Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I think the facial changes were kinda necessities the AoSth team made to express their personalities more (eg. Grounder's open eyes (and the dial which made his 'pupils' almost dilated and 'puppy dog' like) which made some dopey moments hilarious, and Scratch's beak design from the show made him look more snide). This is why I didn't like Archie changing the Satam faces too much either (though that happened LONG ago). Coconuts is more or less the same with the smug mouth and beady little eyes, so he's pretty much fine.

Gaaaghh! Diana would turn up personally just when I started talking about all this. I adored her work otherwise. She punctuated nearly every other character's personality, and even if that is Jampole's proportioning, those are definitely her expressions.

Hey guuuysss, (I'm surprised I was able to log back in to this account.)

Anyway I'm Diana and the first theory is correct. Jampole did the layouts while I drew on top of them. I wanted to finish the arc but I did what I could at the time and I was just grateful for the assist.

Welcome back, and thanks for clearing that up ;)   Also, I just want to say your work on this comic so far has been flawless.  Thanks for making this story so alive.  Makes me wish I could draw like that :P

I think the facial changes were kinda necessities the AoSth team made to express their personalities more (eg. Grounder's open eyes (and the dial which made his 'pupils' almost dilated and 'puppy dog' like) which made some dopey moments hilarious, and Scratch's beak design from the show made him look more snide). This is why I didn't like Archie changing the Satam faces too much either (though that happened LONG ago). Coconuts is more or less the same with the smug mouth and beady little eyes, so he's pretty much fine.

Gaaaghh! Diana would turn up personally just when I started talking about all this. I adored her work otherwise. She punctuated nearly every other character's personality, and even if that is Jampole's proportioning, those are definitely her expressions.

• Thumbs Up 5

The panda isn't here, time to cross-post trade paperback covers.

yV7Yekb.jpg

pWIiuQF.jpg

lhoGrOQ.jpg

qRlQRCB.jpg

2iGmyZS.jpg

YDdZhJ0.jpg

Sonic Archives #26 is obviously not the proper cover.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Nice to see another mention of the art book, I'm really curious what exactly they'll include. The cover has a decent mix of pre and post reboot artwork, but all of it from Flynn's era. I'm hoping they'll be able to do something to include older material, but I don't want to get too optimistic about that right now. I'll definitely keep an eye on this!

I'm also hoping they're going to go back to printing on the good paper for these books again, but I'm not holding my breath.

They're allowed to reprint the Universe arc with Penders' characters? I thought that was a no go.

It's old material, I'm guessing, which is sort of in a grey zone. Nothing that's featured his characters so far has had to be altered or skipped so far, with the exception of the title for Sonic Sagas 5, and even then "Enerjak" is still in the back cover summary and the text is unchanged within the pages.

....*copy-paste*

'For the Penders cover reprint issue, it's complicated. From what I gather, it's allowed as long as the book has no new content in it, so it can't be in the Digests and Magazines (and was avoided on Sonic Archives, Sonic Select and Sonic Legacy), but it can be used if it's just a complete reprint of old material like the Sonic Saga and Sonic Universe trades.'

And yes, that pretty much applies to the content as well.

On another note, there's been several changes to the Saga Series 9 cover from the original #200 cover. These are...

The cover has been altered so the giant #200 has been removed from the cover and all other references to the issue being the 200th issue has also been removed, such as the Issue 200 written around the ring.

Tails' placement in the cover has also been mirrored. In the original cover, he was on the right side but here, he's been moved to the left side.

Really liking the art book's cover.  As for Saga's, I was sort of hoping they've use #199's instead, but I guess #200's makes sense.

....*copy-paste*

'For the Penders cover reprint issue, it's complicated. From what I gather, it's allowed as long as the book has no new content in it, so it can't be in the Digests and Magazines (and was avoided on Sonic Archives, Sonic Select and Sonic Legacy), but it can be used if it's just a complete reprint of old material like the Sonic Saga and Sonic Universe trades.'

And yes, that pretty much applies to the content as well.

How does this apply to Knuckles Archives? I know it's discontinued so it doesn't matter, but if it's only reprints and no new material, shouldn't they have been safe? Or does their cancellation have to do with other things, like sales?

Knuckles Archives mainly follows the same rules as Sonic Archives so the covers don't have Penders characters on the covers (because it's new art) but could feature the stories. 

No reason for the cancellation yet. Could easily be sales (because the Knuckles series wasn't interesting and didn't have Sonic), but bear in mind that Penders tried to have shipment of KA#3 halted so who knows.

No reason for the cancellation yet. Could easily be sales (because the Knuckles series wasn't interesting and didn't have Sonic), but bear in mind that Penders tried to have shipment of KA#3 halted so who knows.

His lawyers. Not Ken himself. That misconcention gets thrown around a lot.

His lawyers. Not Ken himself. That misconcention gets thrown around a lot.

I'll have to keep that in mind, but in this case the effect is still the same.

You know, me being the one to provide the spoilers of an issue sounds like it shouldn't be a thing.

But apparently this issue decided otherwise. So here be spoilers, courtesy of me.

-The preview happens, where Sonic and Knuckles talk in the ring and we get a flashback to how Breezie got the Chaos Emerald. These are actually the only flashbacks in the issue.

