Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Which is actually silly.

Werehedgehog would make more sense, Werehog implies that the Werebeast is some kind of Pig rather than a Hedgehog.

Nevermind that the 'were' part is Latin for man, which Sonic clearly isn't nor ever was.

It's just one of those things were what the name actually means doesn't matter and not supposed to look too deeply into it.

Nope! nothing. by god they actually found an original name!!

I must be "lucky" then because I found a ton of things on the first few rows:

Shadow__Amy__and_Shade_by_THEATOMBOMB035

eclipse_VS_mecha_sonic_by_Trakker.jpg

eclipse_by_sim_phil-d4rtqec.jpg

Just to show a few.

Here's another one;

The one that's in the comic.

TFPeclipse_zpsda6c88bf.jpg

Because Fat Panda went and sketched it as a reference. The red is more maroon and the black has a purplish tint to it.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Here's another one;

The one that's in the comic.

TFPeclipse_zpsda6c88bf.jpg

Because Fat Panda went a sketched it as a reference. The red is more maroon and the black has a purplish tint to it.

Huuuagh...

Nice sketching, though.

Huh, Black death doesn’t look that bad. Kind of has this Assassins' Creed thing going on. He's definitely Black Doom 2.0

Since I don’t feel like breaking the law...erm.. here’s some fan art?kffr.jpg

Black Death looks badass. As for eclipse he reminds me of mephiles although i guess thats the point since he is called the dark

So is Eclipse actually Shadow, or just someone who looks a lot like him?

I recall he's described as someone created to counter Shadow (so he's Shadow's Metal Sonic I guess?)

So is Eclipse actually Shadow, or just someone who looks a lot like him?

I'm guessing he's supposed to be like a Metal Sonic for Shadow, made by the group that seem to act as his Eggman Empire.

EDIT: 250px-EspioNew.png

Speaking of which... I really hope that these Black Arms stay alive or stay in existence as a recurring enemy group that opposes Shadow. It would be nice Ian could use the Nocturnus Clan to oppose Knuckles, but that seems to be a little unlikely.

Edited by Sparky

First one's a colour guide.

Not an accurate one...

In terms of shape, the second ones more on-model.

Edited by TheFatPanda

Ya know, I wasn't really gonna say anything but applaud how cool this looks, especially that shot of "Eclipse," but...

"All your favorite Freedom Fighters are back, now looking like they're straight from the games! Who else will get the updated treatment?"

Granted, they are all closer looking towards a more SEGASonic style, but still. Something about the way that it's phrased really rubs me the wrong way...

In any case, that snippet of the Sky Patrol has most of my attention. We could be seeing some fire fights with the Death Egg pretty soon! If Ian sneaks in a barrel roll joke should this happen I swear on all things good

Yay let's take one of the most f'd up parts of the Sonic cannon, that even Sega has tried to distance themselves from and add to it!! Blegh not looking forward to this Shadow arc at all. That other info in the SSS#9 preview pages look interesting tho :)

Actually that's a point, Metal/Mecha Knuckles is kinda cannon since he appeared in Sonic Advance and Sonic R...but with Sega's crack down on the Metal series, only one Metal Sonic etc, will we see a Metal Tails or see Metal Knuckles again.

Unless that last appearance of them was post "mandate" stuff then don't pay me no mind. Tho I guess post crossover would be a better way of wording it since that's when the changes have really taken place.

I think the Metal series is fine, I'm sure they were just reffering the 1 metal sonic thing so Metal Sonic can't be their cannon fodder anymore or at least cut down on it. they would've never approved the idea if they wern't cool with it to begin with...

I must be "lucky" then because I found a ton of things on the first few rows:

Shadow__Amy__and_Shade_by_THEATOMBOMB035

eclipse_VS_mecha_sonic_by_Trakker.jpg

eclipse_by_sim_phil-d4rtqec.jpg

Just to show a few.

What did you type in exactly? because I typed in the name exactly how it was written and not Eclipse the hedgehog or whatever.

Crikey, I didn't expect Eclipse to be a Metal Shadow!  He look flippin awesome!  Like others have said I'm really hoping we're not in for one trick pony villains in this Shadow arc.  I'm really starting to like this subtle reboot, dare I say.

I don't think he's a "Metal" Shadow, people are just referring to him as such as he seems like Shadows doppelgänger. He's described as a Black Arms hybrid type deal so he's living not metal or robot.

Edited by Tenko

Yeah, I for one am going to be pretty skeptical over this arc with Eclipse. I'm not a fan of the Black Arms, and I'm not exactly excited for these new characters.

But I managed to like Big the Cat in the comics, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see if they can impress me here.

Who else is going to guess that Eclipse or Eclipse's battle kind was the D.N.A. Black Doom used when he was with Gerald? Something tells me that we might have a bit of an origin story here on our hands.