Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I just realised we're almost back to 1000 pages on this topic!

While I'm definitely excited for Worlds Unite, I can't help but feel that they won't be able to top World Collides' cliffhanger. I know for a fact that when I saw the conclusion of Part 12, I was extremely excited to see what Eggman caused to Sonic's world and seeing the cover for Mega Man #28 where we saw Mega Man running through a city in dismay made me really excited to see that issue. I don't know, maybe Worlds Unite can top it.

I'm wondering if any of the Sonic/Mega Man Classic characters will remember Worlds Collide? With the Sonic cast's pre-SGW memories gone, and WC not having happened yet in the Mega Man world, I don't see how anyone can hold onto their memories. I mean, Mega's world might be jettisoned into the future again, but Eggman specifically said that Genesis Waves are no longer possible in the Sonic multiverse. (issue 257)

This concerns me a bit, since we might have to sit through the characters meeting and introducing themselves again, and it doesn't help that multiple other worlds will be introduced, too!

Since Sonic is now closer to his game world, he doesn't have a reason to lose his memories. Except for maybe the Deadly Six.

Mega Man has to if he doesn't want to keep his memories about X's future.

Oh. My mistake.

Neither of the two remember Worlds Collide so unless something makes them remember, I don't see it happening.

They probably won't need to since we know Eggman and Wily aren't going to try and pit them against each other this time.

That way they can be friends from the start.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic should at least remember that it happened, just without all the details.

I imagine that both sides will slowly have the memories of the first crossover flooding back in during the story.

I imagine that due to the severity of Worlds Collide plus the fact that it still happened in a post-GW world plus the fact he remembered Genesis that he will at least remember more or less the events of Worlds Collide. Not all details mind up you but he'll likely remember Mega Man. There is a way to get around that issue though. Maybe when Sigma causes the world merge, it causes the memories of Worlds Collide to flood back into all the characters' memories?

if they remember anything I would hope it would only be the skull egg zone parts and so forth seeing as how that would spoil megaman 4-10 on who his baddie robots are.

and for sonic we don't need to repeat the dual memories story again

amusingly I want to call this the megaman x 9 of sorts seeing as how this apparently takes place after all the known megaman x events

I also wonder if sigma being the main villain of this whole giant scheme could hint at a megaman x comic line in the future

Hey awesome were back to 1000 pages again! :D

Why does a best of have variants? jesus they are really trying to suck money out of this crossover this time.

Good thing I don't buy variants. I'm trying (with varying degrees of success) to cut back on the spending.

Oh hey, we've finally reached a 1000 pages! This calls for a celebatory review! By yours truly, of course.

Well I’m pretty sure it’s pretty safe to say that Champions is probably my favorite post-reboot arc in the comics yet! And I’m also pretty sure that everyone knows why but screw it, why not repeat it again? The fanbase is pretty redundant with a lot of things, so whatever.

First of all, it’s the facial expressions. I just love how expressive the looks of the characters faces were whether it was Tails being all grump about losing to Honey, pretty much every appearance of Bean, Knux owning Nack Looney Tunes style and many more. And since Diana Skelly has returned to the forums without us ever knowing it in the first place, I want to personally say thank you for bringing in all the laughs with such expressions, this is one arc I will not forget and I hope you will continue to do more work with Archie and hopefully grow from there on!

Moving on, another thing I liked about this arc is its tone. It was a lot more light-hearted than most of the Archie comics but that didn’t mean it was going to write down to the lowest common denominator, which is something I rather despise Colors’ story of. Unlike that game, it was still a whole lot of fun to read and it was that’s what I needed to be, just fun.

Granted, I haven’t watched a whole lot of episodes of AoStH but seeing Breezie appearing in the comics was quite a pleasant surprise and seeing how she was born in the slums and had to work with Eggman to get herself in a better place and now, became a very successful businesswoman was quite the interesting take on the character who originally had not a whole lot to go with. So kudos to Flynn! Seeing Coconuts, Scratch and Grounder again always brings a joy to me so that’s another plus!

The entire cast in this arc was just nothing short of great. Seeing that this is pretty much an adaptation to Sonic the Fighters, seeing Honey appear and bringing in such great moments was, yet again, amazing. The arc also had its nice character moments whether it was Sonic cheering Tails up, Sonic being concerned about Amy’s well-being after being obliterated by Knux, Sonic willing to call it quits to help Knuckles continue his quest to get the Master Emerald shards, Knux not being bothered by Nack’s insults and so many more.

I don’t really think there were any actual flaws to the arc really. It was just a bunch of fun, from beginning to end. It is arcs like these that make me still love Sonic even if the games aren’t always that great, there’s still plenty of other media to still love about Sonic and I can’t wait to read Worlds Unite. Might even read Worlds Collide just to get my hype train going!

• Thumbs Up 9

Woo, 1000 pages... now I'm just wondering when Mighty and Ray shall return, same goes for Nagus, but guess I'll probably have to wait till after Worlds Unite

• Thumbs Up 1

Woo, 1000 pages... now I'm just wondering when Mighty and Ray shall return, same goes for Nagus, but guess I'll probably have to wait till after Worlds Unite

You got the FCBD issue early?

What's the stories like?

These were posted by Archie, actually.

Ah right.

I was just wondering as it's around this time that some people manage to get their hands on the FCBD issue early. I thought we might have gotten our first official story look at Worlds Unite beyond solicts. 

UxLW2eq.jpg

Looks they flipped Sonic's cover the right way around.

So is this going to be an all new story, or the kind that just snippets from elsewhere and can be skipped without missing anything?

So is this going to be an all new story, or the kind that just snippets from elsewhere and can be skipped without missing anything?

The preview Diamond published shows there's a new story along with catch-up material.

wait wait wait I just noticed xander panes shiv in that preview is blue could that one of sonics quills he's using to draw on his cell room?

EDIT:wait never mind saw his shiv in a earlier panel its clearly made of metal

From the previews, It appears that the Sonic half of the story will be the Worlds Unite prelude that's going to appear in Sonic Super Special Magazine #16. Mega Man on the other hand will likely be short parts of Dawn of X where Xander sees Sonic and Mega Man plus the Xander segments that's been in Mega Man since Dawn of X.

From the previews, It appears that the Sonic half of the story will be the Worlds Unite prelude that's going to appear in Sonic Super Special Magazine #16. Mega Man on the other hand will likely be short parts of Dawn of X where Xander sees Sonic and Mega Man plus the Xander segments that's been in Mega Man since Dawn of X.

And considering the Super Special hasn't come out yet (supposed to have come out last month but got delayed), now's the question of which version will hit first. Just like last year funnily enough.

COME ON, METAL! Bring another Emerald back to our glorious omelet-overlord!

And it looks like Silver STILL hasn't fixed his future. Oh well, at least he won't be harassing the Freedom Fighters anymore.