Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Can I just say that I think Antoine looks better without his jacket? I didn't particularly mind seeing him wear it, but I greatly prefer his new outfit.

As do I. I actually really like these new takes on the characters, and those cgi models show how much they really work

I have a feeling that CC17 will give out some shots of SU #57 soon this week as it seems some subscribers are getting the issue now

I just got my SU57 today yes. It is an interesting read with some surprising stuff in it as well.

Besides Whiskers, which you could see from the cover, it would seem that another mention of Nega has happened once again. Will we ever see him?

Also, finding out that Blaze can both fly and has a fear of heights.

A cat that is afraid of heights ^^;

Edited by Jet Prower

Now that's Ironic. Was that something added in the games or something the comics made up?

That's been with her since Day 1.

Also Nega appearring uuurrrrrrggghh I hope not. He's basically a more boring Eggman.

Edited by Satan Attaxx

That's been with her since Day 1.

Also Nega appearring uuurrrrrrggghh I hope not. He's basically a more boring Eggman.

I dont remember that being from day one, but maybe it was and I dont remember it? Though do be sure and keep it in spoilers of course so we dont ruin it for the others.

They're both from the literal day one that is Rush; Blaze's flight was first shown in the fight with Sonic, where she floats while causing fire to erupt under Sonic, while her fear of heights is brought up before then as Cream flies her away, and again in Rush Adventure when you reach Sky Babylon.

They're both from the literal day one that is Rush; Blaze's flight was first shown in the fight with Sonic, where she floats while causing fire to erupt under Sonic, while her fear of heights is brought up before then as Cream flies her away, and again in Rush Adventure when you reach Sky Babylon.

Well, I haven't played those games in like six or seven years and it hasn't been mentioned since then, so can you really blame someone for forgetting that someone that doesn't look like they can do that nor has the fear been mentioned since then to forget those little details? If I haven't played the game in forever, can't blame me for forgetting those little things.

So, I've recently started reading this comic. I picked up 252 last month and grabbed 253 yesterday. So far, I'm enjoying this different take on Sonic. And I'm thinking of doing sort reviews on the comics each month... Haven't made a decision about that either way though.

On the Blaze thing... This is why Blaze is a Speed type and not a Fly Type. In an alternate timeline, Blaze could have been a Fly Type and Silver a Speed Type. But nope.

Either way I consider Marine a Power Type.

So, I've recently started reading this comic. I picked up 252 last month and grabbed 253 yesterday. So far, I'm enjoying this different take on Sonic. And I'm thinking of doing sort reviews on the comics each month... Haven't made a decision about that either way though.

Up to you if you want to review the comics or not. We talk about them off an on in here enough for you to know if it is a hit or a miss, but for the most part, I do think most of them have been hits for awhile now. Most of the more meh ones have been quite awhile ago in my opinion.

On the Blaze thing... This is why Blaze is a Speed type and not a Fly Type. In an alternate timeline, Blaze could have been a Fly Type and Silver a Speed Type. But nope.

Either way I consider Marine a Power Type.

I wish I had known that she could fly though and was scared of heights though already. I thought it was something new. I'm glad some of you remember Rush and such so clearly. I play so many games that keeping things on my mind for a long time is very hard unless it is just something that flat out sticks in my mind.

Well, so its actual 3D models? and by a fan no less? hot damn, thats cool!

Whose the digital artist again? I'm SO watching that person on DevART.

Well, so its actual 3D models? and by a fan no less? hot damn, thats cool!

Whose the digital artist again? I'm SO watching that person on DevART.

Here ya go.

More peeks at pirates for your pleasure!

*Images removed to conserve bandwidth*

Also the full skinny:

The issue begins where the last left off with Amy helping Blaze escape while Bean and Bark make off with the Sol Emerald. Captain Metal orders his crew of robuccaneers to get it back, but before they can even touch the duo, Johnny swoops in and swipes it himself. The combined efforts of Amy and Blaze finally succeed in destroying the cage (While also driving off the oncoming tentacles of the Kraken) and they head after Johnny with Cream and Marine in tow. (Blaze and Marine explaining who Johnny is to the other two.) Captain Metal tries to shoot them down, but the Sprockets are able to distract him long enough for them to escape. The Captain then orders his crew to ready his submarine and release the Kraken to go after Blaze's bunch.

Speaking of, they're still hot on Johnny's trail as Amy and company explain their recent journey to Blaze. After hearing that the dolphins and Sprockets helped them out, Blaze is relieved to hear that there are still SOME kind souls in her world. Amy asks why there ARE so many pirates and she explains that since most of her planet is ocean, it's lawless and wild. Once she gets the Sol Emerald back, she plans to use them all to wipe out all of the piracy and create a peaceful world. With Cream tiring out her ears, the group realize that they need a way to pursue Johnny off of the island. This brings them to Metal's ship, which Marine claims as her own since 'Ol Metalhead sank hers. After a bit of embarrassment on Blaze's part pertaining to her fear of heights and Cream relating it to her own use of a nightlight, the group board the ship and with a bit of "persuasion" from the pyrocat, take it over from the robot crew.

