Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The way I see it, Sigma has evolved far beyond his limitations as a reploid due to the way he has developed as a maverick and is essentially a virus. And this evolution may be the reason why he's immune to the D6's control. X and Zero? They're actually close to Robot Masters, technically speaking, since they were the original robots before Reploids came into being - in fact, reploids get their name because they're essentially replicate androids of these two (well, actually X, but whatev's).

So because they're the original androids with older, yet surprisingly advanced technology, and haven't evolved beyond their limits to the extent Sigma has, they're more vulnerable to being controlled by the D6.

That's my theory at least. But it does fumble a bit when you consider that the reploids of X's time aren't full replicates since Dr. Cain couldn't accurately reproduce X technological capabilities, so we'll have to wait and see how any of this works out.

hello!

wow! its amazing all the Maveriks that are included on those issues!

I'm hoping Eggman and Willy play a huge reason why Sigma fails rather than simply coughing out Megaman and Sonic go super and win.

Honestly, I can't see them taking this lying down, they'd more than likely pull some type of sabotage.

actually ... i remember seen Sonic and Megaman being controled by Eggman and Willy pictures...... so i supose when.. Sigma and the Deathly six get unite... Eggman and  Willy  must unite with the good guys... (maybe just like SLW.. Eggman and Sonic had to team up) or something similar...

plus the other SEGA and Capcom characters...who looks like they are in the good side.(the most of them)

anyway... it seems these Wolds United will be a very extended thingie...

Edited by Drawloverlala

~Just thought I'd stop here for a moment~

Oh, God I'm sooooooo hyped for Worlds Unite. Mega Man, Sonic, Vyse, Aika, Fina, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe and NiGHTS teaming up in one epic comic? Count me in!

Also, about STH #270:

So far "Champions" is one of my favourite story arcs. Dem references, cameos, art style and story in general... really, every page is soooo fun to read. Can't wait to find out how S vs. K vs. N fight will turn out.

• Thumbs Up 1

As Digimon has mentioned in the status updates, Archie is giving the first volume of Sonic/Mega Man Worlds Collide away on Comixlogy, Just redeem the code ''COLLIDE''.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that Ian's said that Lost World has already happened in the past, so the Six've already met Sonic & them.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about them having already met. I still have not gotten around to play Lost World yet, and the idea of them being acquainted comes across as alienating to me. I know many would already be familiar with the Deadly Six, but that isn't to say that everyone who reads the comic will understand who they are at first sight. I'm sure that Ian will do one thing or another to ensure that everyone is on the same page, but it still feels particularly lazy to simply have them there without giving them a proper introduction. I will say that I am not caught up with the latest issues, so I can't judge, with much conviction or honesty, the preceding events which lead up to "Worlds Unite". I can only relate on a personal level that I'm not too happy with the idea of having the Deadly Six be an established force from the very start without being introduced in an adaptation. 

This bit in #270 implies that Lost World's backstory is either about to or in the process of happening.

rD9JQTk.jpg

This bit in #270 implies that Lost World's backstory is either about to or in the process of happening.

rD9JQTk.jpg

Well, that's at least better than having Ian skip out on any proper introduction for the Deadly Six. My goal right now is to not be critical until I see what develops in future issues. Like I said, I'm not fully caught up with the series, so there's not much I can say about the events preceding "Worlds Unite" at this point. Honestly, I'd rather not have Ian just have Sonic simply know them from very onset. Fortunately, if this scan is indication, that doesn't seem to be likely. It may not be my favorite option, but featuring an allusion to Lost World is better than not establishing beforehand anything from that game. 

rD9JQTk.jpg

That's actually just the normal world, not lost hex, remmeber how eggman shattered it into a bunch of pieces by messing with the fabric of time

Nope, that's clearly the Lost Hex. Earth is not as colourful, and its pieces are floating above a molten core with none missing, unlike the Hex which has no core (unless one counts Hidden World) and is seemingly missing pieces.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now when it says "Object? Found???" Could that refer to the Cacophonic Conch? Or just Lost Hex as a whole being found?

so...a Lost World adaptation comes before or with the World unite issues??.... i guess.??. :wacko:

also.. i was thinking recently... the Deadly Six controled eggman's robots remember?... so.. do you think if  Sigma will be controled by the zetis?

as a machine... well... i was just wondering...

