Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

*slow clap* Congratulations Archie, that is probably the only entertaining thing Silver has ever been in, perhaps only shadowed by being able to smack his face into concrete at high speed in Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_mwl72irZUh1s2ypolo1_500.jpg

Oh lmao.

Some people have the issue now. I'm sure they'll spoil it during the night.

You want spoilers? Guess I'll give it a go:

Marines and Captain Whiskers crew begin shooting at eachother, as Blaze confronts Captain Metal on top of his submarine. He manages to knock her out and takes her back to the Egg O' War (leaving Buckle and Swash behind) Amy and Cream chase after him leaving Marine, Bean and Bark to deal with Whisker and his crew who have just boarded the heroes ship.

Aboard the Egg O' War, Blaze has been restrained in a machine that will allow Metal to draw out her Sol Emerald energy. Using the power of the emerald he has, the Egg O' War launches into the sky. Outside, Captain Whisker and his crew are forced to retreat upon seeing the large battle ship launch into the sky, but not before giving Captain Marine a "parting shot": a cannonball to the side of her ship. As the ship sinks, we suddenly see that Bean has hopped on top of Captain Metals sub, where he's going cookoo over the shiny Buckle and Swash: the duo decide that they'd rather rust in the ocean than to be anywhere near him ("Shinies go bye-bye" says Bean sadly). With the sub deserted, Marine and Bark use it to escape going down with the ship.

Back on the Egg O' War, Metal begins the process of draining blaze of her Sol energy, just when Amy and Cream burst in. Amy takes a hammer to Blaze's restraints, releasing her. Amy and Cream give Metal the runaround. He's about to jab them with his large metal crab-claw, before a massive inferno appears and melts his claw clean off. The flames of course came from a newly transformed Burning Blaze, who had managed to grab the final Sol Emerald during the commotion. Captain Metal insists that they haven't won yet, seconds before Burning Blaze douses him point black with a flame blast, melting him into a pool of metallic muck. But then, Captain Metals voice echoes once again through the ship: he reveals that he downloaded his programming into the Egg O' War before being melted. He takes control of the loose wires hanging from the machinery, but Blaze simply douses them in flames again. She then burns a hole through the locked escape hatch, allowing Amy and Cream to escape while Blaze begins her destruction of the Egg O' War. After destroying every piece of internal machinery in sight with one fell fiery swoop, she finishes off by flying outside the ship and blasting a hole clean through it. The ship falls into the ocean where it immediately sinks.

Blaze reunites with the girls, Bean and Bark who are still floating on Metals submarine. Blaze reverts back to normal as the seven Sol Emeralds float around her. Bean eyes the gems longingly before they vanish into thin air. Blaze acknowledges the part they played in getting the emerald back, even though she doesn't approve of their mercenary ways. Blaze reveals that it was in fact the Sol Emeralds that had brought them all to her zone, because they knew that Blaze would need their help to defeat Captain Metal. Amy and Cream congratulate Blaze for completing her quest, with Cream remarking that she should take a holiday after all of this, to which Blaze respectfully declines due to the Sol Emeralds needing her protection. She then reminds them that they probably have work waiting for them back on their world, to which Amy remarks that she has a feeling that "home" isn't going to be the same again. After saying their goodbyes, Blaze uses her Sol energy to send the Prime Zone characters home. Marine immediately begins balling, saying that she misses them already. Meanwhile below the ocean, the Egg O' War appears completely destroyed, but then the eye starts glowing again...

Amy, Cream, Bean and Bark arrive back in the Prime Zone, appearing in the middle of Mobotropolis. Cream is happy that Blaze successfully got them back home, but Amy isn't so sure, as she quickly gets the feeling that something is off. "I think we need to find Sonic..." she says.

Edited by TheFatPanda

*slow clap* Congratulations Archie, that is probably the only entertaining thing Silver has ever been in, perhaps only shadowed by being able to smack his face into concrete at high speed in Generations.

Okay, I'm going to ask you to stop. Silver-bashing is one of the things I absolutely can't stand, so don't expect me to take it lying down.

Okay, I'm going to ask you to stop. Silver-bashing is one of the things I absolutely can't stand, so don't expect me to take it lying down.

You don't really have the right to ask other members to stop deriding a character that you like, especially since deriding characters one dislikes isn't against the rules.

Edited : Sorry Nepenthe, musta been typing my own thoughts on that when you posted. Not wanting to inflame the situation I'll remove my personal response, as it would no doubt get off topic if we started having any back and forth.

On topic tho, I can't wait to get the issue by the sounds of it. Nice wrap up to a fun filled arc with great writing, especially Beans lines. I find him hilarious personally. I do hope Bean and Bark find Nack tho, their "team" had great chemistry I thought.

Edited by Tenko

You don't really have the right to ask other members to stop deriding a character that you like, especially since deriding characters one dislikes isn't against the rules.

Last time this happened I complained, and you got mad at me. What the hell do you want me to do?

