Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Don't you think you're being a little too picky on the character poses and artwork? I can understand criticism for the sake of the art, but calling out the poses like the IQ and Sonic and on Eggman's massive jaw seem a little too much to pick at.

I love great detail of things to be right, but forgive me when I say that I feel as though you're grabing straws in order to make criticism. Some things may be off, but I give it a pass on the overall image. Then again, so long as the image actually looks decent, anythings a pass for me. :lol:

EDIT: On second thought, it does look awkward when I look at the cover a secong time. I had it visuallized completely different after glimpsing it the first time. :blink:

Call me shallow, but I'm really an asthetics kinda guy. My main reason for purchase of the comics (besides them being Sonic of course) is their covers - As I don't care much for the current stories (Iron dominion, Eggman becoming more and more like his game counterpart, and the whole Sonic/Amy thing) I don't really enjoy the comics that much for story....unless they throw in Nack, Bean and Bark for some of the issues they did. However, as long as the cover is top notch work (aka, IMO: Spaz's stuff) then I forgive the comic and can't wait each month to own a piece of the art, as that is what it is to me, more art than a comic book.

Unfortunately, for me, both the story and the cover art is lacking these days with an abundance of Yardley covers and then this from Sanford........ I'm trying to see what he's going for.....but that is just UuuuuuGuhLiiiy.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I really hate the way Yardley draws the bottom of Sonic's shoes =\

Yeah, it looks like he has running shoes with hiking boot soles, though the way Sonic's brow appears to be a pair of mandibles is higher on my list.

I'm gonna agree, that cover is a little strange. Probably because it's a weird style. :mellow:

I love this panel of Eggman from the FCBD Issue though:

evileggman.jpg

DAMN that looks awesome.

I recieved issue 212 in the mail. Here's a summary.

1.Sonic and Tails search for Eggman until they find the room where Dimitri was sealed in a box by Lien-Da.

2.Sally declines Ken's offer to become his queen of the free people. She wants to make sure her and Sonic can't salvage their old relationship before starting a new one.

3.Knuckles and the Chaotix meet on Angel Island.

4.It turns out the whole reason Espio was on the floating island in the first place was to spy on Knuckles and gather information for his clan.

5.It also turns out that Vector is originally from Downunda and his street wise accent is just a means of hiding his origins.

6.Espio reveals that Mighty's sister might be alive and in connection with the Dark Egg Legion.

7.Mighty and Ray set off on an adventure to find Mighty's sister. I suppose that means they'll be getting a SU arc of their own.

8.The story end with Sonic and Sally setting off to have lunch together.

Pretty interesting issue. Can't wait to see where they go from here.

Got the Free Comic Book Day issue in the post this morning, will be reading it after lunch. :)

Edited by Mahzes

They went to a local comic shop on the local news this morning, that's a big pile of Sonics up for grabs! :)

To the comic shop! *wraps towel as a cape and flies into the sky*

Right, read the Free Comic Book Day issue earlier. It disturbed me at how many memories it brought back from my four-year span of reading the main series (issues #109-#164). D:

It did seem to summarise like, the last years' worth of plot, from what I can gather? Like I said, I've not read the main comic in about four years now, but I still have a vague idea of what's been happening from online previews/ summaries and whatnot.

Also, am I the only one who thought the ending was a total cop-out? I mean... that's one of the oldest (and weakest) plot excuses in the book.

Robotnik takes the spotlight in the FCBD issue! Man, I had to go to two locations to find this issue.

Robotnik saves Sonic from sure defeat, also Ivo's little hummingbird robot is adorable.

Also, am I the only one who thought the ending was a total cop-out? I mean... that's one of the oldest (and weakest) plot excuses in the book.

No, you're not the only one, I was a little disappointed with that. <_<

No, you're not the only one, I was a little disappointed with that. <_<

*Puts hand up* Me also, although flicking through the comic book from the last page like I usually do, I read it as though Eggman was toying with Sonic by destroying something that HE had made with something else he had made...when really it was a previous (or the original Robotnik) that had created it - which is still a cop out but less of one than what I'd previously thought.