I'm... guessing that Sigma will be immune to the Zeti's since, as others have mentioned, after a certain point, he's essentially merged with the Zero/Maverick Virus and thus will be in control of the Deadly Six. I don't know if the solicts have mentioned them trying that on X or Zero, but I know the first act will have Sonic & Mega Man under the Doctors' control.

So, with Worlds Unite going to be three months, I am wondering if the Unleashed portion will start to assert itself a little bit more afterwards.

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the pace so far, and we are getting some much needed world building, but the actual plot of "Use Chaos Emeralds in Gaia Temples to reseal the planet & stop Dark Gaia" has kinda ground to a halt. The characters ARE getting the Chaos Emeralds, but as much as I am loving the continuity of the Fighters mini-arc, it seems somewhat superfluous in the long run; like even though it has a good point in the plot right now, it could have snugly fit after Dark Gaia is defeated as a "Well, we averted YET ANOTHER apocolypse brought on by Eggman, let's have a tournament!" deal.

And I'm sure that some... more outspoken fans are probably getting frustrated with the whole Unleashed arc's changes anyways.

As Dejimon has mentioned in the status updates, Archie is giving the first volume of Sonic/Mega Man Worlds Collide away on Comixlogy, Just redeem the code ''COLLIDE''.

Fixed that for you

And I'm sure that some... more outspoken fans are probably getting frustrated with the whole Unleashed arc's changes anyways.

Which is balanced by those who had frustrations with Unleashed's flaw and wasted opportunities. Not to mention this being a much, much bigger setting than what was done in the games, to others it was expected there would be changes anyway.

One of the biggest things that bugged me in particular about Unleashed was how none of the other characters were involved when everything about the plot essentially encouraged it compared to previous games. We don't have to go through memory lane like Generations, but how is it that the world gets shattered apart and the only characters we ever encounter are Tails and Amy, who are two characters that barely even do much in it themselves? I'm one of those who rage on about Knuckles not guarding the Master Emerald, yet Unleashed's plot was the very game where he could have gotten away with it. Or Team Dark trying to keep places under control when Gaia's minions attack? Or the Chaotix scavenging around for whatever they can find of value to pay rent? It's endless really.

They don't have to be in the spotlight, and it's not like we would get all of what people would have desired when we look back at it. But for a plot about a world adventure, getting Chip to interact with this planet and experience something he won't ever get to do for thousands, if not millions of years to come, it's a hell of a missed opportunity when he could at least see more of Sonic's friends and acquaintances as he bonds with Sonic. Meanwhile, the comics are capitalizing on all that missed potential, so those wishing to see the general plot Unleashed fleshed out more can get their wish.

And we've came out of a reboot which many didn't even want, either at all or at least to the extent we have now, so one way or the other people would already pissed off anyway. Better to find something to like out if it given all that was sacrificed than get upset over something that isn't entirely true to form.

• Thumbs Up 8

Here's the thing though- how do you know all those events weren't happening? Not everything that happens at a global level needs to happen in a way that Sonic'll be cognizant of it. Sonic doesn't need to know whenever Vector takes a shit.

I like how this adaption of Unleashed has gone.  It's refreshing to have changes to the story, since if they just straight up adapted everything by the book (or game in this instance) we'd have one boring and predictable plot.  It gets more characters involved in what is a worldwide crisis (something that the game failed to do which only makes me wish it was Adventure 3 after all) and uses the plot to build up a hastily rebooted world.  As for length though, I think Ian said somewhere this saga's got around a year to go till it ends.  Fitting really for what will be Sonic 25th birthday.

Here's the thing though- how do you know all those events weren't happening?Not everything that happens at a global level needs to happen in a way that Sonic'll be cognizant of it. Sonic doesn't need to know whenever Vector takes a shit.

Because we didn't see it, or even hear about them? Which in the logic of the story and the franchise it's told in, might as well be summed up as they weren't happening unless informed. And one of the most basic and essential storytelling technique of fiction is called "Showing" and the less emphasized (and less recommended) "Telling" that informs the audience "hey, this is happening over here."

And as I blatantly said the first time, it doesn't all have to all be in the spotlight. But it's not difficult to simply see or hear of these characters and events taking action in these places around the world. ShTH of all stories was able to do it, and it's one of the worst plots ever made in this franchise.

