Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Because he thinks Knuckles' character is boring.

Well you missed the joke but alright at least he has a good reason for not liking Knuckles and not because of Penders. hopefully Ian can change his mind.

Aww. sad.png

one can only Ponder why he would not like that certain Echinida Nor Do i think anyone is Egearly awaiting what his Response iS

Is the secret message:

Srednep?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming the Yardley stream is done by now. Were those the only tidbits about the comic mentioned in it VEDJ-F?

Leeta & Lyco (along with all of the non-Lupe Wolf Pack Members)

#$%^&*()O@&

dang. Not the twins.

Ah, that's a kick to the gut right there.

And Lupe lost her husband, children & adopted children Athena & Aerial too. As I said, ain't life a bitch sometimes?

Well, let's look on the bright side.... umm.... there's no more Drago? Eeehh...? :shrugs:

Actually I liked Drago simply because I like seeing him get made a fool of sometimes.

But I'm not complaining either way it goes.

Sorry. Don't get me wrong. What I pointed out was that, excluding Shard & Silver, Larry was the only non-Penders SFF, so there is at least a possibility of hope he could come back if Archie ever does talk to Angelo.

But even then, that possibility ain't much. It's not the snowball's chance in hell that the Penders characters have, but it's not that high above it either.

Yeah, makes sense. At this point my attitude is "if we see 'em, we see 'em" because I know what a huge mess this is. I have my own list of (non-SEGA/SatAM/Flynn) characters I'd like to see again or wouldn't mind seeing get retooled for this universe, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to show at this point.

Out of curiosity, do we know if Archie has talked to other creators? For all we know that could just be securing reprint rights or whatever (I recall VEDJ-F mentioned something along these lines), since I imagine SEGA wouldn't want to deal with past creators on this book anymore. Would be kind of nice if they could talk to Fulop and bring Mogul back in some fashion. But, again, I'm not holding my breath.

And Lupe lost her husband, children & adopted children Athena & Aerial too. As I said, ain't life a bitch sometimes?

Well, let's look on the bright side.... umm.... there's no more Drago? Eeehh...? :shrugs:

Who says she lost them? For all we know, everyone still exists in the new continuity. Just because they can't be acknowledged for legal reasons doesn't mean they're gone. Unless you mean she lost them as her family, which might actually be the case.

I'm not holding my breath to see anybody from the old continuity. If we see them ill be greatly surprised

Yeah, it'd be nice, but at this point, I won't be holding it, either. Besides, I can survive without them.

@Zaysho, I dunno if Archie's talked to any of the creators. I know that some of them (though the only one off the top of my head I can name was Karl) testified that there were no WFH contracts, so I'd assume there would be some resentment for a while. I know Bollers hasn't mentioned anything about talking with them about getting any rights for characters from him.

I didn't even know that Fulop wasn't part of Archie anymore, so I don't know how his departure went or if there's any bad blood. Amd even though he was actually part of the company, I wouldn't think that his creations (Mogul & the Fearsome Foursome for example) would automatically still be avaliable.

But I would assume they have talked to them in at least some capacity since they aren't afraid of more Archives or Selects like they were with Penders.

@ElectroKyurem, I wouldn't put it beyond the possiblity that Lupe has a new family and Wolf Pack. I am saying that they aren't going to be the ones from the old continuity. The best I could possibly see happening is that they'd be expies, new characters similar to the old ones without it being the old characters. Like the adopted humans being two boys named Avery & Alphonse instead of the two girls from the old continuity.

I'm betting dollars to donuts that Axel is more or less what Diesel was supposed to be beyond his only appearance pre-boot, so in that case, that'd probably be the way it'd go down. And since I'm sure that we'll be seeing Lupe after Waves of Change, we'll see what's happened to her.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it'd be nice, but at this point, I won't be holding it, either. Besides, I can survive without them.

At this point all I want is Mighty, Ray and Shard back. we'll make due with new characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mighty and Ray are back before the year ends, Shard seems to not have anything specific thought about yet but Ian has all but said he's fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Zaysho, I dunno if Archie's talked to any of the creators. I know that some of them (though the only one off the top of my head I can name was Karl) testified that there were no WFH contracts, so I'd assume there would be some resentment for a while. I know Bollers hasn't mentioned anything about talking with them about getting any rights for characters from him.

I didn't even know that Fulop wasn't part of Archie anymore, so I don't know how his departure went or if there's any bad blood. Amd even though he was actually part of the company, I wouldn't think that his creations (Mogul & the Fearsome Foursome for example) would automatically still be avaliable.

But I would assume they have talked to them in at least some capacity since they aren't afraid of more Archives or Selects like they were with Penders.

True, I don't see Bollers's creations returning either. Too bad since that means Finitevus and Hope are gone, but oh well.

