Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Good lord I'm gonna miss Regina. She's been quite easy on the eyes.

At least Nicole will still be around XD

Good lord I'm gonna miss Regina. She's been quite easy on the eyes.

At least Nicole will still be around XD

Me too. Even though Eggman's number 1, Regina is still a good villian in her own right. I'm actually surprised they actually made more use of her since her intro, as she didn't really have much to her at that point until now.

Last one I picked up was #210...honestly, I was not expecting Sonic, Tails, Ken and Sally to be back so soon.. they still have 3 issues (2 then) of the Journey to the East story in SU... what the heck will they fill it with.

They should've stretched the story a little longer, build up more suspense then finish the Iron Queen Saga in the last Journey to the East issue :o

I'm glad to see the end of the Iron Queen arc, it was a boring story in my opinion. Bring on Big! At least he holds some interest in me.

Cool to see them do a Tails Adventure tie-in, though I doubt it will follow the game exactly, I guess really old obscure Sonic games are up for grabs for Archie as I doubt SEGA will care too much as to what they do with it.

This is exciting, perhaps we will eventually see a Nack arc!!! :D

Also, introducing more villains is pretty cool, the battle armarda already have me more interested than the Iron Queen, plus there is so much room to develop them with side stories - like elaborating further on what I believe was armarda deserters: Jet and the Babylon Rogues and Bean...two stories I'd love to see! Jet and the rogues being AWESOME and Bean being a burping barrell of AWESOME, seriously, anything that guy touches is hilarious...and will explode.

Definitely looking forwards to seeing some Tails shenanigans and obscure game references!

Really wish they'd get better covers though, where is Spaz? Or at least someone who can do good covers. What happened to Renae Deliz as well?

Hmm, the Tails story sounds pretty...well, huh. Well, let's just wait and see, but sounds fairly odd.

The Iron Queen arc was just okay, IMO, and as for Regina, she was just meh, not too bad of a villain but not that great. Hopefully, we'll manage to see more Robotnik in the future and back to his (in)sane and devious self.

Edited by AdventChild

http://www.img.archiecomics.com/press/sth211_5.jpg

This coupled with the little date before is taking the piss on Sonamy and their fans, completely. They're deliberatly trying to make this a fanfiction.net scenario and making Sonic act cliché so Sonsally is deemed interesting and original. I hope they aren't fooling anyone with this.

About the Tails' Adventure, it's been a while since Tails had relevance to anything, so I'm looking forward to it. I just hope it's not rehash of the game story, because if I wanted that I'd go play the game. It was like that AOSTH meme, it feels like they're running out of ideas.

"Trouble in Paradise Part One": Tails takes the spotlight in this brand new adventure! The twin-tailed fox treats his friends Bunnie and Antoine to a long over-due honeymoon on the remote and idyllic Cocoa Island... but not remote enough to keep a brand new villainous force from spoiling the party! Who are these foul fowl? What do they want? And more importantly, will our heroes survive their first encounter with the fine-feathered fiends?!

HERE COME THE DRUMS :D

YES!

The Battle Kukkus finally make a reappearance after their 15 year absence! Sure, they may not be part of the Sonic Team canon - but they're one of the few exceptions that I've actually grown a fondness for and it's nice to see them out of retirement. Great Battle Kukku 15th, Speedy, and Dr. Fukurokov all managed to exude personality even with the limitations of the Game Gear, so I can't wait to see some actual dialogue and action out of them.

As for Dr. Eggman Nega...

You've got a point, and unfortunately it's one of those where I have to plug my ears and go "la-la-la-la-la!"

For whatever reason, Dr. Nega is pretty much unavailable to us. We had to push and make very clear we'd only be name-dropping / vaguely hinting at him. Hopefully he'll become more available to us in the future and we can have some serious multiverse chaos.

Hopefully that gets resolved soon. I'm curious as to how they'll integrate him - their take on anything from the games tend to become a bit warped from the source material.

As for Dr. Eggman Nega...

Hopefully that gets resolved soon. I'm curious as to how they'll integrate him - their take on anything from the games tend to become a bit warped from the source material.