ShTH also involves multiple timelines, technically, it's obvious it'll manage to cover more stuff.

It's not like they couldn't appear in Unleashed, but they chose to focus the story in Sonic and Chip. What's wrong with that? Super Mario 3D World doesn't mean Donkey Kong doesn't exist. That'd even be what a comic adaptation would be good for- "while this was happening, here's what Knuckles was doing". Don't know why that means "while this was happening, actually fuck Sonic it's Knuckles who was doing it :V"

I mean, let's not go down this discussion again since we had it before, I'm just finding this idea with "every character must be tallied for" bizarre.

ShTH also involves multiple timelines, technically, it's obvious it'll manage to cover more stuff.

Which is completely beside the point. But even considering that, Unleashed involves multiple territories, so it should equally be able to cover more stuff, if not more on that basis. Probably would have made the middle of it's plot more interesting given how flat it was compared to everything else they pulled off.

It's not like they couldn't appear in Unleashed, but they chose to focus the story in Sonic and Chip. What's wrong with that? Super Mario 3D World doesn't mean Donkey Kong doesn't exist. That'd even be what a comic adaptation would be good for- "while this was happening, here's what Knuckles was doing". Don't know why that means "while this was happening, actually fuck Sonic it's Knuckles who was doing it :V"

I didn't say there was anything wrong with that (although if there is anything "wrong" with it, it's that they hardly did anything in the middle of the plot), I said it was wasted potential and a missed opportunity, because they could still do that while exploring the world and meeting Sonic's friends as well. And that, in turn, would have made the story more interesting along the lines of what the comic is delivering.

And disregarding how much of a strawman that Super Mario 3D to Donkey Kong example is, Donkey Kong is a massively different universe from Mario at this point with its own different rules. With that being said, this comic adaptation is a alternate setting from the games with it's own alternate rules. But while not everything from Unleashed will be done entirely true to form here, it's no where near that big a chasm of a difference.

Also, can you knock off the passive aggressive strawmans? No seriously, I'm gonna be nice this time, knock it off please.

I mean, let's not go down this discussion again since we had it before, I'm just finding this idea with "every character must be tallied for" bizarre.

Dude...

They don't have to be in the spotlight, and it's not like we would get all of what people would have desired when we look back at it.

Right there at the start of the third paragraph. It's a completely different point from "every character must be tallied for." And even then I don't see how bizarre it is to understand having more characters in a game partly about adventuring around the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

though i do personally want to get to  the gaia temple hunting werehog smashing and cucumber sandwich making fun that is sonic unleashed i get the feeling that part of the reasoning for behind them doing the unleashed story arch this way was to take advantage of the fact that they are traveling around the planet looking for chaos emeralds/gaia temples as a way for them to establish the different parts of the new sonic universe that was made thanks to the reboot and though i admit it is annoying that its going to get split in half thanks to the cross-over coming up soon i also get the feeling that's why they were taking there time with the chaos emerald hunting part also chances are the sonic the fighters story is a way for them to change things up a bit so that it doesn't feel like 12 continuous months of the same already told story as sonic unleased (just like what happened with the sonic adventure story arc)

• Thumbs Up 1

So wait am I getting this right? were gonna have a Sonic/SEGA X Megaman/Capcom crossover within a lost world arc WITHIN a Unleashed arc?

...What?!

• Thumbs Up 2

In a game where we finally get humans that fit in the Sonic Universe…it is kind of odd that Sonic, Tails, and Amy are the only walking and talking animals among them in 9 different Countries of their world.

Some of the NPCs react to Sonic, but for the most part no one seems to question the Hedgehog, Fox, and flying creature except the kid Elios in Spagonia.

Also, it's odd that Shadow and GUN are tracking Eggman in the 06, yet are no where to be seen in Unleashed. As least they would made sense in regards to the story, helping people in areas where Sonic can't get to or protecting Professor Pickle and his lab since he doesn't really have a security system and can easily be captured again.

So wait am I getting this right? were gonna have a Sonic/SEGA X Megaman/Capcom crossover within a lost world arc WITHIN a Unleashed arc?

...What?!

Something like that. At least it'll be over quickly, so we can have a quick awesome read and get right back to the main action in a short time.