Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Why not just, you know, create an all new type of gem to bypass the Penders problem? 

Actually, no wait, I've got a batter idea.  Say Shard comes from the future with Silver in this canon and instead uses a Time Stone instead, since his new origin was to be a sort of temporal enforcer?  Kind of like a Zone Cop.  It's kinda convoluted, but I think it could work.

Does a rebooted version of Shard even require a... shard? Especially since using that concept could invoke the wrath of certain ex-writers.

Here's how I see an updated, reboot-friendly version of Shard: After his Master Emerald-powered fight with Knuckles, Mecha Sonic's programming is changed by the surge of Chaos energy. He gets some repairs from Uncle Chuck or whoever, and he joins the side of the Freedom Fighters. If necessary, anything that could possibly be viewed as infringing on non-Sega concepts could be altered (retaining the Mecha Sonic design rather than Shard's look in the comics, remaining named simply Mecha Sonic, etc.).

• Thumbs Up 2

Or use something they are never likely to touch on again, like the Chaos Rings from Knuckles Chaotix. He could have a shard, or even a whole Chaos Ring powering his systems. You could even have him hunting/finding the others as an ongoing side story throughout the different story arcs to either help the Acorn Kingdom or to upgrade himself with new abilities.

I would still like to see him perhaps appear as the Mecha Sonic that Knuckles took down at the end of Sonic 3 & Knuckles rather than an old Metal Sonic body. Either that or just reintroduce Mecha Sonic, he was the only Mech that was able to harness Chaos Energy, even if but briefly, would make for a great addition to either side of the story.

Edit : Damnit, half ninja'ed by the Admiral

• Thumbs Up 1

On another note, I have a theory about Paige.

Looking at Universe #73, I'm getting the feeling that Paige is a corrupted, digitised version of Nikki. There's several bits of evidence that leads to this found in #73. Firstly, there's one panel in particular that really drives it home. When Nicole is escaping from Paige's trap, Paige briefly takes a Lynx form, including having the same hair Nikki had.

Then we have Nicole running into a room filled with Nikki pictures. Now one explanation could be it's simply files found on the doctor's computer but then you remember that Paige stated she has had control for a while. In that case, why not delete those pictures? She clearly wants to hurt Dr.Ellidy and what would hurt worse than erasing the last few images Ellidy has left of her? Could it be that Paige sees the images as a past life and just can't bring herself to actually destroying them? Then we have Nicole. Paige seems to have been attempting to lure Nicole into the digital so is it possible that she feels jealous of Nicole? Maybe believing that Ellidy replaced her with Nicole?

I don't know, it's just a thought I had.

I haven't been reading Spark of Life, is Paige the girl in the picture that's dead? The one that Phage looks like?

I haven't been reading Spark of Life, is Paige the girl in the picture that's dead? The one that Phage looks like?

I think he just misspelled "Phage". The girl is called Nikki.

I think he just misspelled "Phage". The girl is called Nikki.

Well, that just makes me think that NICOLE and Nikki would be a great name for fun little sitcom like Sister Sister.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Regarding Shard, there are plenty of ways they can bring him back with relative ease that avoids the legal bullshit. Some already listed:

• Fake Chaos Emeralds
  • Power Rings
  • Chaos Rings
  • Hell, Chaos Drives

I wouldn't exactly try the Master Emerald tho, as it might cause problems...on the other hand, that could bring some conflict with Knuckles, and if so then I'd say go for it!

Using the Master Emerald Shard on Shard would make his power level over 9000.

Just sayin'.

Also how about a minor Twitter roundup. Nothing ground-breaking, just re-establishing for the most part.

-Reiteration that mandates have been in place since at least since Ian started on the comic (but as we know, they got a bit tighter later for some of them).
-He plans to use scrapee Madonna, although apparently in a way no one would expect.
-He's an Amiibo addict. Remember this if you want to bribe him.
-Someone asked about the Secret Freedom Fighters, Ian reaffirms that he's been told to not say anything on them (although saying don't hold your breath waiting is...a thing).

-He still wants to make a new timeline map, as well as a new timeline.

-AoStH isn't a fave Sonic of his, but he still respects it.

-This one's kinda interesting just to keep in the back of the mind. Spun off the mandate point, Ian just reaffirms that while he has freedom over the character dynamics of the original characters, he can't mess too much with the dynamics of the game characters. It's a minor thing, but this seems like one reinforced more post-Genesis given Iron Dominion.

So stuffs basically.

• Thumbs Up 8

I see Ian saying he can't say certain things for legal reasons, and I wonder what exactly the nature of that is.

Is it in case he ends up making a promise he can't keep or...?

Because saying anything either way could land Archie back in court if the creators were so inclined. If Ian said "Yes, they'll turn up later", a creator could turn around like "Wait, they're using my character in new material? But they're mine, the court case showed that!" and sue for it. If he said "No, they're not allowed to be used", they could go "Oh, so they're acknowledging that it's my creation? I can claim royalties for their older appearances then!". Saying nothing from a professional point of view says Archie doesn't want to make a stance on whether they have ownership or not. 

That said, with Bollers saying that his characters are owned by him, it's not like some creators haven't got to grips with their rights and ownership already. 

Edit: Although, it could also partially stem from him being burned by confirming their reappearance before in part. I recall that for a while after Endangered Species, Ian said quite happily that he had plans for Scourge. Now, it's pretty obvious he doesn't because Archie being very cautious (and Penders indicating that he could take legal action over it). And Shard is someone who's still on the cards in theory, but...I hold some caution over his future.

• Thumbs Up 1

oh hey, a reference of sorts that amused me. might not be a reference at all though but eh

TGYXPed.png

HwkY8RD.png

ajXdSkS.png

m26_C164_anim_kernfick.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

So the entire arc takes place in a Sims mod?

• Thumbs Up 1

Something else: Sally took her vest off before she went through the digitiser so why does she have it on again in the digital world?

Something else: Sally took her vest off before she went through the digitiser so why does she have it on again in the digital world?

I just got the issue and it clarifies the digitizer thing. It creates a digital body in the digital world and your real body is hooked up to the machine in the real world. These pictures can help illustrate this.

IMG_2659_zps1sa9ntje.jpg

IMG_2660_zpsx4moytcq.jpg

IMG_2658_zpsnlxh3atz.jpg

Bottom line: It works on Matrix Logic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Madonna in the Sonic comics?!

There really isn't any stone left unturned with this series is there? Wow. I'm impressed!

Hmm... in a role we wouldn't expect, huh?

So, odds are not a minor cameo, nor important character in backstory or an arc...

Latest model for Honey's clothes/ads, perhaps?

So, Nicole only gets her super form because of the power of wishing for it in the Digital world?

At least, that's what Sally seems to suggest in a nutshell.

So, Nicole only gets her super form because of the power of wishing for it in the Digital world?

At least, that's what Sally seems to suggest in a nutshell.

The hell kind of explanation is that?

Don't know if it's the correct explanation, but it would make sense so far as we're going with Matrix rules.