Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Although something is off about Sonic on the Universe variant. Is it me of does his head look bigger than usual?

Although something is off about Sonic on the Universe variant. Is it me of does his head look bigger than usual?

Bayonetta and Dante would be a bit overkill through, those two are way more stronger than the majority of Capcom and Sega characters, granted I would still love them both to meet each other at least ONCE.

And also, that pose has a striking similarity for some of its features towards another cover

QO3EI4x.jpg

So just to make super clear, the decline of Breezie's nature is indeed because Ian plans to continue working with it. I mean, I could tell that from the first statement where he wouldn't tell, but then someone asked and he clarified, and I made a joke because of the poetic way it was worded but it wasn't a funny joke and it fell flat and...yeah.

I still stand by what I said earlier though; if you have no knowledge of Breezie from the cartoon, the plot point isn't even a thing, the closest to shady we get about her is her shady business practices. I do wonder if Breezie interacting with Metal Sonic was supposed to clue us in that something was amiss since it was an organic being flirting with a robot, but then this a franchise where a fully organic femme fatale flirting with robots was part of a mission in Generations. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Is that...is that Dr Doppler from Megaman X3 I spy on that variant? Seems I was right on the money about Eregion, the giant dragon Reploid boss from the Megaman X4 intro stage, being one of the almost hidden background robots on a previous cover.

Is that...is that Dr Doppler from Megaman X3 I spy on that variant? Seems I was right on the money about Eregion, the giant dragon Reploid boss from the Megaman X4 intro stage, being one of the almost hidden background robots on a previous cover.

No that's Serges from X2, Doppler isn't bold

Good point and Doppler doesn't have metal facial hair. I was too quick on that one. I wonder if that means the other X-Hunters will be showing up or if its just a cameo on a cover.

They could have thrown Dr Cain in, from memory he's bald. Probably dead by this point, but that isn't stopping characters from across multiple games from showing up.

Sigma, one of the most serious villains in the Megaman franchise, with a rose in his mouth in that variant is one of the silliest and most awkward things ever done to him.

I love it!

• Thumbs Up 3

Alex Kidd finally gets recognition once again. Wonder if he'll get it in the video games medium at some point too.

Read the final part of Champions. It's okay, bit of an anti climax though. I was expecting the tournament to end with a bang following both Metal and Hooligan's invasion, something like the cover I guess. Instead Metal is defeated quickly and the thing just kinda ends. Tails got his moment at least though. It's hardly bad or in a way to say it ruined the arc, but I was expecting a more dynamic ending rather than just fizzling like that.

"You must be Sonic. You were awesome. Way stronger than what Knuckles says you were."

Great line. So a Knuckles Jr may be in the works after all. XD

Sneaky Antoine with his Knuckles flag too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amaterasu is going to be in this? Who's next, Viewtiful Joe? Leon Kennedy? ...Phoenix Wright? Uh.... (doesn't know any other Capcom characters)

Viewtiful Joe is in it, yes. (Phoenix Wright WAS going to be in it, but got axed because he didn't fit in the giant battle at the end.)

Viewtiful Joe is in it, yes. (Phoenix Wright WAS going to be in it, but got axed because he didn't fit in the giant battle at the end.)

-Ahem-

We all know that Phoenix Wright wouldn't be in the crossover; Capcom hates his series almost as much as they do Megaman's.

Sure that Albert Wesker or Chris Redfield would be put in, the company still loves that series...

As far as we know, we've been specifically told Phoenix Wright not appearing was a decision on Archie/Ian's side.

I like shitting on Capcom as much as the next guy, but y'know

We all know that Phoenix Wright wouldn't be in the crossover; Capcom hates his series almost as much as they do Megaman's.

Sure that Albert Wesker or Chris Redfield would be put in, the company still loves that series...

