Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wow that's shocking. There are some characters that I really don't understand why archie won't use especially if they are never going to use them again

Wow that's shocking. There are some characters that I really don't understand why archie won't use especially if they are never going to use them again

actualy, the you cant use this game character mandates come from sega, not archie

actualy, the you cant use this game character mandates come from sega, not archie

Yeah that's what I meant to type my mistake

Well my overall point is, if "Mephiles" was allowed to be used for a cameo not soo many years ago why is he suddenly locked down and never to be used now? you'd think mandates once thrown down wouldn't be soo ever-changing.

Well my overall point is, if "Mephiles" was allowed to be used for a cameo not soo many years ago why is he suddenly locked down and never to be used now? you'd think mandates once thrown down wouldn't be soo ever-changing.

actualy, flynn never said he couldnt cameo again, just said that he cant be used as part of a story, which means if we were in the prision again he could show up, he just cant be an antagonist or major player, just like how Nega is refered to, and is a pain, but has never actualy appeared

Here's another example of what he means: Sega has also banned the use of Metal Overlord in the comic, but Sonic was still able to refer to it during the crossover, as "that lame dragon thing".

Here's a large version of the #258 cover that has nowt to do with mandates;

sonic_the_hedgehog__258_by_tysonhesse-d6

its so beautiful this is probably one of the best covers ive seen 

Mind posting the DevART link so I can fav that?

Edited by goku262002

Mind posting the DevART link so I can fav that?

Here ya go.

I really like this cover, especially the way the artist drew Sonic's spines. The expressions are all entertaining, too.

Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here ya go.

I really like this cover, especially the way the artist drew Sonic's spines. The expressions are all entertaining, too.

Annnnnnd watched! Thanks. biggrin.png

I like the description he had:

This year I got to fulfill a childhood fantasy and do a cover for Archie’s Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. Growing up it was one of the only comics I read and spent much of my youth looking up to many of the featured artists and their different styles. I can easily say that the book is better than it’s ever been now with a dedicated team of artists and writers that really put forth their best efforts every month.

So yes, I felt a little pressure going into this. But I hope you like the end result.

This will be the standard cover (not a variant) for issue 258 to be released February 2014.

Weird were getting more and more artists like these, its surreal.

I think it's fitting we're getting new artists, considering the (soft) reboot we have going on. I suppose it's part of their effort to give the comic a "new" feel.

I wonder if we'll get a new writer or two along with the ones we have? It's just Ian and Yardley as far as I know.

I think it's fitting we're getting new artists, considering the (soft) reboot we have going on. I suppose it's part of their effort to give the comic a "new" feel.

I wonder if we'll get a new writer or two along with the ones we have? It's just Ian and Yardley as far as I know.

Don't think we really need another right now, mind you we can have guest writers we have had before. but I think the problem was that Penders had too many writers with him and none of them really communicated too well, which lead to problems.

It may be stressful but Flynn going solo 9/10ths of the time and with help from Yardley every once in a while is best.

EDIT: Found this on Retro:

Tyson Hesse (known for Boxer Hockey and this Sonic comic everybody knows about) did the standard cover for issue 258:

*image above*

http://tysonhesse.tumblr.com/post/67400507990/this-year-I-got-to-fulfill-a-childhood-fantasy-and

EDIT: Just noticed that the cover was already posted, but it's a higher res version

without logos and stuff so meh.

Also fun fact about the cover:

https://twitter.com/boxerhockey/status/402558521641689088

https://twitter.com/boxerhockey/status/402559099314794496

^So yes, this does have to do with mandates after all VEDJ-F! tongue.png

Edited by goku262002

Somebody get this guy to do pencils.  He's brilliant with this cartoonish style biggrin.png

Don't think we really need another right now, mind you we can have guest writers we have had before. but I think the problem was that Penders had too many writers with him and none of them really communicated too well, which lead to problems.

It may be stressful but Flynn going solo 9/10ths of the time and with help from Yardley every once in a while is best.

Fair enough, but I think if they communicated well I think an extra writer or two could work. I'm not saying the book needs it, mind you, just that I wouldn't be surprised with all the new artists and stuff.

I tend to feel medias with several writers tend to be more versatile and rounded. While Depending On The Writer isn't always a good thing and causes occasional inconsistencies, having several creative minds with different preferences and perspectives as to how the universe can work can allow for hidden depths to be made as long as they some agreement in between as to how to take things. One mind tends to be far more restricted in the understanding they have of particular aspects and characters, and having a few other there may help balance that out and drive out potential that may be overlooked otherwise.

I think this is why the first season of Satam stands out more to many. It had several people working on it, and they often tended to look into different aspects of the show and how they worked. In the second season, one writer did most of the work, and as such his preferences took over, making things a bit more limited and formulaic (eg. his favorite characters took over and how they were depicted, leading to Flanderization). It had some advantages, continuity was an aspect that would have been much harder to achieve with many writers, however it came at the cost of that extra 'life' and depth that one mind wasn't always capable of finding.

I like the cartoony cover by the way, would probably really bring a story to life if they are brought in as a main artist.

Edited by E-122-Psi

EDIT: Found this on Retro:

^So yes, this does have to do with mandates after all VEDJ-F! tongue.png

Dude, you should have screencapped that stuff. Now it's gone.

Wonder if he's allowed to post the old version with the Archie characters?

It's a good thing I got in from workish.

MightyRay3_zps5bc8ea30.png

Dude, you should have screencapped that stuff. Now it's gone.

I know, but by the time I saw it on Retro it was already deleted. lucky we got the quotes though.

I'm sure someone got screencaps, look around. doubt its on bumbleking though, Ian would make sure to get rid of it quickly.

Was the old version of the cover shown?

Edited by goku262002

Wait, the artist who did the cover art also did that hilarious comic with Arms the Fox and Nipples the Echidna?

Whoa, consider me a watcher!

Look right above you for that last question.

Yeah he said he just deleted it in that tweet, that means he must've showed it off. im wondering if anyone saved it before he deleted the tweet.