Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I would wager on four honestly.

That's probably how it's gonna be from now on. Either two two-parters or four part stories like Universe. Males it easier to sell graphic novels this way.

That's probably how it's gonna be from now on. Either two two-parters or four part stories like Universe. Males it easier to sell graphic novels this way.

Makes sense. Isn't Archie launching another trade collection series for the rebooted continuity this Summer? Still behind current issues quite a bit (unlike their Mega Man line), but not nearly as bad as before if they can get a decent schedule going.

Hmm... that shot of the Nightmare looks strangely familiar...

Majorasmask.png

... Perhaps a bit too familiar? Oh dear.

God-fucking-dammit Komodin, I wanted to point that out! >8U

Also, regarding the upcoming Unleashed arc with all the Dark Gaia Minions and Chip coming, can I just say that this is exactly the kind of tense and epic tone we should have gotten in the actual game only for everyone in the world to be like "everything's all right" before the final boss?

Really, the world splits apart, rather than everyone still living normal lives, the split is treated like a crisis and people need to be saved. Goddamn does Ian know how to take opportunites that Sonic Team continues to miss.

• Thumbs Up 3

That Chaotix cover is missing poor Mighty, nice nod to the game tho, pity it's also a slap to the face considering its one of, if not the only one of the more mainstream but kinda not Sonic games they haven't re-released >.<

Loving seeing Team Hooligan so much, I guess they must have gone down well with the readership to be kept together as a team. Not really looking forward to Chip, but being an Unleashed adaptation I guess he has to be there really. The classic style horror movie type cover is pretty neat as far as I'm concerned. More imaginative than the stock CGI stuff they usually do. Reminds me of the movie posters I grew up seeing, rather than all the "chin down, eyes up" posters these days >.<

That Mega Drive/Genesis issue looks neat, fully expecting it to be a cop out information and write up wise but its nice to see them paying homage.

So far if I had to guess how Chip ties in, didn't the prophecy mention a dark gaia and a light gaia? I'm guessing Sally hires the Chaotix to find the light gaia, assuming he must've appeared /somewhere/

I guess, but then that would mean they know Chip is Light Gaia from the start.

Wonder how they could figure that out.

Maybe the amnesia subplot will be skipped over?

So far if I had to guess how Chip ties in, didn't the prophecy mention a dark gaia and a light gaia? I'm guessing Sally hires the Chaotix to find the light gaia, assuming he must've appeared /somewhere/

I remember reading that Sally hired the Chaotix to find the Chaos Emerald. Chip will be more in line with Knuckles' mission, if so.

Also just as a tidbit, Light in the Dark is a three-parter.

That Chaotix cover is missing poor Mighty, nice nod to the game tho, pity it's also a slap to the face considering its one of, if not the only one of the more mainstream but kinda not Sonic games they haven't re-released >.<

Loving seeing Team Hooligan so much, I guess they must have gone down well with the readership to be kept together as a team. Not really looking forward to Chip, but being an Unleashed adaptation I guess he has to be there really. The classic style horror movie type cover is pretty neat as far as I'm concerned. More imaginative than the stock CGI stuff they usually do. Reminds me of the movie posters I grew up seeing, rather than all the "chin down, eyes up" posters these days >.<

That Mega Drive/Genesis issue looks neat, fully expecting it to be a cop out information and write up wise but its nice to see them paying homage.

I have to point out, that while keeping them as a team means they have to have a slightly larger plot, having the three of them working together  also means you only need 1 reason for them to show up, and they get more exposure, which is what the fans want

also isnt it now obvious that Chip was the thing lurking in the dark

Doesn't Sonic know about the events of Unleashed already?

I do belive its been stated that it hasnt happened, I think, and Flynn has implied the timeline is somewhat different

Nope, because Unleashed hasn't happened in the comic continuity (well, not before this adaptation). The only other two games with this distinction (in terms of significant titles) are Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Lost World.

So...I'm the only one who actually likes the Chaotix variant? Purely because of the Knuckles Chaotix title screen throwback. I dunno, I just find that awesome for some reason, even if the actual characters are stock art.

• Thumbs Up 2

So...I'm the only one who actually likes the Chaotix variant? Purely because of the Knuckles Chaotix title screen throwback. I dunno, I just find that awesome for some reason, even if the actual characters are stock art.

Only one? Nope! I like the Chaotix variant too! laugh.png

I know it says not final, but shouldn't that be part of the Sonic Saga series of GN's? Or are they ditching that post crossover and just doing normal multi-book GN's of everything or something?

It's a completely new GN series. They've needed to start doing graphic novels from a much more recent point for a while, and what better place to start than the recent reboot?

I know it says not final, but shouldn't that be part of the Sonic Saga series of GN's? Or are they ditching that post crossover and just doing normal multi-book GN's of everything or something?

I'm getting the feeling that anything after the crossover will just be "Sonic the Hedgehog" to keep up with current storylines while everything from the past will be collected under the Archives, Legacy, and Sagas collections. Could cause some confusion down the line, but I think the books themselves actually do a decent job of differentiating themselves as does Archie's marketing.

EDIT: Panda beat me to it.

Edited by Zaysho

Damnit, means more to buy, but on the flip side it means my comics can stay more NM if I'm not re-reading them and use the GN's instead haha.

2hojwd4.jpg

I don't even know any more *shrug*

Scourge? I thought he was off-limits to use in new material including covers for reprints (as St. John was)... Archie, you're killing me here.

Yes, but if anything were to change for legal issues at this point in the game, they wouldn't bother getting Rafa to model and put a Scourge in there at all.

'Pending Licensor Approval'

That somehow tells me that this may not be the final cover.

I have a feeling given mandates and everything, Archie would have caught something like this in the preliminary stages of the cover being done, but I guess we can only wait for a final cover approved by SEGA and announcement to be made.