Woah woah woah Im gonna stop you there buddy. I'm not a fan of Ace Attorney but from what I've seen that seems to be the one franchise that Capcom hasn't screwed up at all, not to mention they recently released the ace attorney trilogy on the 3DS and they are working on another game as we currently speak. I know that Capcom has been gone to crap within the last few years but lets not blindly bash them for everything

Woah woah woah Im gonna stop you there buddy. I'm not a fan of Ace Attorney but from what I've seen that seems to be the one franchise that Capcom hasn't screwed up at all, not to mention they recently released the ace attorney trilogy on the 3DS and they are working on another game as we currently speak. I know that Capcom has been gone to crap within the last few years but lets not blindly bash them for everything

He's probably referring to how Ace Attorney is treated in other regions, which is pretty shitty. The original GBA releases never came to anywhere other than Japan and it took 3 years for them to come with the DS ports, then the second Investigations game never released anywhere else other than Japan despite fan outcry for it, and Duel Destinies apparently wasn't even going to be released until enough fan outcry was generated to the point Capcom didn't have a choice and even then, it never got a physical release.

The next game you are on talking about is also currently unknown if it will even release in other regions so that's not really a point that can be made in this debate.   

"Sticks returns with reinforcements—and you’ll never believe who she recruited! "

242px-Fastidious_Beaver_Profile_v2.png

"Actually, it's 'WHOM she recruited'."

And that bald variant is just twelve kinds of fabulous!

• Thumbs Up 7

Yep, pretty all over the board with the Ace Attorney series in other regions.

In at least EUR: The third game was delayed for so long for still undisclosed reasons that the fourth was released before the third, the first Investigations game was only released in English, meaning that non-English fans were screwed.

Elsewhere:

the second Investigations game was never localized anywhere (tho an English fanpatch was recently finished),

despite 5's physical cartridge release in Japan it was an eShop exclusive everywhere else meaning people who's systems break with the game on it are screwed (and I think it was only in English as well?),

the Phoenix/Layton game was in limbo for years and it was mostly through Level-5(?) that it was even given a wider release and the US release of the game was pretty much the U.K. version with no touchups whatsoever.

And I seriously doubt that Capcom has plans to localize Dai Gyakuten Saiban at all unless I missed something.

You wanna know what's depressing?

It's still faring better than Mega Man.

Crapcom only considers Mega Man good enough for money grubbing Japan-IOS exclusives.

I do hope Phoenix gets into Smash though, and getting Capcom to agree with it wouldn't be that big a problem if they let Mega Man in on top of that fact they need as much money as they can get at this point. 

Speaking of Smash, considering the earlier Smash Variants, has Shadow or Tails been put on the list of candidates by fan vote yet? Or hell, Phoenix Wright himself?

I couldn't support MvC3 with their shady practices on on-disk DLC and releasing Ultimate within a year of the original version, so I sadly missed out on supporting the Wright man.

It depends on the votes but I'd say Phoenix is one of the characters with the best chance of getting in. All of his games have been on all Nintendo handhelds since GBA, Capcom already allowed Mega Man into the game, the games are very popular in both Japan and in other regions, he has a brand new game coming so it can work for advertising it as well etc.

It always amazes me that the games with the vocal and generally passionate fanbases are usually the ones that get shafted. Ace Attourny is a brilliant series, as is Megaman, yet Capcom do seem intent on ignoring them in favor of their other more popular franchises like Street Fighter and their new action oriented Resident Evil's (the fact they should return to the original formula on that series nonwithstanding)..tho in Megamans case that doesn't quite work as he was their mascot and has a huge rabid fanbase.

I do hope the new Ace Attorney makes its way west even if we have to have another digital only release. Australia/NZ missed out on the third in the original trilogy all together, even tho we did still get the fourth game, so my physical collection is kinda lacking anyway.

As for Megaman...at this point if a new game isn't happening I would be happy with a new Megaman and Megaman X Collection, after all PAL territories got shafted on that one and never got either previously. Had to get a Freeloader disc for my Gamecube and import the NTSC US versions. He needs something other than a fan made game and a couple merch items for his next anniversary surely >.<

• Thumbs Up 1