Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Okay, going to have to break the age discussion off for a bit for some more fascinating behind the scenes shenanigans.

So the artist for #272's cover showed off some of the process art for said cover. Several of the very early pencils showed off concepts with notes denoting that Chaos Gamma (from Battle) would be involved in the story against Sonic. We had a bit of speculation about how Chaos Gamma would fit, but Ian has replied as thus;

So, no Chaos Gamma in #272.

So, where can we see the proto-covers?

Also does this mean no Chaos Gamma period?

So, where can we see the proto-covers?

Also does this mean no Chaos Gamma period?

Cover concepts are here.

And...I don't think so. Not too sure, but it sounded like there was something up on the staff level.

• Thumbs Up 2

1- Fear that SEGA'd complain

2- He just asked for the story to be more related to the crossover somehow

Two theories I can think of. Dunno, we'll need the actual issue to compare and look at

• Thumbs Up 2

Complain about what? Battle seems fine to touch on, but the crossover tie-in makes more sense.

I don't think Chaos Gamma is off the table, if Battle and the Advance games no longer have their restrictions, it just seems like Kaminski wanted things to feed directly into the crossover. SEGA seems fine with original E-series 'bots that fill out the series between Zeta and Omega for various Egg Army outposts, it's possible Chaos Gamma, if it's still around at all, will show up as another Super Badnik in the Death Egg at some point. Who knows? It definitely seems like it was more an editorial decision than a licensing one.

tumblr_nmlggrLhnI1qcakmpo1_1280.jpg

BTW who's the girl on the Poster image in the blue suit shooting out a star, is she from the Alex Kidd games cause I never ever seen her before.

• Thumbs Up 6

oops we missed a cover two more remain wink"

CCQnSvaW4AACb7C.jpg

also zavok HAS to be in the bottom right corner if everyone else from the deadly six has shown up cept him

Never really that big on Chaos Gamma anyway. The original SA1 version was what made me love him. Aside from a cheap way to make the old character reappear, he may as well have been a whole different robot design in Battle.

Concerning that panel with young Sonic and Sally, maybe that was made before Origins. Or just getting crap under the radar. The proportions are also a bit vague, you can't tell if they're young or just chibi-fied or what, especially since Sonic's distanced from Sally.

I always thought the prototype backstory would have worked better anyway (in the miniseries and Satam bible where Robotnik only takes over in the recent past and Sonic and co meet each other when they are teens). It required less suspension of disbelief anyway, even the original 'Julian' incarnation looked too incompetent to hold power for over a decade and I don't buy all those Robians maintaining their sanity for that long either.

Incase anybody is wondering how close we are to finishing the Worlds Unite variant

CCgJ_lSW4AA-lAO.jpg

• Thumbs Up 9

Incase anybody is wondering how close we are to finishing the Worlds Unite variant

CCgJ_lSW4AA-lAO.jpg

I better see a poster made of that archie I really want to hang it in my room :lol:

• Thumbs Up 5

Hate to snoop, but did anyone find out why Kaminski left? He'd been around for more than half of Ian's tenure.

And I'm hoping his replacement wont snooze on the job like Gabrie did...

At least if he does we can trust Ian not to go insane like Ken.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hate to snoop, but did anyone find out why Kaminski left? He'd been around for more than half of Ian's tenure.

No we don't but we can trust Vin since he was the assistant editor for 4 years so I think he knows what he's doing

March comic book sales are out, and we have some Archie titles on the list. 

224. Sonic The Hedgehog #270 - Price: $3.99/Publisher: Archie/Estimated: 7,798
255. Sonic Universe #74 - Price: $3.99/Publisher: Archie/Estimated:6,456
258. Sonic Boom #5 - Price: 3.99/Publisher: Archie/Estimated: 6,442
270. Mega Man #47 - Price: $3.99/Publisher: Archie/Estimated: 6,016

These come from ICv2 that looks at the top 300 comics sold during the month for the direct market/physical sales area. 

Source: The Fandom Post

those covers my wallet can't handle affording all these covers from worlds collide and the secret wars and batman arkham knight all at the same time O-O

So Breezie will be in World's Unite? Interesting. That's a lot sooner than I expected.

Why would she be? It's just a variant cover.

275's cover is out 

Sonic275tracyvar1.jpg

Let's see how many levels and areas are on here:

-Green Hill Zone

-Labyrinth Zone?

-Chemical Plant Zone

-Angel Island

-Death Egg

-Station Square

-Emerald Coast

-Quartz Quadrant

-Little Planet

-Windmill Isle/Apotos

and…the Vec-O-matic from Sonic Spinball?!

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic275Rafavar1.jpg

wooooow!!  the colors the models  that butterfly!!!

so  amazing!   i wonder why is this still not a game!?

• Thumbs Up 2