Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Meh, can't discuss it fully yet since I haven't seen full spoilers or read the issue.

So instead Ian doesn't actually know what Scourge's current legal state is, but he's not looking into it now because it isn't a pressing issue now. This is backed up by how he said that Scourge wasn't planned for the near future a while back.

Although he and Fiona appear in some of the adverts in the just-released Digest #5. I don't know what the circumstances are for that though.

Why would he even be an issue? Scourge /= Evil Sonic, Ian warped him to a point of being a different character with a shared backstory. Why would SEGA take issue?

And it sucks to hear about Mighty and Ray, but then again Tyson is just a cover artist so he really doesn't know himself, just guessing based on their current status with the games.

Why would he even be an issue? Scourge /= Evil Sonic, Ian warped him to a point of being a different character with a shared backstory. Why would SEGA take issue?

We may think so, but Penders thinks differently. Ian pointed out so in the same statement where he said he didn't known the status of Scourge himself.

And it sucks to hear about Mighty and Ray, but then again Tyson is just a cover artist so he really doesn't know himself, just guessing based on their current status with the games.

They could be given a bit of skinny about the current state of things in-universe and legally during the cover-creating process, after the preliminary cover has been drawn (as had to have been the case here since the first one he drew ended up having off-limits material. Not that Mighty and Ray are part of the off-limits material)

ya, he never actualy said Mighty, Nack and Ray were actualy on the cover, another reason might be is that they might all have redesigns coming up, and they havent been revealed yet so they dont want representation by the old designs

We may think so, but Penders thinks differently. Ian pointed out so in the same statement where he said he didn't known the status of Scourge himself.

Did penders say something as of late to make us think different?

Would suck if me lost scourge to him, means we would have allot less to work with then we thought.

I've been wondering: once the Lara-Su Chronicles proves to be a failure, do you think Archie will start using Penders' characters again? Because I don't see why they wouldn't.

Because by the point Penders may try to give the characters back they'll have already formatted the comic to move on and it'd be more of a hassle to reintroduce bad old memories?

• Thumbs Up 4

Because by the point Penders may try to give the characters back they'll have already formatted the comic to move on and it'd be more of a hassle to reintroduce bad old memories?

It wouldn't be that hard to reintegrate them. The only ones that would be really problematic are the characters from MXYL, and most of Knuckles' relatives.

I would think being Penders, he would try to sell them back rather than give them back. He is only doing all this for the prospect of money after all. Only to come to the realization a bit late that you can't kick someone in the nuts and then ask to borrow $5...it just doesn't work >.<

But aren't Locke, Julie, and Lara the only characters he actually wants to get paid for? I know I've read something to that effect somewhere...

But aren't Locke, Julie, and Lara the only characters he actually wants to get paid for? I know I've read something to that effect somewhere...

And then turns around and tries to sue EA which gets thrown out of court to which he says he will find another way to get it back in court...which we know he won't cause even the judge said the royalty money period for such a case if he had won was long since over and he would get squat anyway. I dunno...I can't really believe anything the guy says personally.

I wouldn't want Pender's characters back, or at least the Echidnas. First off, they wouldn't please SEGA and their whole "Knuckles is thought to be the last of the Echidnas" when Penders has thousands of them. Second, I came in after Penders when the Echidnas weren't so prominent and they still didn't feel right. I didn't like any of them except for Finitevus (to a degree, I still don't really understand his motives), I just saw Knuckles in all of them. If Archie is wanting to start over, it's best that they never came back unless they want to displease their overlords at SEGA.

Still, I was always happy that there were more echidna's in the world to be honest. The fact of saying, hey Knuckles, once you die, your race is dead just always seemed rather cruel to me. They can always make more if they wish, but even if they do, how much you want to bet he will then say that he owns the rights to the word echidna next and that no one can ever make an echidna character again without his permission knowing this guy.