Unfortunately what with Archie's Sonic being drawn closer and closer to that of the games Sonic I think we'll be seeing more of that sort of moves from Eggman. Whilst I still liked this edition of FCBD's Sonic (apart from the cover art) it disappoints me a little that the plots kinda seem pointless now - I'll explain what I mean - Sonic and co could've destroyed Eggman once and for all, instead after all those years and all the strife he put them through and lives he's ruined, they lock him up whilst the stupid Iron Dominion arc blew over ~ Now that Eggman's free, and slightly insane (ie: game version Eggman) it looks like he's going to toy with Sonic rather than want to genuinely destroy him; therefore we reach that lame point where Hero and Villain will never actually DO anything to back up the reason's why they fight, and instead it just becomes a futile back-and-forth, at which point I lose interest.

I can't root for a side when you know if one side gets the upperhand it won't matter because they'll willingly let advantage go back to even again - it makes everything moot.

Give me a Sonic that is the hero who genuinely despises Robotnik for what he's done and will fight valliantly to stop him, and give me the Eggman who will stop at nothing to conquer Mobius for himself.

Can someone scan the entire comic?

You know, I was about to comment saying how it'd be illegal (and it usually would be) to scan the whole comic... but given the comic's actually free anyway, would it even count? D:

Can someone scan the entire comic?

tails.kicks-ass.net

Look it up.

Edit: I find the idea of Hoenn telling Sinnoh what to do very hilarious.

Edited by Guest

It sounds like they are making Archie Eggman act more like the Eggman from the games. I don't know how I feel about this.

Game Eggman has become a joke. I'd rather see Archie Eggman stay as a hardcore evil villian.

• Thumbs Up 1

It sounds like they are making Archie Eggman act more like the Eggman from the games. I don't know how I feel about this.

Game Eggman has become a joke. I'd rather see Archie Eggman stay as a hardcore evil villian.

Agreed.

And to all those people who will complain about this view; don't be greedy, you've already got game Eggman acting like a fool, at least let us keep the one last actually EVIL Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agreed.

And to all those people who will complain about this view; don't be greedy, you've already got game Eggman acting like a fool, at least let us keep the one last actually EVIL Eggman.

Thirded? That'll do.

I'm just wondering...would it be possible to portray Archie Eggman in the same way in the games? I'm not sure they could pull it off, even if they wanted to. Must be the way they can make him look really dark with the art and shiz. I mean, look at that picture posted a few pages back where he's towering over Snively...holy crap.

Still, I think Archie Eggman is such a great example of a twisted villain. Sure he can forget how to use his common sense sometimes, but he does things HIS way and he won't let anyone tell him otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Haha, fourth'd. Glad there's people who agree with me - we need at least one last bastion of Eggman evilness ): I really don't want him turning right into games Eggman. Boo!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

You mean the Eggman who broke apart the world and released an evil creature that terrorizes the planet, attacks and possesses people, and has a track record of destroying the world, terrorizes small villages, attempts to blow up large cities filled with people though a missile, destroys the moon as a threat, and actually attempts to destroy the entire world...

So he can build a theme park.

Yeah. He's such a good person. He should get a nobel prize.

They're really both just as evil as the other. SEGA, however, doesn't have as large of a cast, and the comic relief then goes to everyone but Sonic and Tails. It's not just Eggman, it's everyone.

Also I have been trying to read these, up to #20, and I have no idea when a plot is going to start.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Also I have been trying to read these, up to #20, and I have no idea when a plot is going to start.

Off topic, but as far as I'm aware the continuos plot begins at the Mecha Madness saga.

Just read SU #15. Wow, seriously, Sally slugging Fiona in the gut hard enough to make her double up after Fiona was taunting Tails was just... epic =D Most awesome thing I've seen Sal do in a while. You go, girl!

• Bad Quality Post 1

Just read SU #15. Wow, seriously, Sally slugging Fiona in the gut hard enough to make her double up after Fiona was taunting Tails was just... epic =D Most awesome thing I've seen Sal do in a while. You go, girl!

Aunt Sally is protective of her little Tails. It's so cute.

And how, pray tell has he became a joke? Because he shows feelings outside of a "normal" villain range?

That takes balls, actually.

Edited by Kintobor

Agreed.

At least we have same old Snively. :) But seriously Archie needs to keep the comic in more of a style like SatAM. The video game series of Sonic already dominates every Sonic thing which comes out.