage with the new details for this:

"Trouble in Paradise Part One": Tails takes the spotlight in this brand new adventure! The twin-tailed fox treats his friends Bunnie and Antoine to a long over-due honeymoon on the remote and idyllic Cocoa Island... but not remote enough to keep a brand new villainous force from spoiling the party! Who are these foul fowl? What do they want? And more importantly, will our heroes survive their first encounter with the fine-feathered fiends?!

HERE COME THE DRUMS :D

... That's just bizarre. But oooookay ^^; ... sounds like Sonic won't be around at all, then ):