Not sure how they could warp the source material any further than it already is. The whole future/alternate reality/Eggman's parrallel doppleganger/descendant thing is messed up enough as is.

The only reason I see SEGA witholding Nega being used is that they themselves don't know what to do with him. If they let Archie use him they would have to give some background, some character description and what the can and can't do with him, which means they would actually have to sort out the convoluted mess they made - which is too much effort for SEGA.

I don't really mind anyway. All I see Archie doing with Nega anyway is just making him some ultimate badguy that tricks Robotnik, and that Robotnik and the FF will have to team up to beat, and we've had enough goody-two-shoes Robotnik in the games.

I would only want to see Eggman Nega if his story's have something to do with Blaze and her dimension.

Assistant Editor Paul Kaminski answered a Q&A on the Archie blogs regarding the comic and a few things that we can expect to come. Personally, I'm thrilled to hear about another world tour, it's about time we got to explore the different areas of Mobius again. Hopefully we'll get a little more depth and some new areas to look at as well.

Also, Eggplant over at Bumbleking kindly posted the spoilers for #211:

SPOILERS HERE! Getcha groundbreaking spoilers!

------

Post preview, Sally is telling Snively that she gave him too many chances (GEE WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CLUE). Snively insisted that it wasn't over and that the ninja clans would come to the Dominion's aid. Then Monkey Khan came in on his cloud and told the Yagyu and their leader that the clan was free of the Iron Queen. Lien-Da was skeptical of the Yagyu's cooperation, but the Yagyu leader said some stuff about the word of honor being sacred "even between fierce rivals." Yagyu leave, Lien-Da is angry.

Then Lien-Da realizes she can control the Dark Egg Legion and says the Eggman Empire is now hers. The Iron Queen tries to control the legion using the neuro-chips, but of course it doesn't work. Lien-Da thinks she's got it made... then IQ commands the bomb IN Lien-Da's cybernetics to EXPLODE. Is she alive? I DUNNO! (It's not directly stated. I'll scan the page and you can judge for yourself, if you want)

The Dark Legion guys ask Snively to take the lead, but he freaks out and runs away (typical Snively). The DEL retreats. In the meantime, Espio appears out of nowhere when Sonic and MK wonder how they're gonna take out Jun Kun. Espio presents them with the fan of Fen Xing, Khan fires it (or whatever you do with a fan), and the Iron King goes BLASTING OFF AGAAAIN! *ding*

Snively flees to the detention center to free Eggman (way to protect your girl, dude). They have a little dialogue, and the pair escape to the Eggdome. And thus the cycle begins anew...

Regina is trying to defend herself back at the stadium. Sally tells her that no harm will come to her if she surrenders. Khan actually agrees with that, claiming Sally convinced him that "justice is more important than revenge". If you thought Butler's Eggman was scary, wait until you see Regina in Final Boss mode. Whoooooa. She uses the nanites to create a Zan-like mech (yeah, Zan, Dulcy's abusive ex-boyfriend. That's how I remember him, anyway). Tails, MK and Amy work together to weaken the mech. In desperation, IQ attempts escape, only to be stopped by SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ©! In an amazing light show, Zan-mech goes boom and Regina falls to the ground.

The Iron Queen is arrested and NICOLE says all systems are stable, and that she can find no signs of the Yagyu or the Legion. Cue Sonic and Amy hug. Cue Ken and Sally hug.

Meanwhile... Snively and Eggman are heading back to the Eggdome, and Robotnik has a plan again! Ah, it's been such a long time since he's had a coherent plan. Good to see the fat dude back in the saddle, but you gotta feel sorry for Snivs.

THE END

(I hope to Aurora Lien-Da isn't dead.)

Off Panel involves Gran Gordo. It's extremely awesome.

Scans, anyone? (not too many, my comp is acting up)

Eggplant also included 2 scans:

ohnoes2.png

ohnoes-1.png

Edited by Megasponge
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lien da won't die me thinks. Since the bombs are gone along with the Iron Queen I'm guessing the Dark Legion will be run by Lien Da by herself. glad to see the Iron Queen and Snively getting what they deserve (don't like either of them) but why is Eggman hiring him again? I'd throttle the little bastard. Who wants to bet Eggman will find Dimitri in his box?