Lie down, stand, doesn't matter how you choose to orient your body, it was my personal opinion and response to the off-panel. It's not like I was going to keep going, so telling me to stop what's already been said is kinda pointless. I said my piece and nothing is going to change that or my personal opinion on said character. No need to get bent out of shape that someone else doesn't share the same opinion as yourself, it's called individuality. I hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. You, I guess, like him. Life goes on. Don't take it so personally.

More on topic like my thoughts on the off-panel tho I can't wait to get the issue by the sounds of it. Nice wrap up to a fun filled arc with great writing, especially Beans lines. I find him hilarious personally smile.png

That doesn't matter. I am tired of people hating on Silver when he's done nothing to warrant the hate he receives.

You want spoilers? Guess I'll give it a go:

Marines and Captain Whiskers crew begin shooting at eachother, as Blaze confronts Captain Metal on top of his submarine. He manages to knock her out and takes her back to the Egg O' War (leaving Buckle and Swash behind) Amy and Cream chase after him leaving Marine, Bean and Bark to deal with Whisker and his crew who have just boarded the heroes ship.

Aboard the Egg O' War, Blaze has been restrained in a machine that will allow Metal to draw out her Sol Emerald energy. Using the power of the emerald he has, the Egg O' War launches into the sky. Outside, Captain Whisker and his crew are forced to retreat upon seeing the large battle ship launch into the sky, but not before giving Captain Marine a "parting shot": a cannonball to the side of her ship. As the ship sinks, we suddenly see that Bean has hopped on top of Captain Metals sub, where he's going cookoo over the shiny Buckle and Swash: the duo decide that they'd rather rust in the ocean than to be anywhere near him ("Shinies go bye-bye" says Bean sadly). With the sub deserted, Marine and Bark use it to escape going down with the ship.

Back on the Egg O' War, Metal begins the process of draining blaze of her Sol energy, just when Amy and Cream burst in. Amy takes a hammer to Blaze's restraints, releasing her. Amy and Cream give Metal the runaround. He's about to jab them with his large metal crab-claw, before a massive inferno appears and melts his claw clean off. The flames of course came from a newly transformed Burning Blaze, who had managed to grab the final Sol Emerald during the commotion. Captain Metal insists that they haven't won yet, seconds before Burning Blaze douses him point black with a flame blast, melting him into a pool of metallic muck. But then, Captain Metals voice echoes once again through the ship: he reveals that he downloaded his programming into the Egg O' War before being melted. He takes control of the loose wires hanging from the machinery, but Blaze simply douses them in flames again. She then burns a hole through the locked escape hatch, allowing Amy and Cream to escape while Blaze begins her destruction of the Egg O' War. After destroying every piece of internal machinery in sight with one fell fiery swoop, she finishes off by flying outside the ship and blasting a hole clean through it. The ship falls into the ocean where it immediately sinks.

Blaze reunites with the girls, Bean and Bark who are still floating on Metals submarine. Blaze reverts back to normal as the seven Sol Emeralds float around her. Bean eyes the gems longingly before they vanish into thin air. Blaze acknowledges the part they played in getting the emerald back, even though she doesn't approve of their mercenary ways. Blaze reveals that it was in fact the Sol Emeralds that had brought them all to her zone, because they knew that Blaze would need their help to defeat Captain Metal. Amy and Cream congratulate Blaze for completing her quest, with Cream remarking that she should take a holiday after all of this, to which Blaze respectfully declines due to the Sol Emeralds needing her protection. She then reminds them that they probably have work waiting for them back on their world, to which Amy remarks that she has a feeling that "home" isn't going to be the same again. After saying their goodbyes, Blaze uses her Sol energy to send the Prime Zone characters home. Marine immediately begins balling, saying that she misses them already. Meanwhile below the ocean, the Egg O' War appears completely destroyed, but then the eye starts glowing again...

Amy, Cream, Bean and Bark arrive back in the Prime Zone, appearing in the middle of Mobotropolis. Cream is happy that Blaze successfully got them back home, but Amy isn't so sure, as she quickly gets the feeling that something is off. "I think we need to find Sonic..." she says.

Well this sounds like an interesting issue. Can't wait until I get my copy

Last time this happened I complained, and you got mad at me. What the hell do you want me to do?

I would personally like you to stop taking potshots to your favorite character so personally and going after the people who do so, which in turn incites arguments and raises potential for derailing the thread. People are allowed to criticize the things they dislike here within the limits of the rules; what Tenko said was, while exaggerated, perfectly acceptable for the forum, thus no one has the right to tell him to stop.

I would personally like you to stop taking potshots to your favorite character so personally and going after the people who do so, which in turn incites arguments and raises potential for derailing the thread. People are allowed to criticize the things they dislike here within the limits of the rules; what Tenko said was, while exaggerated, perfectly acceptable for the forum, thus no one has the right to tell him to stop.

That may be the case, but there's a difference between criticism and character bashing. Furthermore, Silver is not my favorite character, he is merely someone I think gets too much hate. Am I suddenly not allowed to defend him?

You weren't defending the character; you told another member to merely stop, which as I've explained is out of bounds for any member to do. Discuss the character to your heart's content, but don't try to censor anyone.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is there a way to buy it online and get it on your computer? I may get into the comic book series, want to try it out

Yeah the Sonic comics app, Archie app and comixollogy(if that's how you spell it)

You weren't defending the character; you told another member to merely stop, which as I've explained is out of bounds for any member to do. Discuss the character to your heart's content, but don't try to censor anyone.