Back to Johnny, he arrives at Captain Whisker's ship where he greets the Captain and his two flunkies, Mini and Mum. He presents the Sol Emerald to him, saying that he snatched it from right under Blaze and Whisker's favorite new rival, Captain Metal's, noses. The Captain enjoys the victory for a bit before Mini and Mum reveal that he's "gotta hand it over to the boss." Whisker tells them to not remind him and says that he's "only under Nega's thumb for now" and that he'll eventually get his comeuppance along with the rest of his enemies. Johnny soon spots Blaze's crew and their commandeered Metal ship and they ready for a tussle.

Meanwhile, on the other ship, Blaze and crew discover that Bean and Bark have stowed away. Marine asks what they're doing on her ship when Bean (Now wearing a rather fashionable captain's chapeau) claims that HE'S the captain of this vessel while going off on a long, dramatic tirade. Marine insists on the contrary, but Bean sticks to his delusion until Blaze burns off his capn's cap. She tells Amy to keep the two in line as Marine and Whisker both prepare their weaponry. However, just as they fire, the Kraken bursts up between them, causing their cannon balls to bounce right off of its metal body. The crews of both ships put up a good fight against the beast, but they can't even scratch it. At their most desperate, Cream asks Bean to use his powers of explosivo to help them. He says that he'll only lend a hand if he's made captain again and Blaze agrees to his term, much to Marine's dismay. The looney duck summons a GIANT bomb (that immediately crushes him) and Bark throws it into the monster's belly, destroying it and throwing Whisker's ship off balance, causing him to drop the Emerald. Captain Metal's claw emerges from the briny depths and snatches it, revealing that he's been under them in his sub the whole time. Blaze and Whisker demand that he hand it over, but he refuses, revealing that he's transformed his body into a crab-like form. The issue ends. There's also a humorous Off-Panel strip that shows what happens when two extremes meet.

Enjoy! smile.png

Edited by Diamond CC14
  • Thumbs Up 7

Oh man. Seeing Bean turn into Shakespeare after he only gets something snatched from him is just the best thing.

As for the issue itself, this is gettin intense! They just one offed a freakkin Krakken!?

So Whisker and Johnny are also planning to pull a Snively huh? Interesting. I guess they were only afraid of the whole "Power of the Stars" thing that Nega was after last time.

METAL, IF YOU TURN INTO METAL OVERLOAD BY THE END OF THIS I SWEAR TO GOD

...isn't that interesting. When Wily and Eggman team up, they conquer dimensions. When Bean and Marine start talking, they break reality.

Oh man. Seeing Bean turn into Shakespeare after he only gets something snatched from him is just the best thing. As for the issue itself, this is gettin intense! They just one offed a freakkin Krakken!? So Whisker and Johnny are also planning to pull a Snively huh? Interesting. I guess they were only afraid of the whole "Power of the Stars" thing that Nega was after last time. METAL, IF YOU TURN INTO METAL OVERLOAD BY THE END OF THIS I SWEAR TO GOD ...isn't that interesting. When Wily and Eggman team up, they conquer dimensions. When Bean and Marine start talking, they break reality.

They're not allowed to use metal overlord just putting that there

They're not allowed to use metal overlord just putting that there

Why not? He's from a game that they'd rather forget?

That didn't stop Soleanna getting a mention way back in the Shadow arc, and that was a game they'd rather forget.

I'll admit, Blaze burning Bean's hat and seeing her smirk like a smartass made me smile.

biggrin.png 

Definitely. tongue.png  Why I like her so much. That little bit of attitude she has where she knows she is a bit of a badass without having to throw that she is a girl around as well. So cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

I guess they want to use the whole there is only one metal sonic thing. Sega has some weird mandates on certain characters like not letting them use Dr. Nega, Emerl(cause he's part of the sonic x canon), gmerl, blackdoom the muraders or what ever theyre called(especially with the law suit) mean it they let Archie use omega and cream after so long

You'd think that they hadn't used Seaside Hill nearly as often as Green Hill judging by your comment.

But no, it's likely because the developers themselves aren't sure of what to do with the concept. That's why Eggman Nega and the Sonic '06 cast were off-limits for a long while, and why Emerl still is.

if I had to guess, if it werent or their real introduction in Knuckles Chaotix 32X, the Chaotix may have not even been in the comic till recently