Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well, a robot's a robot and a non-robot's not a robot, so one could say there's a difference there, much like how apples aren't oranges.

Not really no, but then again, why adapt a character like Breezie if you're going to make her barely like her original counterpart? Heck, even accepting such changes, she pretty much does nothing interesting in this arc except host a tournament and look stern.

Actually, you could have totally dropped the AoStH/Game Gear Sonic 2 backstory and the story would have been totally unaffected. Where's the arc? Where's the significance of Sonic's history with her? It's literally 'Hey, look at this old character we put in, us old fans eh?'

She could have been called Norbert for all the difference it would have made.

^^Ok smartass, I meant personality wise.

Not really no, but then again, why adapt a character like Breezie if you're going to make her barely like her original counterpart? Heck, even accepting such changes, she pretty much does nothing interesting in this arc except host a tournament and look stern.

Actually, you could have totally dropped the AoStH/Game Gear Sonic 2 backstory and the story would have been totally unaffected. Where's the arc? Where's the significance of Sonic's history with her? It's literally 'Hey, look at this old character we put in, us old fans eh?'

She could have been called Norbert for all the difference it would have made.

Ok, when you put it that way it does make her whole presence feel a bit wasted. I don't think her being a robot would have really changed that, but the fact that she doesn't get that much to do in the arc aside from just doing business things would feel like a copout.

I take it the comic didn't elaborate further on Breezie's past involvement with Metal Sonic either?

In the end it seems Champions was a introductory arc for the character, I know lots of people were hoping for something more substantial but it's not going to be the last we see of Breezie, and I'm sure her lingering plot points like if she really is a robot or not will be explained eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is a clearer image of her:

wV3rssO.jpg

Hmmm...

Is she the Princess that was alluded to in Waves of Change?

• Thumbs Up 1

I take it the comic didn't elaborate further on Breezie's past involvement with Metal Sonic either?

In the end it seems Champions was a introductory arc for the character, I know lots of people were hoping for something more substantial but it's not going to be the last we see of Breezie, and I'm sure her lingering plot points like if she really is a robot or not will be explained eventually.

Yeah in about a year or so after World's Unite....

I'm sorry but this whole thing spoils what could have easily been a very tight-knit self-contained arc. It just feels like a lot of build-up and intrigue was created with her background and nothing came of it (a final interaction between Breezie and Sonic which would have tied it up nicely). It doesn't help matters that Breezie frankly doesn't really do much in this arc except host the tournament and not really have anything go wrong for her (as she said, she was going to lose the emerald anyway).

However, as you said, she will no doubt be seen again and questioned answered. I just wanted to see them answered more readily!

Also, sorry for being an ass these past few pages. On reflection (and a good roasting) I realise I've overreacted a lot and while I have my personal preferences I will say that Breezie is serviceably written and at the end of the day is not worth getting that upset about.

Hmmm...

Is she the Princess that was alluded to in Waves of Change?

I was about to ask the same thing.

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on it.

Knuckles joining Sky Patrol for the time being? Honestly didn't see that coming.

I thought they would go their separate ways after that and Knuckles would leave Chip with Sonic. But this I like even more. Makes Knuckles much more involved in Unleashed compared to his absence in the original.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is a clearer image of her:

wV3rssO.jpg

So did noone else notice that the other flag she was waving was Tiara Boobowski?

It's Honey.

You sure? Honey doesn't have a pony tail. Or maybe drunk-o-vision is making me imagine things.

You sure? Honey doesn't have a pony tail. Or maybe drunk-o-vision is making me imagine things.

It's one of her pigtails.

NAWLflL.jpg

That is one of the funniest things I've seen in the comic to date. The reaction on Knuckles' face all while Sonic is holding that smile is priceless.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's one of her pigtails.

I swear that head silloute makes me think of Tiara more. Then again, I swear I'm not crazy, so make of it what you will.

Ian's pretty much specifically said he can't use Tiara (which makes it amusing she's in one of this issue's fanarts), and more importantly, it's pretty much the same sillhouette and colour as a previous use of Honey's symbol issues back

I bought Countdown to Chaos and The Chase on Amazon, and they arrived today. Gotta say I'm already disappointed right off the bat that volume 2 uses lower quality paper; this is the first trade paperback I've seen that doesn't have gloss in its pages, it's kind of strange.

It would be really overwhelming (and not all that worthwhile) to attempt collecting past volumes, so for now I'm just gonna focus on the post-252 stuff and maybe some SU arcs. Not all of them, though. I do want to get Sonic Select 2 due to it containing Mecha Madness, my all-time favorite Archie issue, but it looks like it's out of stock on Amazon and third-party sellers on that site are hit-or-miss in my experience.

I bought Countdown to Chaos and The Chase on Amazon, and they arrived today. Gotta say I'm already disappointed right off the bat that volume 2 uses lower quality paper; this is the first trade paperback I've seen that doesn't have gloss in its pages, it's kind of strange.

Yeah, some of us have noticed it too with other Sonic releases, somethings going on with their printing.

Has anyone emailed Archie about this?

Also, Ian is declining to disclose whether Breezie is organic or not, even after the arc is over.

...You know, this question only exists because of her origin in AoStH. The actual comic story never even touches upon the idea of her identity being not what it seems.

...You know, this question only exists because of her origin in AoStH. The actual comic story never even touches upon the idea of her identity being not what it seems.

...then why keep the suspance, he could have just said "she is a hedgehog", like stated in the who's who...

I do find it odd that Issue 271 is now available before any of the subscribers get their copies. At least the ones that frequent the message boards. Doesn't matter to me since I get a copy one way or another. 

Also, Ian is declining to disclose whether Breezie is organic or not, even after the arc is over.