Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hm...liking this new universe! The stories are starting to sound a lot more fitting of the Sonicverse than the old ones.

I'm still saving some of my judgement till after its been around longer, though it does seem good so far, but still awaiting the return of some of my favorite characters

The question now is how much it'll be just for this as it's a super sized super digest

$6.99, according to Midtown Comics, about double the price of a normal-sized digest.

Edited by TheFatPanda

They should of just called it a double digest like how the normal Archie books

Thought as much;

Also, those daily blogs Ian was running a couple of years back won't apply to future issues either.

Don't know why anyone still thinks any of the characters, settings/lo-cals, and whatnot apply to this universe still. we got soft rebooted, any knowledge save for basic crap should be thrown out.

While Theta may have been this all powerful super E-Series robot in the Old!Universe in this one it just may be a regular E-Series robot.

Also Mephiles is off-limits for use.

Maybe that's why the teaser with Ifrit yonks back never came to fruition.

Also Mephiles is off-limits for use.Maybe that's why the teaser with Ifrit yonks back never came to fruition.

You mean Iblis right? Also, damn the people who won't allow Mephiles to be used. Could have been interesting to see Ian's plans but no, they've pulled the no can do card. Irratating. Oh well, we win some, we lose some.

No, I did mean Iblis. I got the name Ifrit from the Rivals 2 dragon that I vastly prefer, but the teaser wasn't for that particular monster, but for Iblis.

So that Super Special letter response saying they couldn't wait to use Mephiles...spoke a little too soon did we?

Actually, would that imply that Ian did have a plan for him and Sega's nixing was a last minute thing?

So that Super Special letter response saying they couldn't wait to use Mephiles...spoke a little too soon did we?

Actually, would that imply that Ian did have a plan for him and Sega's nixing was a last minute thing?

apparently so, I remember asking Ian myself in an interview here. He had big plans, now he can't use him.

So is the not very old sonic comic encyclopedia becoming obsolete now or...huh.png

To the comics from here on out, yeah.

But hey, handy dandy reference guide for the comics prior to #240.

Basically if you want to know anything for the old!universe, check that guide. otherwise were treading on new ground here.

So wheres all this that Mephiles can't be used? he was used before I don't see the issue.

God damn, I wish Ian would just have a pinned topic of all the characters hes not allowed to touch so we wouldn't have to play all these guessing games. anybody ever suggested to him he do that?

To the comics from here on out, yeah.

But hey, handy dandy reference guide for the comics prior to #240.

Oh, none the less its cool to have but it either had a really good release (rounding up the old universe) date or a really bad one, who knows they may even produce a new one in time when this new universe is fleshed out fully which is gonna take some time

Like I said, He really needs a frickin list for this stuff.

Wonder what changed between Scorge's Prison arc in Universe where Mephs was allowed to make cameos to now?

technicly, that wasnt mephs, it was just someone who looked like meph, just like they can refer to Nega, and see silohettes(or even in the off-panel), but not in the story, off-panels are kinda a free-reign zone since they are jokes

technicly, that wasnt mephs, it was just someone who looked like meph, just like they can refer to Nega, and see silohettes(or even in the off-panel), but not in the story, off-panels are kinda a free-reign zone since they are jokes

Was it ever said this look-alike wasn't him? because to me:

omg_sonic_universe_comic_29_is_mephiles_

Mephiles_Cameo.jpg

This looks a hell allot like him. 

Was it ever said this look-alike wasn't him? because to me:

omg_sonic_universe_comic_29_is_mephiles_

Mephiles_Cameo.jpg

This looks a hell allot like him. 

no, but on the same merit it never was said that it WAS him, they wanted a variety of prisioners, one of them being another dimensions look-alike to mephiles isnt going to get them in trouble, specialy since he was never named and played no real role in the story. A cameo that plays no role is allowable, a character who plays a major role is not

Doesn't sound like him though. Unless Archie!Mephiles is supposed to be a surfer dude.

Edited by TheFatPanda
  • Thumbs Up 1

Doesn't sound like him though. Unless Archie!Mephiles is supposed to be a surfer dude.

:D you just gave me a mental image of him on a surboard causing a tidal wave and throwing chaos spears everywhere XD