-Immediately after, there's a two-page spread of Sonic and Knuckles fighting, with spectators from in and out of the park bordering top and bottom. Regarding the important characters, Breezie and Eggman look on with planning written all over their faces, Tails is cheering Sonic on, Amy looks slightly crazy as she gestures what Sonic should do to Knuckles, Espio looks...smug? (He's had that face for a while now, and I don't think he's too invested), Honey looks twinkle-eyed and Chip is sitting in someone's popcorn. Outside of them, Sally looks like she's going nuts with anxiety, Antoine is sneakily supporting Knuckles (he has a great face), there a random fish girl with a watering umbrella who supports both Honey and Sonic, Rouge just looking on, and Vector looking nervous while clutching a betting ticket.
-Cut to Bean and Bark, the former is seen blowing a bubble of gum onto a bomb. While it's mad, it has a purpose; he's planted bombs all over the power generator.
-Fang switches to infrared in anticipation of the power going out. Fang counts down;
Fang: "Three...Two...One...MARK!" Bean: "Twain!"
A nice joke as the generator blows up.
-Sonic and Knuckles notice the power out (with Sonic calling Knuckles Chuckles), and Fang takes aim during their confusion.
-Before he can shoot, in comes Metal Sonic who knocks his aim off. He swoops in past the two fighters and heads to the vault to grab the emerald without resistance.
-Metal Sonic starts to make his way out again, but Sonic homing attacks him and he falls to the ground. 
-He gets knocked down, but he gets up again, Sonic will never keep him down.
-Knuckles, Amy, Espio and Honey all make an attempt at stopping him, but he dodges all of them and flies out of Sonic's reach.
-He manages to break through the ceiling of the building, only for Tails to smack him down and grab the emerald. He also calculated that the back up generators would be kicking in at that point, which means that the defence systems are quickly back up. 
-Sonic points out that Metal Sonic is basically outnumbered and outclassed (although I wouldn't call all of the others professional butt-kickers given the rest of the arc). Metal Sonic looks like he wants to fight anyway, but Eggman demands that he fall back and he eventually complies.
-Cut to Honey signing a contract with Breezie for her to provide clothing for her wait staff. Breezie was impressed by her performance in the ring.
-After the signing, Honey calls Breezie out on all the shenanigans that occurred during the arc, Breezie's lack of action on defending and the fact that the Freedom Fighters came close to losing the Chaos Emerald, and the key to saving the world.
-Breezie notes the security thing as disappointing, but points out that the sudden evil robot being stopped by six heroes was great for her business. She tells Honey to take it to heart. 
-Honey excuses herself for orders to fill. It seems like a pleasant end of the conversation, but when Honey is out the door she looks pretty concerned and distressed.
-Sonic convinces Knuckles to go back with them to the Sky Patrol (with Sonic' All Stars Racing Transformed car). Chip catches up to them, and Knuckles introduces him (with a bit more of the Sonic and Knuckles rivalry thrown in). 
-The heroes are up to four Chaos Emeralds, and Amy's mystic melody will help them restore the Gaia Temples which Chip is pleased about. 
-While flying up, the sun appears to set, because Sonic transforms into the Werehog while chilling in the back with Knuckles and Chip. Knuckles and Chip are suitably surprised.
-The last page shows that Gregarios, the man who Metal Sonic assaulted, has contacted Sally Acorn (with Nicole at her side), and wants to speak to Sonic because he knows how Sonic can fix the world and put a stop to the Dark Gaia monsters.

Also Paul Kaminski is no longer the editor. 
  • Thumbs Up 4

Any pic of the random fish girl?

Also, groan at some of the implications there re: Metal. Sigh.

Clear? No.

Shoddy and blurry just taken on a camera not suited for the task? Sure.

HJuuqjb.jpg

Edit: You know what, have a freebie. You know how people theorised that everything was leading to Sonic becoming the Werehog during the no holds barred fight against Knuckles? Erm...

NAWLflL.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay that's all fine and dandy, but is Breezie a robot or not?

Nothing's said about Breezie's nature in this issue. The only time she's seen in the present is when talking to Honey, and that was more for establishing them as being differing ideologies on the same idea of being business women.

A hybrid or something? Sorry to confuse you like that, I meant in the same way Coral is a fish girl (and I'd call her fish girl if she wasn't explicitly called Coral the Betta).

Edit:

Actually on closer inspection, I suspect random fish girl might be an Axolotl.

Nothing's said about Breezie's nature in this issue. The only time she's seen in the present is when talking to Honey, and that was more for establishing them as being differing ideologies on the same idea of being business women.

tumblr_inline_njdh9gzx9U1rzas5e.png

Well that's just fantastic. I wait a whole arc for something interesting to happen with Breezie and it turns out she really has been turned into a conniving and uninteresting business woman. No sub from me yet.

Well the issue is officially release today, so I may or may not get it.

tumblr_inline_njdh9gzx9U1rzas5e.png

Well that's just fantastic. I wait a whole arc for something interesting to happen with Breezie and it turns out she really has been turned into a conniving and uninteresting business woman. No sub from me yet.

Would her being a robot have really made a difference on her character?