Still, I was always happy that there were more echidna's in the world to be honest. The fact of saying, hey Knuckles, once you die, your race is dead just always seemed rather cruel to me. They can always make more if they wish, but even if they do, how much you want to bet he will then say that he owns the rights to the word echidna next and that no one can ever make an echidna character again without his permission knowing this guy.

I had a weird thought the other day about Mr. Penders suddenly going from claiming Evil Sonic and RoboRobotnik to Sonic and Eggman to the Sonic Franchise to the Human Race to everything.

He was then sentenced to being sued -> jail -> prison -> nuthouse -> electric chair. My own mind is just horrifying.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would think being Penders, he would try to sell them back rather than give them back. He is only doing all this for the prospect of money after all. Only to come to the realization a bit late that you can't kick someone in the nuts and then ask to borrow $5...it just doesn't work >.<

i do recall him saying that he wont sell them because nobody would buy them at the price he'd charge 

@sparky what the heck man

I personally feel it would be too much for everyone if they all came back. We've built up to this wipe for a while now. Things would need to be built up before coming back. Believe me, I really want some Archie exclusives back. Scourge may not be allowed now cause Penders saying he owns Evil Sonic (which is a fucking idiotic thing & it shows how copyright is full of bullshit) & who knows who else that Penders doesn't even own may be gone too. It will be a really dark day when Ian says Finitevus is off limits. Overall though, the bed has been made. Now we all have to lie in it.

I wouldn't want Pender's characters back, or at least the Echidnas. First off, they wouldn't please SEGA and their whole "Knuckles is thought to be the last of the Echidnas" when Penders has thousands of them. Second, I came in after Penders when the Echidnas weren't so prominent and they still didn't feel right. I didn't like any of them except for Finitevus (to a degree, I still don't really understand his motives), I just saw Knuckles in all of them. If Archie is wanting to start over, it's best that they never came back unless they want to displease their overlords at SEGA.

The echidnas I can understand. Like I said, they would be harder to bring back than other characters.

I know what you mean. That's why I prefer to think that Knuckles is merely the last of his tribe.

i do recall him saying that he wont sell them because nobody would buy them at the price he'd charge 

@sparky what the heck man

I don't know.

I personally feel it would be too much for everyone if they all came back. We've built up to this wipe for a while now. Things would need to be built up before coming back. Believe me, I really want some Archie exclusives back. Scourge may not be allowed now cause Penders saying he owns Evil Sonic (which is a fucking idiotic thing & it shows how copyright is full of bullshit) & who knows who else that Penders doesn't even own may be gone too. It will be a really dark day when Ian says Finitevus is off limits. Overall though, the bed has been made. Now we all have to lie in it.

WEll at the moment, ian hasnt said that, and archie des have the rights since he was created by Bollers I think(I just know he wasnt made by penders)

I could see him coming back in a number of ways, though I do like him as a counterpoint antagonist to Knuckles

The echidnas I can understand. Like I said, they would be harder to bring back than other characters.

I know what you mean. That's why I prefer to think that Knuckles is merely the last of his tribe.

Being the last of his tribe and last of his kind are definitely two different things. If they use the word tribe instead of kind, then I'm sure people would get over it in the end if there are other echidna out there. Echidna aren't as endangered in the real world as they are in the sonic world. Just have them find a new batch of them in Downunda if Downunda even still exists in this new universe.

If they can make use of the Nocturnus tribe of echidnas in the comics I'd be perfectly fine with that over most of Pender's echidnas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If they can make use of the Nocturnus tribe of echidnas in the comics I'd be perfectly fine with that over most of Pender's echidnas.

Which I doubt they could use and are most likely in the off limits area as well due to Penders suing over the Noctunus concept anyway.

Which I doubt they could use and are most likely in the off limits area as well due to Penders suing over the Noctunus concept anyway.

Which blew up in his face as well.

Not expecting them anytime soon, but just a thought.

I'd like to see the Nocturnus pop up in Archie's Sonic comics just to see what Archie can come up with for them, since it does seem they likely aren't going to appear in the games again. Even despite the fact that Nocturnus Gate somehow managed to get in as a Dream Event in Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics.