Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

wooow! i see Duff McWhalen right there!

i love how this is looking so far.. so many variant covers to see! *o*

Remember that concern about Geoffrey being 21 and Sally being 14-15 from the Thanks, Ken Penders blog but there was never official proof?

Penders confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/587282337999691778

That's right. He knowingly paired a 15 year old with a 21 year old in the comic.

Oh, I had forgotten about Zomnom, all that's left is Zavok, Eggman, Tyris Flare, Quake Woman, Viewtiful Joe, Alex Kidd, Naga, that Monster Hunter Dragon who's name I forgot, plus whoever else from the 14 serieses that are represented in this crossover.

So how well does Ian know about each franchise thats going to be involved in this cross over? I hope hes been doing his research.

Based on his Sonic and Mega Man stuff, I'd put some trust that Ian did his research. There's always a chance he didnt but I'll be optimistic for now.

Remember that concern about Geoffrey being 21 and Sally being 14-15 from the Thanks, Ken Penders blog but there was never official proof?

Penders confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/587282337999691778

That's right. He knowingly paired a 15 year old with a 21 year old in the comic.

Ugh. Yeah, that's been known for a while, Pen just skirted the issue until now. In the grand scheme of things, a six year age gap can matter very little. But when one of the parties is still a mid-teen, that's when you have to rethink things. Doesnt help that Sally outright kissed Geoffrey at the end of her mini and a few other occasions. Nor does his envy of Sonic make him look all that great eiher.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I had forgotten about Zomnom, all that's left is Zavok, Eggman, Tyris Flare, Quake Woman, Viewtiful Joe, Alex Kidd, Naga, that Monster Hunter Dragon who's name I forgot, plus whoever else from the 14 serieses that are represented in this crossover.

Eggman's already on there.

You can see him drilling his way to a spot right next to X's Buster.

Well Amy was stated to be stated to be ten in the early comics (and only aged up physically), though a ten year old having a one sided crush on a 15 year old is less squickish than a 21 year old having a mutual crush on one.

How would this fare for the ever growing BigAlly fans however? XD

Does Big even have a stated age? Like, I know that Rouge is SUPPOSED to be in the 15-17 range herself, but sounds and acts much older than that.

She WAS 17 in Heroes, possibly due to a typo.

Were the Freedom Fighters ages stated after the reboot? Did they stay the same or did they reset according to the games characters?

She WAS 17 in Heroes, possibly due to a typo.

Were the Freedom Fighters ages stated after the reboot? Did they stay the same or did they reset according to the games characters?

Ian seems to be avoiding the question. Someone asked about their ages in the Ask Ian topic and he didn't answer it.

Ian seems to be avoiding the question. Someone asked about their ages in the Ask Ian topic and he didn't answer it.

That guy was me. I just blame my very existence for that. I was probably not worthy of having that question answered.

Sonic character ages never made sense to me with some of them......then again same said for sending A 10 year old out a journey filled with freaking powerful creatures that can level mountains, crush trucks with their mind, and pretty much shape the world.

Characters tend to be way too intelligent for their ages anyway.

To this day I have never met a 6-year-old as knowelagable and well-spoken as Cream or Charmy.

Characters tend to be way too intelligent for their ages anyway.

To this day I have never met a 6-year-old as knowelagable and well-spoken as Cream or Charmy.

Pretty much, yeah. To use another Sonic example, Tails' age can be unbelievable sometimes, at least for me, though I guess he's supposed to be super smart, so him being precocious makes sense. Still, he usually reads as like, 14 at the least. And considering this is an issue with a lot of things it's certainly not just the Sonic franchise's general writing quality. Guess it''s because writers are, well...not kids, lol

All that aside, the Geoffrey and Sally thing was still pretty bad. I, for one, blame the 90s.

Its also a major problem when SEGA is adament to make sure the Sonic characters never age. The fiasco with ages in Generations can attest to that.

The whole mess with Geoffrey was just an extention about the terrible way that Pen and Karl set up the Royal Court, tho. Lest we forget the Sally/Patch wedding blunder?

It is really ridiculous and frustrating, but SEGA gets what SEGA wants and they dont want young game characters with young show/comic characters.

Frankly, I thought it was a small miracle seeing a younger Sonic depicted in flashback with Breezie and the S6, even if, if my memory is right, they couldn't say how far back that happened.

Plus the look of the other characters makes it plausible for it to look like it could be set in the modern day as well, to appease SEGA. Sally has a very distinctive kid design that would tip off the reader in two seconds that Sonic was supposed to be a kid. Breezie had her present proportions, just in a different outfit, and the S6 are robots who can't age.

Also from Ian; Archie were restricted to 6 franchises per company each for Worlds Unite, so what we've seen is what we get. That, and the fact that the franchise is borderline not-all-ages, is why Darkstalkers didn't make it in.

That guy was me. I just blame my very existence for that. I was probably not worthy of having that question answered.

It sounds more like Ian was avoiding to open a can of worms.

I read the Origins backstories yesterday and it's really fucking distracting that Ian seriously cannot depict Sonic, Tails, etc. as kids interacting with the rest of the FFs in the past. These mandates are getting increasingly moronic

Maybe in this timeline he didn't know the FF's till later like in Genesis? It seems like his adventures before the FF were similar to AOSTH. 

Maybe in this timeline he didn't know the FF's till later like in Genesis? It seems like his adventures before the FF were similar to AOSTH. 

or maybe at some oldie games?... :D

his little adventure there was a little spin off from "Sonic 2"  from "game gear".. a game where if you don't get all the chaos emeralds

Tails can die  :lol:

and also ... Scratch , Coconuts and grounder appeared on "Robotnik's mean bean machine"

Sally and the freedom Fighters appeared at Sonic Spinball as a cameo

:)

6XYKL.png  also muttsky did a cameo on that game

EDIT:

Plus the look of the other characters makes it plausible for it to look like it could be set in the modern day as well, to appease SEGA. Sally has a very distinctive kid design that would tip off the reader in two seconds that Sonic was supposed to be a kid

i rememinded this page.. Sally and Sonic first met?

sonic_the_hedgehog_issue_265_pg_14_by_so

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 1

Breezie had her present proportions, just in a different outfit, and the S6 are robots who can't age.

Maybe because

she's a robot?

In seriousness she did seem a lot more 'twiggy' in the flashback

Okay, going to have to break the age discussion off for a bit for some more fascinating behind the scenes shenanigans.

So the artist for #272's cover showed off some of the process art for said cover. Several of the very early pencils showed off concepts with notes denoting that Chaos Gamma (from Battle) would be involved in the story against Sonic. We had a bit of speculation about how Chaos Gamma would fit, but Ian has replied as thus;

No, sadly, that plot line had to be scrapped. STH#272 and SU#75 were... heavily directed by Paul before his departure.

I might get to rework the story sometime down the line, though.

So, no Chaos Gamma in #272.

• Thumbs Up 1

that flash back makes me think it took place during sonic 1 (man i'm having to much fun trying to come up with theories on the new timeline for the rebooted universe) also after looking around it does seem like dark brotherhood is the only game that hasn't happened yet which assuming they do adapt this game makes me wonder what they will do to set up the game (since it started off with eggman assumingly being beaten for the last time. "not" and sonic going sightseeing for a unknown amount of time

Okay, going to have to break the age discussion off for a bit for some more fascinating behind the scenes shenanigans.

So the artist for #272's cover showed off some of the process art for said cover. Several of the very early pencils showed off concepts with notes denoting that Chaos Gamma (from Battle) would be involved in the story against Sonic. We had a bit of speculation about how Chaos Gamma would fit, but Ian has replied as thus;

So, no Chaos Gamma in #272.

darn I liked chaos gamma in sonic battle