I'm not sure about Fulop, myself. I looked up the "Mecha Madness" issue in which those characters appeared, and Fulop was no longer editor by then... it was Gabrie. So it's possible Fulop went freelance and fell into the same boat with the rest of the freelancers having no contract. In fact, as I was looking up his credits, I came across his LinkedIn, and it says he left his job in Archie's Editorial in January 1996 ("Mecha Madness" was published July of that year), so that may well be the case. Couple with that it appears he did do some work with Penders at "Floating Island Productions" and he was probably one of the creators to defer his rights to Penders during the copyright nonsense, he might've thrown in with Penders when the legal stuff was happening.

The reprints seem to be a different matter altogether, since those were largely safe even during the legal battle (barring new covers featuring contested characters, and even that was inconsistent).

At this point all I want is Mighty, Ray and Shard back. we'll make due with new characters.

Eh... two out of three...? I suppose we won't know the final verdict on Shard for a while, but at least we already know Mighty and Ray are safe and planned to return in the future.

I'm assuming the Yardley stream is done by now. Were those the only tidbits about the comic mentioned in it VEDJ-F?

There were two more little trivia bits; Yardley's fave game is Sonic 2, and while he thinks SA1 is the technically better game he enjoys SA2 more.

Aside from the Yardley stuff, it's a miracle to have anything else at all given this wasn't the intent of the charity stream.

@VEDJ-F, well thanks for the info. I didn't have enough time to listen in personally, so I was just curious.

I'm not sure about Fulop, myself. I looked up the "Mecha Madness" issue in which those characters appeared, and Fulop was no longer editor by then... it was Gabrie. So it's possible Fulop went freelance and fell into the same boat with the rest of the freelancers having no contract. In fact, as I was looking up his credits, I came across his LinkedIn, and it says he left his job in Archie's Editorial in January 1996 ("Mecha Madness" was published July of that year), so that may well be the case. Couple with that it appears he did do some work with Penders at "Floating Island Productions" and he was probably one of the creators to defer his rights to Penders during the copyright nonsense, he might've thrown in with Penders when the legal stuff was happening.

Ah, dude. Really? Well, I hope that didn't happen recently, like in the past decade. Even if we don't get any of his characters back, I'd hate to hear that Fulop would be involved in that trainwreck of a "productions studio". I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even if he was "friends" with the guy like twenty years ago.

Doesn't Angelo still work at Archie? Oh well, doesn't matter.

I was expecting the solicits for the upcoming issues yesterday, it's kind of late for them, I'm not expecting them today either, because it's Sunday.

Ah, dude. Really? Well, I hope that didn't happen recently, like in the past decade. Even if we don't get any of his characters back, I'd hate to hear that Fulop would be involved in that trainwreck of a "productions studio". I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even if he was "friends" with the guy like twenty years ago.

It was only for a year... from May 2009-June 2010. So... yeah.

I'm guessing his career didn't suffer some kind of terrible blow though.

I'd imagine he saw how Penders operated and saw it was going nowhere fast except down the drain and jumped ship.

Ah. You know... looking at DC and how they're going to be doing three weeklies this year, any of you guys think that Archie and SEGA could pull off a six month or year long Sonic Origins title? Or do you think that's a pipe dream?

I ask because I still think the three they have planned won't nearly be enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's been a few years since I read the comics and it seems a lot has happened, where would the best place for me to catch up on them digitally?

I'd imagine he saw how Penders operated and saw it was going nowhere fast except down the drain and jumped ship.

Ah. You know... looking at DC and how they're going to be doing three weeklies this year, any of you guys think that Archie and SEGA could pull off a six month or year long Sonic Origins title? Or do you think that's a pipe dream?

I ask because I still think the three they have planned won't nearly be enough.

Well, it was a "contract position" apparently, so his contract was probably only for that time. I think he did a few things including writing and some graphics stuff. Most likely that work was linked to the train wrecks that are The Lost Ones or The Republic.

I would personally love to see them do a "Sonic Origins" micro series or something along that line. It's been forever since there's been a mini-series for Sonic and other comic book publishers get away with it all the time, I think it'd be great to have a limited series running alongside the main books. I see no reason why SEGA/Archie couldn't, honestly, but I'm not sure I see them seriously considering it at this time. I get the feeling "Sonic Origins" is more of a courtesy to catch people up on the new universe.

It's been a few years since I read the comics and it seems a lot has happened, where would the best place for me to catch up on them digitally?

ComiXology might be your best bet if digital's your thing. I wouldn't know of anywhere else.

Id say start with the crossover but if not issue 252

• Thumbs Up 1

Id say start with the crossover but if not issue 252

Despite the whole genesis wave thing wiping everyhing to new I think I'll read the old ones anyway just so I am completely up to date :)

Do you know a good website to read them? Doubt I'll find any of the older comics on eBay and such heh.

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite the whole genesis wave thing wiping everyhing to new I think I'll read the old ones anyway just so I am completely up to date smile.png

Do you know a good website to read them? Doubt I'll find any of the older comics on eBay and such heh.

https://www.comixology.com/Sonic-the-Hedgehog/comics-series/27

https://www.comixology.com/Sonic-Universe/comics-series/2439

Hope that helps! I can't think of anywhere else.