The Iron Queen gets arrested? Sweet! At least that way she still has the potential to be a threat in the future.

That was quite unexpected for her to detonate Lien-Da's bomb in her cybernetics. I hope she isn't dead...I really hope she doesn't go the way of Dimitri, unless they really amaze me with her new form.

She got arrested and now Eggman is in control again. Pretty great issue!

That, and judging by the cover of the next issue, it might not be the last of Regina.

• 2 weeks later...

New covers released:

sth215.650.jpg

su18.650.jpg

Is that Speedy from Tails' Adventure in SU? :D

No solicits released, yet.

So it seems like Archie are mimicking Marvel in the "pull names from a hat and put them together as a team"idea; Sonic, Rotor and...Silver?? Random. The Tails Adventure looks to be pretty awesome though! But I am missing Spaz on the covers :(

Got SU#15 today....what's with Flying frog? Since when was he Bean?? I'd like to keep the awesomeness of being a complete random to ONE character to keep it unique thank you very much! <_<

Also, I don't know if they will touch on this, and I hope they do, but I wonder if they will address (in depth) Espio's betrayal of the Chaotix, because so far apart from a few small small moments, we haven't seen the Chaotix's feelings on this....and eventually when Espio returns I would like it to all feel fluid and not just a quick patch-up.

So it seems like Archie are mimicking Marvel in the "pull names from a hat and put them together as a team"idea; Sonic, Rotor and...Silver?? Random.

I approve of this method, though. They need to mix it up and give strange character interactions some screentime. God knows we've had enough Sonic / Tails or Sonic / Eggman over the years. Bring on a Knuckles / Bean arc or a Blaze / Ray one! :P

I approve of this method, though. They need to mix it up and give strange character interactions some screentime. God knows we've had enough Sonic / Tails or Sonic / Eggman over the years. Bring on a Knuckles / Bean arc or a Blaze / Ray one! :P

Froggy/Bark team up! The first Sonic comic with no speech whatsoever!

I'm not oppossed to the idea completely, it just seems to me to be quite strange, plus any story that has Silver in it usually has to delve into reasons why he has to be there, which will either be pertaining to~~~ssssaaaving the fUUUuuutuuuure~~~~, or else chucking him in with no reason at all - both of which are annoying as the first takes space to explain that could be used for...more action! and the latter wouldn't make much sense to just chuck Silver in with no explaination.

I'm in no way hating on Silver, it's just that if they want to make him more of a character in the comics I don't think having him show up in the main story so frequently is the way to do it. How about utilizing the comic MEANT for side stories; Sonic Universe, and having a decent length running arc about Silver and his future world...that would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past more interesting than the M:XXYL-bulltwat stories. Then, after Silver is an established character who you get to see in his OWN environment, making it all the more interesting - you can have him pop up in the main story at some random time and it will feel more fresh then having him every few arcs show up in the main story with some tacted together excuse for being there.

EDIT: Also, now that they are forcing this crappy Amy/Sonic relationship, why do I see this eventuating into Silver being their child or descendant at least... <_< I guess probably the only good thing I can say about M:XXYL is that it pretty much confirmed the Sonic/Sally thing.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I guess probably the only good thing I can say about M:XXYL is that it pretty much confirmed the Sonic/Sally thing.

Not really. M:YL arcs are not confirming anything, since it's not a future set in stone. It's a "possible" future as Archie themselves call it.

Froggy/Bark team up! The first Sonic comic with no speech whatsoever!

Better then the generic Sonic/Tails/Knuckles trio we often get for the hundredth time. But it will never beat a Shadow/Big team up. :lol: (I'm actually starting to become more fond of Big for some unknown reason)

I'm not oppossed to the idea completely, it just seems to me to be quite strange,

But on the brighter side, it can help make things fresh and bring out some more material for future plots. There is so much you can do with the same thing before it gets old, so the more mix-ups the merrier better.