I wasn't trying to censor him, I just wanted to challenge his statement about Silver. But I guess I can't do anything right, can I?

so on another note, anybody else want to share thoughts on some characters that are in the ok they would like to see back? and any guess's on the win?

Mighty, Nack and Ray are obivous ones for me, however another fellow I would like to see back is Larry Lynx, I enjoyed him in the secret freedom fighters arc, and would like to see him back

I wasn't trying to censor him, I just wanted to challenge his statement about Silver. But I guess I can't do anything right, can I?

Here, let me help you out on how to challenge someone's opinion

Tenko - Congratulations Archie, that is probably the only entertaining thing Silver has ever been in,

Me - Yeah, speak for yourself, bro. I enjoyed seeing his fight with Dark Enerjak and his actions as a Secret Freedom Fighter.

It's better than saying "Stop with the Silver-Bashing" which can be translated to others as "Stop hating what I like." Now that's just asking for a fight on the board as that comes off as self-centered.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 4

so on another note, anybody else want to share thoughts on some characters that are in the ok they would like to see back? and any guess's on the win?

Mighty, Nack and Ray are obivous ones for me, however another fellow I would like to see back is Larry Lynx, I enjoyed him in the secret freedom fighters arc, and would like to see him back

I'd honestly wouldn't mind seeing the Secret Freedom Fighters come back in some form altogether. It's been said that Shard will be back, and presuming the Wolf Pack returns (they were SatAM characters, so I don't see why not), we'll probably see Lyco and Leeta again, and Larry is also safe. I'm not sure if Harvey Who will be back, but it'd be nice to have the sort of mentor figure informing the new King Max (who's basically a mix of Elias and Max at this point).

I also want to see what happens to Mammoth Mogul in this new universe. I really liked Mogul, and would love to see what becomes of him in all this. He probably no longer has a Chaos Emerald, but that doesn't mean he can't still have all his power. It'd just be from a different source. One thing that bugged me with eliminating the infinite Emeralds from the Prime Universe is that most of the Emeralds immediately became out of reach. Two of them were held by villains who weren't losing them any time soon. Two are held by G.U.N., who were collecting them for still unknown reasons, and the other four were more or less unaccounted for post-Genesis (with one somehow winding up in Mega Man's world for a while). I personally never liked the infinite Emeralds idea, but it allowed for some villains to have that kind of power, but still not keep it out of reach of the heroes.

We know Scourge and Fiona are safe, based on things Flynn has already said, so we just have to wait and see what happens with them, the Destructix, and Finitevus on Moebius. Er... Dr. Finitevus is safe, right?

And, heck, I want to see Thrash again. What happened to his people after everything went down? Was his mission negated by the universe being reset? Muttski now being an anthro seems to point to the idea that the Devils may have been "reset" to their original form instead of being in their devolved state. I know we'll never get a conclusion to his story and his conflict with Knuckles... but what's stopping them from creating a new conflict? I mean, couldn't they still be enemies?

Edited by Zaysho

Lupe was SatAM, most of the rest of the Wolf Pack aren't. Leeta and Lyco are likely never going to appear again. 

Lupe was SatAM, most of the rest of the Wolf Pack aren't. Leeta and Lyco are likely never going to appear again. 

I was wondering how Lupe would be brought back into the comic.  Assuming of course she is coming back. 

Okay, the off-panel was funny, but people believing that it actually sinks the ship when it doesn't do anything of the sort is stupid. 

My wish list so far would be something like this. I wouldn't mind seeing Sonic/Tails/Knuckles go Mecha again. Tho with the whole Mecha Sally thing done recently I don't see that happening any time soon. Mecha Madness really was a great arc and seeing something of its kind again would be wicked.

Besides that I really wanna know what some of the more major baddies are up to in the new universe. Nagus, Finetivus and Mogul to name a few.

I'm also interested to see what they end up doing with the other lost game characters and if they will still have decent parts to play. What if they are more like their game personality than their comic personality, like Mighty being a pacifist etc.

I would like a follow up to the current Universe arc too, to see what Bean and Bark do now they are back on Prime soil. Where's Nack, and will they try hook up with him again.

We might want to get to establishing the characters that are higher priority first. We still have about a dozen majors to get through, and even popular characters like Scourge are currently planned to be further down the line.

Although what Tyson said implied that Mighty and Ray are not going to have the same role of being Chaotix members. Not surprised, but whatever.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Okay, the off-panel was funny, but people believing that it actually sinks the ship when it doesn't do anything of the sort is stupid.

Agreed I really don't know why people are making a big deal about it

We might want to get to establishing the characters that are higher priority first. We still have about a dozen majors to get through, and even popular characters like Scourge are currently planned to be further down the line. Although what Tyson said implied that Mighty and Ray are not going to have the same role of being Chaotix members. Not surprised, but whatever.

Wait what did he say about mighty and ray? Edited by Dejimon11