Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You guys remember how we've criticized the D6 in Lost Worlds for being 2 dimensional?

Something tells me they'll be FAR more interesting in this arc and maybe (MAYBE) get some depth they've lacked in the games.

In other news, 100 pages missing. FFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

• Thumbs Up 1

All that fucking hardwork to get to 1000...

Well, look at the bright side, it's just 1000 pages. Compare that the entire message boards being lost back in 2009 for those of you that were around.

Well, look at the bright side, it's just 1000 pages. Compare that the entire message boards being lost back in 2009 for those of you that were around.

That was terrible for us, starting over was the hardest thing for some of us and most quit being regulars because of it.

A 7 month purge would've been a godsend to us compared to losing data alllll the way back from 2002!

sonicuniv-77-126993.jpg

Does anybody know the names of the mavericks that are with Sigma?

• Thumbs Up 1

About the issue 270, I have to say I love it !

The fight Sonic vs Honey was great and nicely done, and when Amy get smashed by Knuckles, it's hilarious XD

I am actually looking forward to this crossover, especially how certain villains will interact with one another.

I am amazed about the number of variant covers, but I like them all.

Here's a Textless Version of the 7th Variant Cover for Sonic Universe 75

sonic_universe_75_variant_by_herms85-d8l

• Thumbs Up 4

Love how miffed Shadow and Knuckles look in the dynamic cover standing next to that super happy buzzkill. XD

Concerning 270, I agree, this perhaps Ian's best story so far, so much character stuffed into every panel. Even some funny little mini arc gags like Razor's gambling bug (he seriously bet for Fang to beat Knuckles?). 

I think Team Hooligan have definitely stepped up in personality here, what with Bean able to speak something other than non sequiturs, Bark actually pantomiming tactics rather than just in the background making expressions, and Fang's comical arrogance. "Everyone knows he's dumb, and I'm so crafty". Classic villain line. (Anyone else who can't unhear Fang's dialogue in Meowth's voice?).

Not sure what to make of Honey. The arc seemed to be setting her up as a wild card that was willing to dupe the heroes to win, now she's sorta randomly pulled out. It's hard to define her at this point outside maybe a troll character, almost a female Bean. Calling her finally landing on Fang at the start of next issue. :P

I also agree that this artist needs to stick around. Some of the best art I've seen in the comics and the style seems to get more polished with each issue. All those lovely expressions compliment the displays of personality immensely. Actually I wonder how they'd do on a Boom comic.

On a side note, I'm actually surprised how comparatively underplayed Eggman is in this and recent arcs, pretty much just being the guy in the background plotting and actually doing only marginal goofy stuff. Pretty amusing given recent complaints about him in other medias.

Well, Sally kinda looks like her old design, except for the clothes.

True, her facial design actually looks on model for the first time in ages. Her visible neck makes her stand out like a sore thumb nowadays though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you voiced nearly all my thoughts on Champions Psi :P Speaking of Honey, I'm beginning to think she got her fighting prowess from learning with Moss (there was a mention of previous students).  Makes a lot of sense when I think about it. 

And yes, you're right on the money with Nack's voice being something of a strong, high pitched New Yorker's sound :P

On a side note, I'm actually surprised how comparatively underplayed Eggman is in this and recent arcs, pretty much just being the guy in the background plotting and actually doing only marginal goofy stuff. Pretty amusing given recent complaints about him in other medias.

Mainly because, unlike other medias (namely the games), this doesn't happen too often in the comics. Nothing wrong with letting him sit in the background and be goofy every once in a while or event take a backseat to a new villain in an arc, but when that starts occurring too often and derails the character as a result people start to notice and take issue with it. It's partly (maybe entirely) for that reason people got sick of the whole Monster of the Week thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anybody know the names of the mavericks that are with Sigma?

The big dragon behind Sigma is Eregion, he was the boss in the intro stage in Megaman X4. The one to the left is called RT-55J and he was a sub-boss in Sting Chameleon's stage in Megaman X. The one on the right is Raider Killer, he was a sub-boss in Magna Centipede's stage in Megaman X2. So looks like even some sub-bosses from Megaman X are getting in on the action!!

Has anyone else noticed that Sigma doesn't have his own symbol on his belt? Instead its a skull with an orange mustache. I guess that means Wily and Eggman brought him into this whole mess originally and he ends up turning on them like the covers suggest.

It's literally just Sigma walking up to them and saying "Hey guys, why you workin' for that cracked Egg guy? You'd be better off with me, dig?" and them going, "OK, I suppose".

And I'm sure all this is going to influence their betrayal of Eggman once Lost World gets adapted.

I think that Ian's said that Lost World has already happened in the past, so the Six've already met Sonic & them.

The only major games from the new history to not be adapted were Unleashed and Sonic the Fighters (which are both currently in progress).

I just wonder of the Battle Birds are still around and if Bean & the Babylon Rogues are still connected to them.

We've got Snively, Breezie & the S6, and even Chuck & Mobian Muttski, but Eggman Nega is still verboten, so its hard to tell with SEGA anymore.

Unless Reploids/Mavericks from the future are immune, what's to stop the Deadly Six using their robot controlling powers on Sigma himself? He seems to be in his pre-virus original Reploid body after all, if X can be controlled then I see no reason why Sigma couldn't be.

Also, I'm of the same mind Biznizz, I'm also wondering if the Battlebirds are still around and if Beans connection to them remains. After all both are unused in the games currently so Archie can probably do what they want with them. The Rogues tho, having them connected to the Battlebirds may be something Sega would mandate considering they still use them from time to time in current products, so they may be under the no association rules and regulations. Would be interesting to see if Ian could answer if they are still connected in any way.

Ian has stated Lost World, Unleashed, and another game were the games that hadn't taken place yet.

Also, should Sigma be the one working for the D6? I mean, I know why he isn't, the D6 aren't exactly big enough to be the big bads of the crossover but logically, shouldn't the D6 be able to easily just take control of Sigma? He may be a maverick but he's still a robot.

Chronicles was the 3rd game and that's because of obvious reasons.....

Stupid Penders....

I don't know, I honestly can't see the D6 as the big bads of this crossover saga since Sigma is more than enough of a threat for Sonic and Megaman. But, is it really possible for the D6 to control him? If it was, then it probably wouldn't be easy to do.

Given how advanced Reploids are, I'm pretty sure Sigma has some system or mechanism that isn't so easily affected by the Zeti's electromagnetism.

What about X & Zero? I thought both the solict and cover shows them fighting the Sonic cast after being controlled?

Given how advanced Reploids are, I'm pretty sure Sigma has some system or mechanism that isn't so easily affected by the Zeti's electromagnetism.

I don't think it's that, but rather it's the Sigma virus itself that's likely preventing him from being controlled.

Not to mention that Sigma is like.....REALLY powerful, nearly unkillable and likely very strong willed as well that he just outright resist the Zeti's control.

hard to say how sigma is able to be unaffected by the deadly six's robot mind control however keep in mind we still don't know how this new genesis wave was created to begin with chances are sigma is behind it (assuming this didn't happen as a side effect from the last one) the question is how did a corrupt reploid manage to find out about a event that no one remembered happening? however I will say I love sigma's new armor design for this cross-over it fits him pretty well

I'm hoping Eggman and Willy play a huge reason why Sigma fails rather than simply coughing out Megaman and Sonic go super and win.

Honestly, I can't see them taking this lying down, they'd more than likely pull some type of sabotage.

originallypostedthisinthejuiependerstopicbymistake.