I'm in no way hating on Silver, it's just that if they want to make him more of a character in the comics I don't think having him show up in the main story so frequently is the way to do it. How about utilizing the comic MEANT for side stories; Sonic Universe, and having a decent length running arc about Silver and his future world...that would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past more interesting than the M:XXYL-bulltwat stories. Then, after Silver is an established character who you get to see in his OWN environment, making it all the more interesting - you can have him pop up in the main story at some random time and it will feel more fresh then having him every few arcs show up in the main story with some tacted together excuse for being there.

Or better yet, why not throw some of the other characters into Silver's future, provided it isn't anything we would come to expect too obviously from the game canon? Silver's world was really apocalyptic in the games, so why not see a magnificent, bustling metropolis instead?

EDIT: Also, now that they are forcing this crappy Amy/Sonic relationship, why do I see this eventuating into Silver being their child or descendant at least... <_< I guess probably the only good thing I can say about M:XXYL is that it pretty much confirmed the Sonic/Sally thing.

Shhh...we're not suppose to talk about that. :unsure:

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Solicits have now been released, as well as The Sonic Archives 13 preview.

sth215.650.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #215

PART ONE OF A HEROIC TWO PART TALE

"Family Matters - Part One": Sonic journeys to the frozen Northern Tundra to link up with the Arctic Freedom Fighters and attempt to rescue Rotor's family and herd from the latest Dark Egg Legion threat! Rotor wants to come out of retirement to save his family, but first he'll have to face... Silver?!

PLUS: "Future Tense": A glimpse into the "time" that Silver calls home!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Steven Butler, Terry Austin, John Workman, and Matt Herms

Shipping Date: July 21st, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: July 28th, 2010

Newsstands: Week of August 10th, 2010

32-page, 40 lb glossy stock, full-color comic

$2.99 US

su18.650.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #18

PART TWO OF AN ALL-NEW SOLO TAILS ADVENTURE!

"Trouble in Paradise Part Two": An island ablaze and a vacation turned disastrous - what's a two-tailed fox to do?! Tails must fight impossible odds and the vengeful Speedy to rescue his friends! Can he do so before Bunnie succumbs to the dark side... or before Antoine makes a fatal mistake? You can't afford to miss this thrilling installment!

SCRIPT: Ian Flynn

ART: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Phil Felix, and Jason Jenson

Shipping Date: July 7th, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: July 14th, 2010

Newsstands: Week of July 27th, 2010

32-page, 40 lb glossy stock, full-color comic

$2.99 US

sa13.650.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ARCHIVES #13

The Sonic Archives series collects digitally-restored classic Sonic stories in high-quality graphic novels! Sonic Archives Volume 13 includes the rare final chapters of the critical ENDGAME SAGA and related side-stories originally featured in the SONIC SUPER SPECIAL series. The story begins with Princess Sally presumed dead and Sonic framed for the murder! The plot darkens at a break-neck pace, leading to the final confrontation between Sonic and the original Dr. Robotnik!

SCRIPT: Michael Gallagher

ART: Manny Galan, Sam Maxwell, Art Mawhinney, and Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante

Shipping Date: July 14th, 2010

On Sale at Comic Shops: July 21st, 2010

112-page, full-color paperback

ISBN: 978-1879794559

$7.95 US

Yahh! It looks like Archives is printing Sonic Super Special # 6 of issue 50 as well as all of the related EndGame stories. <3 It looks like issue 51 and 52 will be in the next Archives.

So is the Tails Adventure mini-series a real adaptation of Tails Adventures?

edit: ah, I see Archie spoiled it by stuffing in Bunnie and Antoine.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

So is the Tails Adventure mini-series a real adaptation of Tails Adventures?

edit: ah, I see Archie spoiled it by stuffing in Bunnie and Antoine.

Well judging that is takes place on the same CoaCoa Island as Tails Adventure, the island begins burning like it does in Tails Adventure, he fights a character named Speedy which was a boss character in Tails Adventure, and the cover shows someone who looks like Speedy, then yes, I would say this is a Tails Adventure adaption.

I will not buy Archie Sonic comics again until they give us the Sonic Labyrinth adaptation! :P

;)